Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

Anyone going to Purchase the HTC One S?

OP jzero88

10th April 2012, 06:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 152

1,137 posts
More
I'm thinking of getting the HTC One S when tmobile starts to sell it this month. It looks like a great phone and has all the features I want. Was wondering if anyone else is thinking of getting it.
10th April 2012, 07:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 38

330 posts
Its nothing compared to the one s though. Better of waiting for the s3 since you'll be using it for two years.
10th April 2012, 08:52 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 1,368

1,623 posts
More
There's nothing wrong with my vib oozing iced butter and bacon right now.I recommend waiting 4 more months and get the G3 or if tmo could get the htc one X that would be a consideration
10th April 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #4  
Flag central islip, NY
Thanks Meter: 95

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougfresh

There's nothing wrong with my vib oozing iced butter and bacon right now.I recommend waiting 4 more months and get the G3 or if tmo could get the htc one X that would be a consideration

I beleive that the X is going to at&t while tmobile gets the S...either way im getting one

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium
10th April 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 66

405 posts
i'll probably get one. benchmarks show the S4 dualcore outdoes the T3 quadcore chip. no need to wait around for a One X. By that time, the SGS3 should be out.
11th April 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
More
I'm actually still waiting for a device for tmobile with a true hd display.. similar to that of the current galaxy nexus. From what I understand the oneX has one but I'm not aware of any plans for it coming over to tmobile. Also personally, I'm not a fan of how the camera protrudes out the back of many htc phones.
Even though I'm quite satisfied with my vibrant running ics passion (occasional gps issues aside).. I've started to notice the lack of power while browsing and the occasional lags more and more. I used my friends galaxyS2 (att) the other day and was blown away at the speed and was left wanting more out of my phone.

I get a sense that tmobile is really dragging their heels in getting better devices. If I didn't have a serious dislike of being on mobile contracts I probably would have jumped ship already. I can live without true 4g.. fake 4g (hspa+) seems plenty fast to me... even my 3g vibrant is probably good enough for what I use the phone for.

I don't know.. just babbling...
and hoping tmobile steps up their game and offers some nicer devices.
12th April 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #7  
Kent
Thanks Meter: 37

543 posts
More
All I want is a phone with a 4.7 HD screen, removable batt and micro sd, seems to be hard to find...nothing around the corner, still on the vibrant, nothing in sight so far...Sprint's EVO One (ONE X sprint style) looks great, but it's sprint and their data speeds are crap and no one has them so you use up anytime minutes quick...

There's a few phones I keep seeing, like LG and couple of others, but for some reason the US can't get **** for phones, like the rest of the world does, or if they do it's on att or verizon, and no, I don't want to pay 150/month for my cell phone..
Last edited by accordex; 12th April 2012 at 01:19 AM.
12th April 2012, 01:09 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

75 posts
I want a phone with about a 4.3" screen, flash on the camera, removable battery, and Micro SD. Preferably with that new S4 snapdragon... that things appears to be a beast. But I'm looking for a phone that devs are going to get behind. After having been in the Vibrant community, it'd be really hard to live with a phone that didn't have good dev support. I would honestly be really happy with my wife's HTC Amaze 4g if the dev support was more like the Vibrant. That phone is a beast and I can only imagine how smooth it would run with a good rom like CM9 on it. (but it's my wife's so it's staying stock LOL)
29th April 2012, 09:37 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 23

98 posts
The non-removable battery and no Micro SD is a deal breaker for me. I'm also surprised to see only 16Gb of internal storage in any new phone, especially this one.

I need a phone that blows my socks off the same way my Vibrant did after it was rooted and customized. If there are any regrets I'll be seriously disappointed.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
30th April 2012, 06:58 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 73

409 posts
I just want a phone whose GPS works reliably and a good DAC. I mainly use my phone for those two things. I was hoping HTC would've nailed a good DAC (as I'm aware that HTC has the best GPS rigs), but it just wasn't meant to be.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread