Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Focus S Headphones Controller Not Working

Tip us?

OrsoBear
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have only volume up on all type of press button.

Klocker2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
anyone hear if this is going to be addressed or if it has been acknowledged?

thanks

Ikkari
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I have the same problem with my Focus S. The volume buttons are working fine, the problem occurs only with the play / pause button.

If you want to play / pause you have to hold the button longer than just the usual
short click. If you know the trick it works most of the time for play / pause, switching songs with a double click is almost impossible and very hard to time.

I tried it with the original headset from my Focus S and with the Nokia purity all have the same problems.
I also tried the all headsets with my Lumia 800 and a Omnia W all working fine.

It seems to be a Focus S only problem, not sure if it is hardware or software related.

I'm on 8107 using 2103.11.10.1 Firmware would a hard reset solve the problem??

aeppacher
Old
Thanks Meter 688
Default firmware issue

I have experienced all of these problems above and here are a few tips/fixes and ideas. First with the headset controller on the ear buds, I noticed if you press harder it picks it up easier. If you get it down just right you can time it for going forward and backwards. Still not a real fix. Its definitely the phone because it works on my focus, iPhone, and mac. Also, I think it may be firmware related because the popping occurs between songs for the aux cable in the car only when audio isn't playing, so I would assume it had something to do with the firmware, not the hardware. It distinctly gets quieter when music plays, even if the music is silent (just knowing something is playing is enough for it to shut up). Also I noticed that when I plug in my phone for battery, it connects, disconnects and then reconnects. I noticed this with the vibration (should only be once, actually is 2-3 times). And when battery is low you notice because you plug in, it disconnects and you get a notice of critically low battery, and then it connects. I think this may be the firmware that all the ports seem to turn on and off whenever given any form of stimulus (data or power sent through them).

waswaser
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
The phone rocks The phone rocks

Ikkari
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Tango and the new Samsung Firmware fixed this issue!!!
Now i can listen to my music how it is meant to be!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Ikkari For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zurvv
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i got tango, but no new firmware. Which update updated the firmware?

Ikkari
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I got Tango, but I had to hard reset my Focus S to get the Firmwareupdate.

Maybe because I InterOP unlocked my Focus S, I'm not sure why it worked after a Hard Reset.

My Software is now:

Firmware: 2103.12.05.2

dazza9075
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
yes but didnt the LE2 software update disable your ability to interop unlock your device?

if we can get the phone accept our own signed cabs we can extract the driver updates, fixes and patches and ignore the diagnostic tool updates that disable our interop unlock method.
in short make a backup BEFORE applying any samsung OEM updates, when you need to interop unlock again, you can revert to your pre OEM update, apply the interop unlock again, then re apply the OEM update. from what i gather you are best doing this every time you have an OS update as there have been issues with restoring backups that cross OS versions...

Oh course you lose any unbacked up txts etc, but i think the benifit outweighs the hassle.

aeppacher
Old
Thanks Meter 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkari View Post
Tango and the new Samsung Firmware fixed this issue!!!
Now i can listen to my music how it is meant to be!!!

I got the firmware update, but it didn't fix my headphone issues. It is still incredibly unresponsive, and the annoying clicking that is head better via aux cable is still present. Anyone have the same issue?