Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

LG P990 - slower and slower.

OP Agustus

26th April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #21  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by wals46

I have stock V20Q with a Flix123 performance pack, no custom kernel no custom rom, and am very stisfied (smooth, efficient, no bugs).
I tested all the roms available in XDA dev (CM7, CM9 and custom stock) but no one is stable and full functions like the 20Q one. If you start with these roms and have probles is better that you give up.
You may update your rom and baseband using LG Mobile in your country.
In order to have better efficiency, I also freezed in Titanium backup some unused system applications (kit auto, google talk, f-secure antivirus, Email, backup, LG PC suite); no antivirus installed, installed only the used applications and not the nice to have ones, no application killer (android take care of freeing ram).

I second this !!!!
26th April 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 113

420 posts
More
This is a bug that affects gingerbread stock roms, it is called memory-leak...there is a certain process in background that wastes all the free ram we have in the phone, so after some time (tipically 12-24h) our phone begins to slow down. It will be pretty unusable, you have to restart the phone.

Froyo roms don't have this bug. After 50h of runtime my phone is still quick and smooth. Try nostalgia by topogigi.

Or try cm7, but is a battery-hungry rom.

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2
26th April 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #23  
Flag Szentendre
Thanks Meter: 71

469 posts
More
That's right, I remember after hours of usage I could only free up 40-60mb's of free RAM (I used task killer back then).

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App
27th April 2012, 01:23 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 11

558 posts
I froze a load of apps and deleted some also today as noticed my ram in running applications was crazy.

Has made a little improvement.

Would still like it alot faster and smoother.

I did the V6 thing but was really unsure as to what the best selection and choices were so pretty much just guessed.
27th April 2012, 02:08 PM   |  #25  
Flag Szentendre
Thanks Meter: 71

469 posts
More
512HP UnLedded

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App
27th April 2012, 02:43 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 7

231 posts
More
I no longer use any optimisation. Or ram boosteer think the hard reset and only using apps i need works well
Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
27th April 2012, 03:49 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 193

523 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markop90

This is a bug that affects gingerbread stock roms, it is called memory-leak...there is a certain process in background that wastes all the free ram we have in the phone, so after some time (tipically 12-24h) our phone begins to slow down. It will be pretty unusable, you have to restart the phone.

Froyo roms don't have this bug. After 50h of runtime my phone is still quick and smooth. Try nostalgia by topogigi.

Or try cm7, but is a battery-hungry rom.

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

I don't know why but I never power off my stock 20Q and don't have any problem at all. Sometimes I test some new custom rom/kernel but then come back to that.
29th April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #28  
Flag Seinšjoki
Thanks Meter: 6

78 posts
More
Hello there!
When i bought my phone and started to "regulate" With roms. I installed Super manager, gave root access to it from option and put auto memory cleaner on and i have had no issue with memory loss since then!
Don't need anything else about tweaking your memory.
It's also for root management and APK access and lot more!

I recommend it for everyone who want to keep everything in control

!Warning!
It may damage your phone if used improperly!
Last edited by F4113n; 29th April 2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Warning!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread