Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

[Q] HTC Inspire 4G - rooting help please!

OP blydude

29th March 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
The phone was shipped with Froyo, and I just restored it back to that.

I had ICS 4.0.3 flashed, but the unlock was not compatible with it and I got a nice little message from AT&T about that. They haven't started charging me yet, but I would like to do something about it before they do.

So can ICS be unlocked at all? Or what is the most recent firmware that can be unlocked?
29th March 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 455

1,187 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blydude

I had ICS 4.0.3 flashed, but the unlock was not compatible with it and I got a nice little message from AT&T about that. They haven't started charging me yet, but I would like to do something about it before they do.

Don't understand what you mean here. How is an unlock uncompatible ?Charging you for what exactly?

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA
29th March 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

18 posts
More
I got a text from ATT this morning saying "Congratulations on your 4G smartphone! 4G data and message rates may apply." I checked online and it was still on my 200 MB iPhone plan, so hopefully it stays that way. My bad, just wanted to make sure it was unlocked.

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA
29th March 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 455

1,187 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not sure why you would want to unlock an att phone to use on att.people unlock it to use on other carriers like say T-Mobile.

As to the text,since the inspire is an att phone they will recognize it and will change your data plan accordingly. There really isn't a way around that. I don't remember their being a 200mb iPhone plan but its been a while. But it might be as easy as giving them a call and switching it over and keeping the same plane just named differently.

29th March 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 60

84 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blydude

I got a text from ATT this morning saying "Congratulations on your 4G smartphone! 4G data and message rates may apply." I checked online and it was still on my 200 MB iPhone plan, so hopefully it stays that way. My bad, just wanted to make sure it was unlocked.

Welcome to someone who has ATT and is just recalling his experience with it:
1) You can change your data plan up till the end of the billing cycle for that SAME cycle.
2) 200mb is the minimum data plan and you have to (in theory) be on a data plan to have a smartphone on their network.

Moving on to non-ATT stuff
3) You may want to do a little bit of reading and understand the difference between root and unlock.
4) I'll be nice and link a thread with that insight: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1076720
5) ... >.<
30th March 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

18 posts
More
I got it working with my 200MB data plan and running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. Thanks for all the help!

29th April 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 25

752 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsdta

Just wanted to say thank you for your Ace Hack Kit, very easy to do if you read it several times like your instructed to do...

Once again thank you for your work, a donation will be for coming once i get some extra fund....
31st August 2012, 01:25 PM   |  #18  

3 posts
inspire4g
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzz86

General premise is that you'll need to S-OFF (remove HTC NAND security), then root.

Removing the NAND is usually handled by an XTC Clip (hardware) or Revolutionary (software) method. Some others do exist, just look for the 'S-OFF' thread in the Inspire section to get you started.

Once that's complete, use either the rootkit mentioned above, or something like SuperOneClick to obtain actual root.

Good luck!

I want to root my inspire 4g and i dont find anything hetr or in youtube. I need a program to root that att1 treath is close,i nees help plz take me to the rigth place to root my phone.
31st August 2012, 03:04 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 1,212

3,276 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicario9

I want to root my inspire 4g and i dont find anything hetr or in youtube. I need a program to root that att1 treath is close,i nees help plz take me to the rigth place to root my phone.

Use the guide in my signature...it points you to attn1's site.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread