Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,700 Members 42,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony SmartWatch Impressions?

Tip us?

Tippfehler
Old
(Last edited by Tippfehler; 29th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Many thanks for the mail notification extension.
Is it possible, to have a widget for cleaning the mails, without going thru the liveware menus?
I'm looking forward, if this extension is working under ICS.
Huawei Ascend P7-L10, E-Ceros EC309, HTC Sensation (ViperS 5.2.0), SG S4 Mini, Asus TF300T

fourthw
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Great smartwatch apps Beowulf

Thank you very much beowulf, great apps. the smartwatch map is works great, one question on the mail notifier, i have a verizon galaxy nexus and am having trouble, i dont get any notifications, and i get the mailnotification app is not responding. do i need to change the protocol from imaps or the port from what it automatically is t 993? thanks for any assistance

Originally Posted by beowulf6
Hello. i again have developed a bit.

I am not sure if the mail notifier does work now for everyone.
For me it worked already before on my actual device and in the emulator.
But still i changed a bit what i have forgot in the mail library.
smartwatchmailnotifier.apk

and i have developed a GPS Map Application:
SmartwatchMap.apk

I was not able to use the google maps api inside of an smartwatch app so i needed to make it different.

it uses now openstreetmap.

It does not have an own icon at the moment.

If you do not enable gps on your phone it should use your network location which is not really exact.
It keeps your WatchScreen enabled and might eat much battery for your phone and watch.

Please remember: everything is still in beta. So sorry about bugs.

beowulf6
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthw View Post
Thank you very much beowulf, great apps. the smartwatch map is works great, one question on the mail notifier, i have a verizon galaxy nexus and am having trouble, i dont get any notifications, and i get the mailnotification app is not responding. do i need to change the protocol from imaps or the port from what it automatically is t 993? thanks for any assistance
Hi.

if it is not responding it is most likely some wrong with your setting.
You can find the correct Port for your mailserver on the webpage of your mailprovider most of the time.
993 is only the port for the imaps port of google mail.

if you set it to imap it will most likely be a different port.

If you have set the server in any mail application on your desktop PC you could get the correct settings from there maybe.

I also changed the GPS Map application for the Smartwatch.
It is using now Google Maps and i have set the refreshing even higher. I am not sure about the battery consumtion with that high refreshrate.
with a press on the screen of the smartwatch you can dim the screen.

The problem with google mail is the big copyright box at the bottom that is eating much space.

Google Maps version:
http://bytewiese.de/fileadmin/_media...tchMapGmap.apk

OpenStreetMap version:
http://bytewiese.de/fileadmin/_media...rtwatchMap.apk

You can not install both at the same time.

Maybe i should make a thread where all the apps for the Smartwatch can be found? I am not really sure if this is the right thread for the development of smartwatch apps.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beowulf6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fourthw
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Smile thank you again beuo, re: google maps app

I downloaded the google maps app and it works; however it shows no street names, while the prior app showed street names, just fyi. also, i configured the mailnotification app with imap correctly and port 993 but still receive no notification, i have 2 step authentication active, but even had google generate a specific password for the app, but still nothing, maybe there is something wrong with ics on galaxy nexus 2 since the gmail notifier in the playstore does work but only with subject line but no body.cheers

beowulf6
Old
(Last edited by beowulf6; 30th April 2012 at 01:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 99
Hi fourthw,

About the street names.. i fear google maps is not really optimized for such a low resolution. But it seems zooming out helped. You only need to reopen the app on the smartwatch and the new zoom should be active. I will see if i could make it zoomable from the app.

Am using a galaxy note with android ICS 4.0.4.

If you use google mail with 2 step verification you need to create a password for the app. Try to enter it with or without spaces. I fear though that the google mail imap implementation is a bit different because i wasnt able to see the bodytext either.

I am currently using the rss reader to get the google mail notifications where at least a part of the bodytext is readable. If you wish i could tell you how to use the rss reader for that.

//edit: have you enabled imap in google mail? http://support.google.com/mail/bin/a...n&answer=77695
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beowulf6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cruzzmz
Old
Thanks Meter 37
hope that you can do a notification app for whtasapp
The Master Chef who brought you

WM6.5 on Zinc

Zinc Kitchen
1st Ported Zinc Rom
19202 WM6.1 Zinc
19900 WM6.1 Zinc
----------------------------------------------------------
Cavalier Kitchen
1st Ported WM6.1 for Cavalier

Free Cook 4 All --- Let Em extract, Let Em Recooked

Samsung Galaxy S 2
HTC HD2 (Android NAND)
HTC Desire

Retired
Xda O2 Mini
O2 Zinc
HTC Touch Diamond
XPERIA X1
XPERIA X10

fourthw
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up beowulf: re google maps and mail notifier

Good morning, thank you for your kind replies. Google maps now shows the street names, but as you said it is very zoomed which is fine, so thank you! Re: mail notification, yes i did enable IMAP but still nothing,I also did give it a separate password through the google authentication thing online. i think it may be the app itself on my galaxy nexus running 4.0.2 since everytime i access the app on the phone it freezes and says mail notification is not responding, do you want to wait or cancel. I do have the rss feed and its working really well. I also was able to get at least the subject line in the gmail notifier app from google play (but no body of mail) by giving it its own password through authentication. cheers

[QUOTE=beowulf6;25476948]Hi fourthw,

About the street names.. i fear google maps is not really optimized for such a low resolution. But it seems zooming out helped. You only need to reopen the app on the smartwatch and the new zoom should be active. I will see if i could make it zoomable from the app.

Am using a galaxy note with android ICS 4.0.4.

If you use google mail with 2 step verification you need to create a password for the app. Try to enter it with or without spaces. I fear though that the google mail imap implementation is a bit different because i wasnt able to see the bodytext either.

I am currently using the rss reader to get the google mail notifications where at least a part of the bodytext is readable. If you wish i could tell you how to use the rss reader for that.

//edit: have you enabled imap in google mail?

morg01
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf6 View Post
Hello. i again have developed a bit.

I am not sure if the mail notifier does work now for everyone.
For me it worked already before on my actual device and in the emulator.
But still i changed a bit what i have forgot in the mail library.
smartwatchmailnotifier.apk

and i have developed a GPS Map Application:
SmartwatchMap.apk

I was not able to use the google maps api inside of an smartwatch app so i needed to make it different.

it uses now openstreetmap.

It does not have an own icon at the moment.

If you do not enable gps on your phone it should use your network location which is not really exact.
It keeps your WatchScreen enabled and might eat much battery for your phone and watch.

Please remember: everything is still in beta. So sorry about bugs.
@beowulf

thanks for the apps . . although the email notifier isn't even installing on my GS2, (I do have install apps from unknown sources checked)

edit: also how different is the official sony one and can it be made to work with sammy phones?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lvbi5tYWlsIl0.
Note 3 SM-N9005
SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC

- - - - If in doubt use google to seach the forum - - -

cruzzmz
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by morg01 View Post
@beowulf

thanks for the apps . . although the email notifier isn't even installing on my GS2, (I do have install apps from unknown sources checked)

edit: also how different is the official sony one and can it be made to work with sammy phones?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lvbi5tYWlsIl0.
i can get it to install on my GS2 ...
i am using ics btw

the official one doesnt support ICS
The Master Chef who brought you

WM6.5 on Zinc

Zinc Kitchen
1st Ported Zinc Rom
19202 WM6.1 Zinc
19900 WM6.1 Zinc
----------------------------------------------------------
Cavalier Kitchen
1st Ported WM6.1 for Cavalier

Free Cook 4 All --- Let Em extract, Let Em Recooked

Samsung Galaxy S 2
HTC HD2 (Android NAND)
HTC Desire

Retired
Xda O2 Mini
O2 Zinc
HTC Touch Diamond
XPERIA X1
XPERIA X10

morg01
Old
(Last edited by morg01; 30th April 2012 at 02:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzzmz View Post
i can get it to install on my GS2 ...
i am using ics btw

the official one doesnt support ICS

just tried again since you mentioned that . . . I had to turn off my watch before installing . . . . that did the trick

ref: official app, I think if you read the notes it mentions the default sony email app on sony phones .. .
Note 3 SM-N9005
SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC

- - - - If in doubt use google to seach the forum - - -