Tip us?

morganlowe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazer77710 View Post
Thanks a lot for your response again!
I don't plan on installing too much on the Shift. I just want to be able to use Windows 7 and the phone part on the HTC Shift.

I was also wondering how it would be possible to do that...
How would you use Windows 7 and Windows Mobile on another SDD without the Stock HDD?

Is there a download for windows mobile? Do you have to buy a CD? Would you have to partition your SDD?
The WinMo part has its own processor, ram and rom. No worries there as far as I understand. I will find out when I get back in town.

Spazer77710
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Haha, That's awesome!!! Thanks again man. Oh, should I use the metal plated Compact Flash Card to 1.8" SSD adapter or the non metal plated one? Do you think 2 bucks is worth it?

morganlowe
Old
(Last edited by morganlowe; 29th April 2012 at 02:08 AM.) Reason: Fixing links, moved to my site.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Haha, That's awesome!!! Thanks again man. Oh, should I use the metal plated Compact Flash Card to 1.8" SSD adapter or the non metal plated one? Do you think 2 bucks is worth it?
Hmm I dont know how thick they are. Stock you only have 5mm to work with, so without covers might work better. Anyway you do it it may take some modding.

You might have to stuff a computer in a 11"x7"x9" box meant to hold an old voltmeter.

Or maybe you cant even find the case, but you got plywood! [This on is my proxy server]

Maybe you have an overheating issue? Drill some huge holes in your Lian Li case and apply water!

Just stay out of the way in the garage...

Maybe you need GPS in your Toughbook?

Or drill holes in your new Acer Netbook because the reception is bad on wifi...

Add a bigger antenna!

Anyways, dig in, take pictures, enjoy it! I love promoting modding!

Spazer77710
Old
(Last edited by Spazer77710; 29th April 2012 at 03:04 AM.) Reason: This word was needed. I also forgot it wasn't HSDPA+ it was HSDPA
Thanks Meter 0
=ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Intense.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Oh, by the way. I heard that you can get HSDPA On the Shift. Also, with Windows 7, would the HSDPA Still work? Or would you have to stay on Vista?

HSDPA. Not HSDPA+ =D

Also, would it be possible to get android on the windows mobile side? Would everything work too? Or not really.

morganlowe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
=ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Intense.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Oh, by the way. I heard that you can get HSDPA On the Shift. Also, with Windows 7, would the HSDPA Still work? Or would you have to stay on Vista?

HSDPA. Not HSDPA+ =D
It works in windows 7 once you get the drivers... I was thinking about getting some prepaid web for mine since I have Verizon.

Spazer77710
Old
(Last edited by Spazer77710; 29th April 2012 at 04:44 AM.) Reason: =O
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks again! I appreciate you dealing with all of my questions.

=O! I found this adapter. Does this look like a good deal? And most of all, will it work? - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compact-Flas...item4aa8aada73

morganlowe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Hmm, I got that added to my watch list. Nice find!

Spazer77710
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just ordered 2 of those adapters. Also, I was wondering if there was a way to get anything else besides windows mobile on the windows mobile part of the HTC Shift.

How about Touch Flo 3D? Is that possible?
Well, anything else besides windows mobile that works? (HSDPA, Wifi, Calls, MMS, etc)

Spazer77710
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Also, do you think its possible to get wifi working on ubuntu?

morganlowe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Also, do you think its possible to get wifi working on ubuntu?
haha Well, Wifi should work fine in ubuntu once I sort it all out. Thats going to be a long tutorial. As far as all the extra winmo stuff, I dont think so, not enough space for it. Only have 128mb to work with and 64mb of ram.