HTC Evo 3D and Sensation Battery Working in Desire HD!

26th April 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 5

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion

The longer or shorter the length of the antenna will change the frequency it can pick up. theres a bit of theory and math to it, but just increasing area will both cause your radio chip to drive harder (lessening battery life) and cause it to get a poorer signal. the length and shape and in line inductor all have to be matched properly.

so what you're saying is that you essentially have to replace the cut part of the wifi antenna with a similar size piece or it increases battery drain due to having to power a larger antenna?
26th April 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 68

315 posts
More
Gotcha. Good info.

I'll try a few variations.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA
26th April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #143  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 881

1,142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imptb

so what you're saying is that you essentially have to replace the cut part of the wifi antenna with a similar size piece or it increases battery drain due to having to power a larger antenna?

exact same dimensions. also the layout changes how it receives signal. some layouts will point in a certain direction, others 360 degrees, others 180 degrees. Without going into too much radio physics, best to leave the antenna alone, improving its connection WILL boost performance.

a good analogy would be, a subwoofer in the car sounds awesome, and at that right bass frequency youll feel EVERYTHING shake and rumble and you love it. well that special bass note is different for each car/sub box. Your antenna works the same way, its designed to be the right length to resonate (rumble) at the frequency you use to connect with, if you change its size, you change the frequency its good with. It can still work, just not as efficiently.
28th April 2012, 09:04 AM   |  #144  
Thanks Meter: 13

15 posts
May as well give this a go, Anker 1900mAH battery can be had off eBay now for 7.99 and battery door for 2.15, so 10.14 for what should be a huge increase over a tired old stock battery.
29th April 2012, 03:13 PM   |  #145  
Thanks Meter: 310

730 posts
Screw all that messing about....i'm gonna buy a Genuine HTC Desire HD Stock Battery, so then i'll have one in the phone and a fully charged spare battery in my pocket/wallet/car/house/bag or whatever, for when battery dies.

Matt
13th May 2012, 12:20 AM   |  #146  
Brussels
Thanks Meter: 10

20 posts
More
really nice, thanks for this trick
16th May 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #147  
Thanks Meter: 298

1,706 posts
We need to order a extra better cover in order to get the metallic connections and not destroy the original phone's cover?
are all parts at Ebay (Chinese or european) the same?

Unleashed from my Revolutionized Desire HD
16th May 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #148  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 89

430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASTAVIPER

We need to order a extra better cover in order to get the metallic connections and not destroy the original phone's cover?
are all parts at Ebay (Chinese or european) the same?

Unleashed from my Revolutionized Desire HD

Got mine from Hong Kong, stock OEM battery door. Works the same as the original one. No drop in wifi performance. Too bad the original one got pretty used up, the copper strip fades away.
16th May 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #149  
Thanks Meter: 298

1,706 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpsyko

Got mine from Hong Kong, stock OEM battery door. Works the same as the original one. No drop in wifi performance. Too bad the original one got pretty used up, the copper strip fades away.

thank you for fast reply.
Could you show me a photo of the wifi mod?
Concerning post 98 with the DIY procedure, it doesnt really look nice how the chinese guy has the wifi antenna at the external side of the phone.
If this is how the phone will look like at the end, then I dont find any point to try this whole procedure.
17th May 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #150  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 89

430 posts
More
Unfortunately, that is the best way to do it. There is no other way other than that except for the external antenna. I didn't do it because it is so ugly. After cutting out the battery door, I've put my previously used gelaskin to cover up the battery. It blends well with the mods. Too bad the skin got peeled out accidentally, and I've lost it forever. :'(
Now I seldom use it except when I have my casemate tough with me or going out for long trips. Will upload the pic if you insist, but it is just the same as the previous post with gelaskin on it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, desire hd, evo 3d, inspire 4g, sensation
Previous Thread Next Thread