Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to tell if you have a partition?

Tip us?

mexm
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to tell if you have a partition?

I have TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 v3.8.1 installed. In the CWM menu I created a partition of 1gb 0mb swap. But if I connect my phone to my pc it doesn't show 2 drives?

Also I just did a clean install of TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 v3.8.1 and A2SD+ doesn't seem to be installed (when I look in terminal with the command "a2sd check" or "a2sd cachesd".

What's happening?

pranaym1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexm View Post
I have TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 v3.8.1 installed. In the CWM menu I created a partition of 1gb 0mb swap. But if I connect my phone to my pc it doesn't show 2 drives?

Also I just did a clean install of TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 v3.8.1 and A2SD+ doesn't seem to be installed (when I look in terminal with the command "a2sd check" or "a2sd cachesd".

What's happening?
when you partition your SD card it doesn't show the partition separately. The actual size of your card will be reduced if you partitioned it correctly. For example if you have a 4gb card and you did a 512mb partition on it. The size of the card reduces to 3.21gb and the rest is your partition.

ovivo
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I use "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" to see and edit SD card partitions while phone is connected to the PC. I suppose any other partitioning tool will do.

pranaym1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovivo View Post
I use "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" to see and edit SD card partitions while phone is connected to the PC. I suppose any other partitioning tool will do.
you can even partition it in clockwork recovery mod as well it is easy. do not partition more than 1024mb

whiteyaksa
Old
Thanks Meter 16
You didn't install a driver in you computer.