Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,320 Members 38,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best stock and custom ROM

Tip us?

Arya_3RDNumber
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr@x View Post
Go back to 31-12-11 release of edowar or bumblebee of yashwant and calibrate it.
.35 kernel will not last as much as .32 (for us)
But,, .35 kernel has good performance than .32 kernel right?

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using Tapatalk 2

cheezzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 37
*Quoting whyzee:*

the word "best" is subjective.

This is my perspective of it:
If you want.
Everything working + stock performance/batterylife > Maclite
performance + good battery life + decent theme support > CM7
awesome customization/looks + decent battery life/performance > MIUI
CM7 features w/o themes + unique UI > lewa ui2.0 30.03 version
CM7 features + better themes and ui + good gaming performance > mokee (my current rom )

there's still an old favorite - andro-id RC2. which was one of the best custom rom before CM7 and MIUI came along....

flash whichever you think you might like or everything and decide for yourself.... have a blast!

*end quote*

Generally that's the overview, but getting down to further details, I'm looking for one that doesnt randomly reboot often, has no incoming call volume issues, no unknown network operators and whatever little bugs that could hinder daily use.

i dont bother about performance esp in gaming, after all, if i really wanted a gaming device i wouldve gotten an s2 or One X. so anyone can suggest what's good?

my only weakness is im a sucker for themes thats why i tend to favour MIUI despite most of the roms still with bugs here and there. also MIUI's toggles and customization are really handy. but, if there is a rom stable enough, i would give this up for it.

ezio2
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Lightbulb best rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourpappa View Post
Hi,

I had been away for a while and now there are a ton of custom ROMs available for this phone. Can anybody tell me the best ROM out there for everyday use. Pros and Cons would be appreciated so that it helps other people also.
i hv tried many roms The most stable , useful & worthy rom is Bumblebee by Yashwant.....
The Following User Says Thank You to ezio2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cheezzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio2 View Post
i hv tried many roms The most stable , useful & worthy rom is Bumblebee by Yashwant.....
how stable? I know of users who complain of low incoming call volume issue..

whyzee
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio2 View Post
I think your are referring to the stock ROM :P. I suggest you also try MAC lite or dragon with new drivers from nayeshdev

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using XDA
peace,
whyzee

yourpappa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Okay people lets get started about governers and io schedulers.
Whats your favorite?

I use smartassv2 but I havent tried any other governer. I think i appointed sio as my scheduler after reading on the net that its both stable and good performance wise.

whyzee
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Mine is interactiveX and noop

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using XDA
peace,
whyzee
The Following User Says Thank You to whyzee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cheezzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 37
default: interactive min 245 max 1024 but usually max at 1.5

screen off: smartassv2 min 245 max 468

governor is noop/sio, currrently sio
The Following User Says Thank You to cheezzzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yourpappa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Hey elol's ICS_CODENAME has been released with working camera. So could people who have used the ROM paste a review about performance, battery etc.

Haree did complain of battery drain, others are free to post their views here.

haree
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourpappa View Post
Hey elol's ICS_CODENAME has been released with working camera. So could people who have used the ROM paste a review about performance, battery etc.

Haree did complain of battery drain, others are free to post their views here.
hi
one funny thing happen to me after i used ICS codename and felt the battery drain i used SUTL and flash back to Stock rom 18B and i used to have the screen lag but now suddenly dont have it

ICS codename is realy great lot of customization and realy enjoyed the rom if it did not have the battery drain i might have kept it as my daily use rom
Thanks,
Hari

Samsung Galaxy Grand 16GB with wife
Samsung GalaxyNote 10.1" N8000 32GB SD
Lenovo P780 8GB version 32GB SD

When Rajnikanth enters a room, he doesn't turn the lights on,......... he turns the dark off.