Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need to unroot for Sprint tech support

Tip us?

Bhouse22
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need to unroot for Sprint tech support

Hey all,

So my HTC Shift has been experiencing problems such as the screen not working and the power button sticking and I've decided it is finally time to take it in to Sprint and have them fix it. But I am worried that due to me rooting the phone and installing a custom rom they will refuse to fix it.

Previously I had rooted my phone and installed Cyanogen 7(with Clockwork Recovery Mod) on my phone. But last night I reverted back to a backup rom img(one that I made prior to switching to a custom rom) via Clockwork and I then performed a factory reset. It doesn't look like I have super user access from the adb shell anymore and the phone boots up into the stock img I had prior to switching.

So am I good to go on taking it to the Sprint store or do I need to do anything else such as replace Clockwork with the stock recovery?

Thanks for any help!

YoungCorruptionV2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Always unroot before taking it to sprint. I'd run an ruu if I were you

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
Young Corruption's Music is BACK!!!
NEW
Take me away Song ends at 3:05. It will never cut where i want it to O.o makes the songs freaky because of that

Break Free

Oldish
True Story <-- did it more like an Alter-Ego type of song

Better Than Beyond(Cypher)<--- just submitted

Going Ham Featuring Gibbsy

I don't always ask for a THANKS, but when I do, I ask you to only hit it when I've helped you

Bhouse22
Old
(Last edited by Bhouse22; 29th April 2012 at 06:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCorruptionV2.0 View Post
Always unroot before taking it to sprint.
How can I tell for sure if it is unrooted? The only ways I know how to check are to try and use the su command on the adb shell or in the terminal app.

Sorry, I am still rather new to all of this.

YoungCorruptionV2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 559
Boot into bootloader and see if it says s-on or s-off. S-off means your rooted and s-on means your not rooted

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2
Young Corruption's Music is BACK!!!
NEW
Take me away Song ends at 3:05. It will never cut where i want it to O.o makes the songs freaky because of that

Break Free

Oldish
True Story <-- did it more like an Alter-Ego type of song

Better Than Beyond(Cypher)<--- just submitted

Going Ham Featuring Gibbsy

I don't always ask for a THANKS, but when I do, I ask you to only hit it when I've helped you
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to YoungCorruptionV2.0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]