Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 43,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM7] Neutrino ROM V2.9 ¦ V3.00b1 [24/02]

Tip us?

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru11er View Post
lol, thanks for the help, jokersax was the first rom I put on my atrix.. I had an lgp500 with cm7 on it before.. so jokersax was quite nice..

i did my wipes and installed neutrino ee, it is at boot screen with "powered by neutrino, I think its working....

should I have done a factory wipe as well? is that considers the system wipe?

edit : wow crazy its up and running and all my apps are there... woo! thanks a lot

crap... i ran my ad away ad blocker and did the reboot after wards now when I slide to unlock it says "Sorry! the process android.process.media has stopped ".... any suggestions?
factory reset = data wipe. you don't need that if you came from another cm7 rom but is recommended if you came from an ics rom for example...

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Okay, I am going to throw it on my sd card with rom racers... why rom racers? can't I just use the reg. clock work mod recovery?? just a question as to what the difference is, and also all the addons is there any specific ones I will want, and sorry one more question, I can always download addons in the future and flash correct? Thanks for the response.

ps there are a lot of difference flavors .. and the rom racer thread says to use command lines... is that necessary, can't I just flash a rom from CWM recovery mod? thanks

I see, they are only color choices, thats all... got it.
2nd edit, okay so I can just flash it then, thanks but which color lol..
romracer is the most compatible recovery with this rom, others can cause some problems occasionly for some people , so you rather wanna use romracers it's pretty much alright anyway.
using internal memory is preferred over sd card, same reason...(though i never had any problems with sd card)

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1c47 View Post
Such as when going from CM9(jokersax's version or whoever) to CM7(neutrino) or viceversa.
yup

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault View Post
All those colored versions suck if you ask me. I like the stock one, so-to-say (default blue from CWM). Anyway, I don't use RomRacer, but TWRP

Yes, you can download addons and flash them afterwards. I flash everything in a row (ROM, kernel, Lite Gapps, ~10 addons, SuperSU replacement), THEN boot up the phone . Just make sure you flash something compatible...

Command lines? You mean the fastboot commands for wiping the phone? Well, that's RECCOMENDED, but not really NEEDED, like Erebus said. Wiping system, data, cache & dalvik cache should be enough . I never had to format anything else than those 4 partitions on my previous devices.
So, you can format those 4 partitions, and then flash any ROM / addon / kernel you wish, from inside Recovery.
twrp ****ed me over the only time i tried it.

the neutrino package wipes system so it's not necessary, and afaik flashing anything wipes dalvik cache so not necessary either, cache doesn't cause problems so not necessary either,
and only wipe data BEFORE installing the rom, do NOT do it AFTER installing.

and if you use any app that needs root, you better replace supersu with superuser because it can freeze pretty easilly and rebooting everytime that happens is tiring, especially when i wanted to browse some files and es file explorer as well as root explorer refused to start
you can do that by going into supersu, there is some option like delete it so you can install another SU app. press that, then delete supersu, then go into market donwload superuser, update binaries and you're done.
The Following User Says Thank You to balintmaci For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ru11er
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Okay, so I wiped all and flashed eveything I think I needed, it looks amazing... just a question tho, where is the video cam? lol and are there any issues I need to be aware of? thanks so much

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Okay, so I wiped all and flashed eveything I think I needed, it looks amazing... just a question tho, where is the video cam? lol and are there any issues I need to be aware of? thanks so much
cam and videocam is only separate in blur.
this rom has miui camera, open it press something and choose video or something.. you'll find it just use your brain and try stuff...

ru11er
Old
Thanks Meter 37
damn it, FC with super ko boxing..

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by balintmaci View Post
cam and videocam is only separate in blur.
this rom has miui camera, open it press something and choose video or something.. you'll find it just use your brain and try stuff...
hey sorry I didn't even see the video mode (1st option on settings menu) lol my bad, sorry.

ru11er
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Okay everything works perfect once again, except for a couple games (demolition thd, super lo boxing 2) just wanted to say thanks and I have clicked the thanks button for most of the replies.. ps neutrino is just as fast if not faster than ics, amazing...

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
"That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*&king way she goes"

Drakonas
Old
(Last edited by Drakonas; 29th April 2012 at 10:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Would somebody explain why the PDroid Patcher from here doesn't work with the 2.7 rom?

When I try to load the patch, either immediately after installing the Rom zip, or after starting the rom once and rebooting, the screen infinitely loops turning the screen on and off on the next boot.

I am highly interested in using PDroid with this rom, as it is my favorite privacy intrusion prevention app (community made, not proprietary). I am scared to use other proprietary permissions management apps like LBE PrivacyGuard, as I am not sure if they are uploading information themselves.

I was quite frustrated when Notorious stopped providing PDroid with his rom. Having it pre-patched was very nice, and it would be nice to have PDroid as an addon.

PDroid also had more things you could block apps from accessing, which I liked. Plus PDroid has a small footprint as far as I could tell. Other apps like it use a lot of resources.

Any help here? Thanks.

Or, if someone knows of a trustworthy app that could serve purpose for me, please let me know.
"Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it?"
(Search the quote, including the double quotes, on Google. You'll be shocked.)

A.VOID
Old
Thanks Meter 58
tried switching to faux v2. still rebooting all the time.

cirith
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I just flashed Neutrino 2.7 for the very first time. It's a very impressive effort!

I have a problem, though. I find the font used in the browsers (Opera Mobile and stock) unbearably small. I tried the 2.2 fonts too. No difference. Is there a way to have bigger fonts with Neutrino? I'd really hate to give up on this great ROM for this reason alone.

Thanks in advance!

nelsonw
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.VOID View Post
tried switching to faux v2. still rebooting all the time.
I think it's an issue of CM. I'm on the latest nightly and keeps rebooting....

Started to do it after 7.2 RC1. On pure CM and here...
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
If I was helpful please give Thanks!

Current Phone Samsung i9300

FORMER Devices:

HTC One X 32GB White
Atrix 4G
Samsung Captivate i897
HTC Fuze
HP iPaq 910c
Treo 650

sathelate
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirith View Post
I just flashed Neutrino 2.7 for the very first time. It's a very impressive effort!

I have a problem, though. I find the font used in the browsers (Opera Mobile and stock) unbearably small. I tried the 2.2 fonts too. No difference. Is there a way to have bigger fonts with Neutrino? I'd really hate to give up on this great ROM for this reason alone.

Thanks in advance!
Try downloading spare part (no ads) app from play store and change the global font size. It has worked for me once, it should work! Let me know!
Current ROM:JB4.1.2-Cm10

My V3.6.6 Mod : [50 Step Media Volume] - [Nkahoang's Screen Standby (Lapdock Detection)]

Past ROM :
  • CNA (JB - CM10)
  • AtrICS ROM (ICS Leaked Build 6.7.119)
  • Neutrino ROM - My V2.91 Mod : [Theme Chooser] - [50 Step Media Volume](GB-Cm7)
  • CNA (ICS - Cm9)
  • AOKP (ICS - Cm9)
  • Cm7 Feb 20's Weekly (GB)
  • Cm7 Stable ADT (Ba2tF) (GB)
  • Stock (Blurred ... As everybody else ! )

Motorola Atrix 4G

The Following User Says Thank You to sathelate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm7, cyanogenmod, gingerbread, neutrino, rom