OP hakin

28th April 2012, 06:43 PM   |  #11  
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
More
Few things to try:

Update RSD Lite to 5.6 here, it's the one I always use on my MS2

Make sure you are using the Brazilian Retail 2.3.6 SBF from here( direct link ), download it again just to be sure

Extract it using 7-zip (or WinRAR or anything else, although I think 7-zip is more reliable... personal opinion)

Just turn the phone on the "Bootloader" screen (the black screen with some white text on it) nad flash the SBF again using RSDLite.

IF you are still stuck on the red M logo, where it is throwing some "sonic waves" around (bootanimation screen), and RSD Lite is telling you to "Please manually power up this phone." even after many minutes, you need to turn off your phone (remove the battery) and turn it on again but this time holding the X button, you should see the "exclamation mark" screen (if not, try again) in which you can press @ (multiple times if needed) until you get to a "Android system recovery" screen, now using the volume down key go to "wipe data/factory reset", confirm using the power button, after a while it finishes and then "reboot system now"

After this, wait until you get to "Bem-vindo(a) ao MOTOBLUR" white screen and you're good to go!

Let us know how it goes!
Last edited by paulofoca; 28th April 2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: more stuff added
The Following User Says Thank You to paulofoca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofoca

Few things to try:

Update RSD Lite to 5.6 here, it's the one I always use on my MS2

Make sure you are using the Brazilian Retail 2.3.6 SBF from here( direct link ), download it again just to be sure

Extract it using 7-zip (or WinRAR or anything else, although I think 7-zip is more reliable... personal opinion)

Just turn the phone on the "Bootloader" screen (the black screen with some white text on it) nad flash the SBF again using RSDLite.

IF you are still stuck on the red M logo, where it is throwing some "sonic waves" around (bootanimation screen), and RSD Lite is telling you to "Please manually power up this phone." even after many minutes, you need to turn off your phone (remove the battery) and turn it on again but this time holding the X button, you should see the "exclamation mark" screen (if not, try again) in which you can press @ (multiple times if needed) until you get to a "Android system recovery" screen, now using the volume down key go to "wipe data/factory reset", confirm using the power button, after a while it finishes and then "reboot system now"

After this, wait until you get to "Bem-vindo(a) ao MOTOBLUR" white screen and you're good to go!

Let us know how it goes!

Yes and no :P

To this bootloader you need :

Sorry , my english is stupid :P
29th April 2012, 11:25 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Hi,

Had the same issue and resolved it to a point on this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post25450062

One thing make sure your battery is charged as if not the the side light will be on but you will get no further and it wont charge through the charge cable you will need a separate battery charger.

Also you may not see the boot loader message but it RSD Lite sees your phone then you have a good chance of flashing it.
29th April 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Flag Araraquara - SP

12 posts
More
Friends, first thanks for all information.

I tried all the tips offered here and I haven't well succeeded yet.

I recorded a video and put it on youtube so you can see more clearly what happens when I try to use the RDS on my phone.

The video is here (please forgive me for my bad English):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GK_0mWc0VU

Thanks again!
Last edited by hakin; 29th April 2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Youtube link damaged
1st May 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #15  
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
More
Just watched your video, and in fact it really seems something related to the bootloader... I mean, even after flashing a retail SBF the phone just won't leave the very first boot screen (with the static red M logo)...

Anyway, the main difference between our phones is that my bootloader is still on 70.12 version, but I could not find it anywhere, only 70.13, so maybe you could try flashing the 70.13 version again?? I have attached the zip file on this post with the sbf file for it, but please have in mind that I never flashed it myself
Last edited by paulofoca; 1st May 2012 at 05:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to paulofoca For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st May 2012, 08:30 AM   |  #16  
New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 66

490 posts
More
Wipe data from Android stock recovery after flashing the firmware that you were on (I suppose it would be some GB stock ROM) and you should be good to go.

You can't get your data back.
1st May 2012, 08:34 PM   |  #17  
Flag Araras - SP
Thanks Meter: 17

191 posts
More
If the bottoloader method shown deson't work:

Power the phone while holding 'volume -' and the camera shutter button. It'll open bootloader mode. Now just connect your phone to the pc and flash using the latest version of rsd lite.
2nd May 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 25

297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilarora911

Wipe data from Android stock recovery after flashing the firmware that you were on (I suppose it would be some GB stock ROM) and you should be good to go.

You can't get your data back.

+1

Sent from my A953 using Tapatalk 2
2nd May 2012, 12:27 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member
Flag Araraquara - SP

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofoca

Just watched your video, and in fact it really seems something related to the bootloader... I mean, even after flashing a retail SBF the phone just won't leave the very first boot screen (with the static red M logo)...

Anyway, the main difference between our phones is that my bootloader is still on 70.12 version, but I could not find it anywhere, only 70.13, so maybe you could try flashing the 70.13 version again?? I have attached the zip file on this post with the sbf file for it, but please have in mind that I never flashed it myself

I've tried with this version, without sucess...

So, I try to pull off my chip and my memory card, and: WORKS.

I think the bootloader 70.13 doesn't accept 8Gb memory cards (I've tested my card in another phone and it works and in my phone just works less than 4Gb memory cards).

Now I have another problem: My status bar disapear few moments after turns my phone on (I've tested the Rom 2.3.6 from Tim and Retail, and tested the Super Status Bar, all with the same error). But this is for a new threat...

Thanks everybody!

Sent from my A953 using XDA
22nd March 2013, 07:50 PM   |  #20  
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 12

51 posts
More
Another .sbf
The procedure paulofoca provided worked with my uncle's Milestone 2, but the .sbf file is from sbf.droid-devs.org (the bigger one of the two British retail .sbf files).

I can not give you a link for being a new user of this forum.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, miui
Previous Thread Next Thread