Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Evo 3D and Sensation Battery Working in Desire HD!

Tip us?

imptb
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darunion View Post
The longer or shorter the length of the antenna will change the frequency it can pick up. theres a bit of theory and math to it, but just increasing area will both cause your radio chip to drive harder (lessening battery life) and cause it to get a poorer signal. the length and shape and in line inductor all have to be matched properly.
so what you're saying is that you essentially have to replace the cut part of the wifi antenna with a similar size piece or it increases battery drain due to having to power a larger antenna?

knarfl1
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Gotcha. Good info.

I'll try a few variations.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Darunion
Old
Thanks Meter 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by imptb View Post
so what you're saying is that you essentially have to replace the cut part of the wifi antenna with a similar size piece or it increases battery drain due to having to power a larger antenna?
exact same dimensions. also the layout changes how it receives signal. some layouts will point in a certain direction, others 360 degrees, others 180 degrees. Without going into too much radio physics, best to leave the antenna alone, improving its connection WILL boost performance.

a good analogy would be, a subwoofer in the car sounds awesome, and at that right bass frequency youll feel EVERYTHING shake and rumble and you love it. well that special bass note is different for each car/sub box. Your antenna works the same way, its designed to be the right length to resonate (rumble) at the frequency you use to connect with, if you change its size, you change the frequency its good with. It can still work, just not as efficiently.
Let me google that for you -The best way to help someone and also tell them they are lazy at the same time.

Trolls are like stray cats, if you stop feeding them, eventually they move on.

Answer a users question, he's smart for a day. Teach a user how to research his own questions, he's smart for a lifetime!

Saint AAI
Old
Thanks Meter 13
May as well give this a go, Anker 1900mAH battery can be had off eBay now for 7.99 and battery door for 2.15, so 10.14 for what should be a huge increase over a tired old stock battery.

matthew33
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Screw all that messing about....i'm gonna buy a Genuine HTC Desire HD Stock Battery, so then i'll have one in the phone and a fully charged spare battery in my pocket/wallet/car/house/bag or whatever, for when battery dies.

Matt
"Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

op-war
Old
Thanks Meter 10
really nice, thanks for this trick

RASTAVIPER
Old
Thanks Meter 284
We need to order a extra better cover in order to get the metallic connections and not destroy the original phone's cover?
are all parts at Ebay (Chinese or european) the same?

Unleashed from my Revolutionized Desire HD
Phone 1: NEXUS 4 16GB, Rooted, Stock 4.4.4, Hells core b47
Phone 2: HTC DESIRE HD @1.2Ghz Rooted with JellyTime 4.2 R11 1900mah Anker battery
Tablet 1: TABLET v975m 32gb v3: custom 1.10 Rom
Tablet 2: TV BOX CS968, GEASS custom Rom

drpsyko
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASTAVIPER View Post
We need to order a extra better cover in order to get the metallic connections and not destroy the original phone's cover?
are all parts at Ebay (Chinese or european) the same?

Unleashed from my Revolutionized Desire HD
Got mine from Hong Kong, stock OEM battery door. Works the same as the original one. No drop in wifi performance. Too bad the original one got pretty used up, the copper strip fades away.

RASTAVIPER
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpsyko View Post
Got mine from Hong Kong, stock OEM battery door. Works the same as the original one. No drop in wifi performance. Too bad the original one got pretty used up, the copper strip fades away.
thank you for fast reply.
Could you show me a photo of the wifi mod?
Concerning post 98 with the DIY procedure, it doesnt really look nice how the chinese guy has the wifi antenna at the external side of the phone.
If this is how the phone will look like at the end, then I dont find any point to try this whole procedure.
Phone 1: NEXUS 4 16GB, Rooted, Stock 4.4.4, Hells core b47
Phone 2: HTC DESIRE HD @1.2Ghz Rooted with JellyTime 4.2 R11 1900mah Anker battery
Tablet 1: TABLET v975m 32gb v3: custom 1.10 Rom
Tablet 2: TV BOX CS968, GEASS custom Rom

drpsyko
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Unfortunately, that is the best way to do it. There is no other way other than that except for the external antenna. I didn't do it because it is so ugly. After cutting out the battery door, I've put my previously used gelaskin to cover up the battery. It blends well with the mods. Too bad the skin got peeled out accidentally, and I've lost it forever. :'(
Now I seldom use it except when I have my casemate tough with me or going out for long trips. Will upload the pic if you insist, but it is just the same as the previous post with gelaskin on it.

Tags
battery, desire hd, evo 3d, inspire 4g, sensation