29th April 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #131  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,684

3,329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D

I believe your issue was from using a T-Mobile SIM Card. You are supposed to use a NON T-Mobile SIM Card and punch the unlock code in the dialer..

STEP 6 of the OP:

You can now use the unlock code when you put in the non-T-Mobile sim into your phone and unlock your phone. You can check the unlock status by dialling *#7465625#. All the locks should say "OFF".

Correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #132  
Thanks Meter: 9

123 posts
I know the unlock is for non t mobile.. I ran the program to get the unlock code for future use. I shut down the phone, put t mobile Sim back in then started it up and it said pin blocked.. Does running prob then disable previous Sim?
It was the original Sim, then I put in my old Sim from old phone and it all worked minus connection from non activated Sim. I removed Sim and activated wifi as directed, just confused why I had to call customer service to activate my phone..

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
Last edited by mikhail777; 29th April 2012 at 11:18 PM.
29th April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #133  

3,329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhail777

I know the unlock is for non t mobile.. I ran the program to get the unlock code for future use. I shut down the phone, put t mobile Sim back in then started it up and it said pin blocked.. Does running prob then disable previous Sim?
It was the original Sim, then I put in my old Sim from old phone and it all worked minus connection from non activated Sim.

The thing is that this script doesn't actually modify any files on your phone. It'll work purely on your SD card.

The sim pin sounds like you enabled the option somehow. As I said before, this doesn't modify your phone like some apps in google play do. I don't want anyone's phone getting damaged, so I made this so that you can enter the code like you would if tmobile gave you the code.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 11:23 PM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 9

123 posts
Ok that's what I thought. :)so if I put in another provider Sim will a prompt come up or do I input code when I click emergency

29th April 2012, 11:24 PM   |  #135  

3,329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok that's what I thought. :)so if I put in another provider Sim will a prompt come up or do I input code when I click emergency

Yes, you HAVE to use another provider's sim for the unlock dialog to come up.
29th April 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #136  
Thanks Meter: 109

741 posts
More
Quote:

It was the original Sim, then I put in my old Sim from old phone and it all worked minus connection from non activated Sim. I removed Sim and activated wifi as directed, just confused why I had to call customer service to activate my phone..

I also preformed this unlock Mod for future use. I did it over a month ago and only used a Non T-Mobile SIM Card (AT&T) two weeks ago and had no issues. My phone is unlocked!

I'm still using my Tmobile Sim with no issues today. I only put the AT&T SIM in to see if the Mod worked.

Just an fyi.

Thank You FB!
2nd May 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #137  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Question Question???
I have a rooted, non active (not using T-Mobile anymore) Samsung T-Mobile Exhibit SGH-T759, that is locked to T-Mobile's network. I have AT&T now and my son lost his phone so I need to unlock this one. I tried to pay for an unlock code and they were unable to generate one for it. Everything I have read about this phone seems to point to Samsung Galaxy. I have even read that they a virtually the same phone. Would this SGS4G work to unlock my phone?
2nd May 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #138  

3,329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudydanielle

I have a rooted, non active (not using T-Mobile anymore) Samsung T-Mobile Exhibit SGH-T759, that is locked to T-Mobile's network. I have AT&T now and my son lost his phone so I need to unlock this one. I tried to pay for an unlock code and they were unable to generate one for it. Everything I have read about this phone seems to point to Samsung Galaxy. I have even read that they a virtually the same phone. Would this SGS4G work to unlock my phone?

This was made for the SGH-T959V and hasn't been tested on other models, so if it didn't work for you then it most likely won't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #139  

3,329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Who wants to test out the app version of this script?
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/08581x2vn75...ocker.apk?dl=1

It will do everything the script does but it's in app form!

It will take a few seconds for it to get your unlock code. I know, ugly interface, but all the functionality is there. I need testers to make sure everything is working correctly before I go through and start adding more to it.
10th May 2012, 01:15 AM   |  #140  
Thanks Meter: 49

114 posts
More
Just tried it out, and it worked - I pushed the .apk to /system/apps, started it up and hit the button, the row of lights at the bottom of the phone blinked several times, and then, voila, the code appeared. Put in another SIM, entered the code in, and it unlocked phone. I confirmed that the phone was unlocked after I put my T-mobile SIM back in.

The only thing is that my call logs and favorites were wiped out. I have no clue if this minor side effect is part of the unlocking process or is related to the app/script.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread