Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone going to Purchase the HTC One S?

Tip us?

jzero88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 147
Default Anyone going to Purchase the HTC One S?

I'm thinking of getting the HTC One S when tmobile starts to sell it this month. It looks like a great phone and has all the features I want. Was wondering if anyone else is thinking of getting it.
Phone: GALAXY NEXUS
Rom: CM9 All the Way

junglerumble
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Its nothing compared to the one s though. Better of waiting for the s3 since you'll be using it for two years.

Dougfresh
Old
Thanks Meter 1368
There's nothing wrong with my vib oozing iced butter and bacon right now.I recommend waiting 4 more months and get the G3 or if tmo could get the htc one X that would be a consideration

papi5120
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougfresh View Post
There's nothing wrong with my vib oozing iced butter and bacon right now.I recommend waiting 4 more months and get the G3 or if tmo could get the htc one X that would be a consideration
I beleive that the X is going to at&t while tmobile gets the S...either way im getting one

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
HTC G1 - dead
MOTOROLA Clik - destroyed
SAMSUNG Galaxy S Vibrant - given to brother
HTC One S - sold
SAMSUNG Galaxy S3 - sold
GOOGLE / LG Nexus 4 - in my pants

suchavibrantthang
Old
Thanks Meter 66
i'll probably get one. benchmarks show the S4 dualcore outdoes the T3 quadcore chip. no need to wait around for a One X. By that time, the SGS3 should be out.
VZW SGSIII 4.4.2 stock rooted
Nexus 7 cm11

guacamoly
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm actually still waiting for a device for tmobile with a true hd display.. similar to that of the current galaxy nexus. From what I understand the oneX has one but I'm not aware of any plans for it coming over to tmobile. Also personally, I'm not a fan of how the camera protrudes out the back of many htc phones.
Even though I'm quite satisfied with my vibrant running ics passion (occasional gps issues aside).. I've started to notice the lack of power while browsing and the occasional lags more and more. I used my friends galaxyS2 (att) the other day and was blown away at the speed and was left wanting more out of my phone.

I get a sense that tmobile is really dragging their heels in getting better devices. If I didn't have a serious dislike of being on mobile contracts I probably would have jumped ship already. I can live without true 4g.. fake 4g (hspa+) seems plenty fast to me... even my 3g vibrant is probably good enough for what I use the phone for.

I don't know.. just babbling...
and hoping tmobile steps up their game and offers some nicer devices.

accordex
Old
(Last edited by accordex; 12th April 2012 at 01:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 37
All I want is a phone with a 4.7 HD screen, removable batt and micro sd, seems to be hard to find...nothing around the corner, still on the vibrant, nothing in sight so far...Sprint's EVO One (ONE X sprint style) looks great, but it's sprint and their data speeds are crap and no one has them so you use up anytime minutes quick...

There's a few phones I keep seeing, like LG and couple of others, but for some reason the US can't get **** for phones, like the rest of the world does, or if they do it's on att or verizon, and no, I don't want to pay 150/month for my cell phone..

jnusz
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I want a phone with about a 4.3" screen, flash on the camera, removable battery, and Micro SD. Preferably with that new S4 snapdragon... that things appears to be a beast. But I'm looking for a phone that devs are going to get behind. After having been in the Vibrant community, it'd be really hard to live with a phone that didn't have good dev support. I would honestly be really happy with my wife's HTC Amaze 4g if the dev support was more like the Vibrant. That phone is a beast and I can only imagine how smooth it would run with a good rom like CM9 on it. (but it's my wife's so it's staying stock LOL)

CatThief
Old
Thanks Meter 23
The non-removable battery and no Micro SD is a deal breaker for me. I'm also surprised to see only 16Gb of internal storage in any new phone, especially this one.

I need a phone that blows my socks off the same way my Vibrant did after it was rooted and customized. If there are any regrets I'll be seriously disappointed.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

alpha-niner64
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I just want a phone whose GPS works reliably and a good DAC. I mainly use my phone for those two things. I was hoping HTC would've nailed a good DAC (as I'm aware that HTC has the best GPS rigs), but it just wasn't meant to be.