Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TF101 - unlockable, can I back up???

Tip us?

tsman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default TF101 - unlockable, can I back up???

Hello everyone.
Here is my predicament. My daughter has a TF101 that is OEM with no root/ROM etc. The tablet has been offline for a few months now. We attempted to bring the tablet online last night and of course we forgot the unlock code. The "forgot password" option with her gmail account will not unlock the system as the wireless we had is changed out and the tablet can not contact the google servers.

Can anyone help with a way to unlock the system. Or a way to backup the tablet so I can reload.

Thank you
Tony

Thing O Doom
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 722

DONATE TO ME
Excuse me, but I don't quite understand what you mean. Do you need access to your internet router? or google account? if it's your router you can look it up on any computer connected to it, or reset the router (hold reset button for 15seconds) and set a new password. If it's google then try recovering the password on a physical computer.
Is a B3ast?
NvFlash for B70+ Devices - Windows/Linux
PERI: A one-click Root and Recovery installer for .27 or less -- by me
The General ASUS Transformer tf101 Help Thread -- Ask Here

Device -- Asus Transformer TF101
Currently crack flashing...
KAT Kernel
Device -- Nexus 7
ReVOLT with TWRP
Franco kernel
--
If you need my help in a topic I have replied too but forgotten about, please quote my post and I will see it. Thanks for patience, I'm very busy c:

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsman View Post
Hello everyone.
Here is my predicament. My daughter has a TF101 that is OEM with no root/ROM etc. The tablet has been offline for a few months now. We attempted to bring the tablet online last night and of course we forgot the unlock code. The "forgot password" option with her gmail account will not unlock the system as the wireless we had is changed out and the tablet can not contact the google servers.

Can anyone help with a way to unlock the system. Or a way to backup the tablet so I can reload.

Thank you
Tony
Try this, just follow the instructions posted
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reenlockbypass

tsman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing O Doom View Post
Excuse me, but I don't quite understand what you mean. Do you need access to your internet router? or google account? if it's your router you can look it up on any computer connected to it, or reset the router (hold reset button for 15seconds) and set a new password. If it's google then try recovering the password on a physical computer.
OK. let me see id I can explain this another way. All I get on the logon screen of the transformer is to reset using your gmail account. The tablet is unable to reset as we type the gmail account and password with no results.

Any help would be great.
Tony

tsman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
Try this, just follow the instructions posted
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...reenlockbypass
I am unable to log onto the system therefore unable to install any apps from market.
Any other thoughts.
Tony

baseballfanz
Old
(Last edited by baseballfanz; 29th April 2012 at 01:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1709
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsman View Post
I am unable to log onto the system therefore unable to install any apps from market.
Any other thoughts.
Tony
Can you access the Play Store from a PC? This method require you use a PC.
You can install app to your tf from your PC, just log into the Play Store with the same google account as your tf.
Find the app, click install, choose the device and it will auto install to your device. After this app installed, choose another app, any app and do the same. If it work your lock screen will be bypass. Backup your stuffs, do a factory reset to get rid of the lock code

headbangerkorn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
From what I'm reading he can't unlock the tablet due to too many attempts. He also can't unlock it with the google account because it can't access his wireless router. That would also make him unable to install the app to bypass the screenlock. I'm not sure if there is any other way to get around it. unless you take the tablet to somewhere else that you had used wifi and hope they haven't also changed their wireless. Other than that a factory wipe is all I can think of.

gee one
Old
Thanks Meter 561
Can you just set the SSID and password on the wifi router to a known good value that the TF is looking for? In other words, make your current wifi mimic the old one?

ADB might be a option too, although I bet that is a slim chance.
HTC Dream
HTC Vision
ASUS Transformer

If you found this post helpful, please consider a donation to charity:
World Vision
International Red Cross
Wikipedia
International Justice Mission
or pick your own

The Following User Says Thank You to gee one For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]