Ask a question

No registration required

How to tell if you have a partition?

OP mexm

26th April 2012, 11:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 v3.8.1 installed. In the CWM menu I created a partition of 1gb 0mb swap. But if I connect my phone to my pc it doesn't show 2 drives?

Also I just did a clean install of TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 v3.8.1 and A2SD+ doesn't seem to be installed (when I look in terminal with the command "a2sd check" or "a2sd cachesd".

What's happening?
26th April 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexm

I have TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 v3.8.1 installed. In the CWM menu I created a partition of 1gb 0mb swap. But if I connect my phone to my pc it doesn't show 2 drives?

Also I just did a clean install of TyphooN CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1 v3.8.1 and A2SD+ doesn't seem to be installed (when I look in terminal with the command "a2sd check" or "a2sd cachesd".

What's happening?

when you partition your SD card it doesn't show the partition separately. The actual size of your card will be reduced if you partitioned it correctly. For example if you have a 4gb card and you did a 512mb partition on it. The size of the card reduces to 3.21gb and the rest is your partition.
26th April 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
More
I use "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" to see and edit SD card partitions while phone is connected to the PC. I suppose any other partitioning tool will do.
27th April 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovivo

I use "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" to see and edit SD card partitions while phone is connected to the PC. I suppose any other partitioning tool will do.

you can even partition it in clockwork recovery mod as well it is easy. do not partition more than 1024mb
29th April 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 16

24 posts
More
You didn't install a driver in you computer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread