Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 37,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Focus On Straight Talk w/ Working MMS

Tip us?

The Grand Pooh-Bah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
No tethering for me. I still get the standard message "To enable tethering go to att.com.....

BigJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatclue View Post
Three things, first you will need to find the xml for T-Mobile. Second, why T-Mob? For $45 more you get real 3G and it's unlimited. I used to have T-Mob until I found out about ST byod, it's no contest. Third, without a data plan this is all a moot point, you need data for MMS.
Sorry I definitely should have been more clear and included all info, my bad. I WILL be going to Walmart to get the $30 monthly 4g plan with unlimited web text and 100 minutes of calling. So come Thursday when I switch services I'll want MMS working. From there how do I get everything working? (I don't want my parents paying a lot for my phone, I wouldn't even have this if it weren't for the challenge)

fatclue
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreygtab View Post
Sorry I definitely should have been more clear and included all info, my bad. I WILL be going to Walmart to get the $30 monthly 4g plan with unlimited web text and 100 minutes of calling. So come Thursday when I switch services I'll want MMS working. From there how do I get everything working? (I don't want my parents paying a lot for my phone, I wouldn't even have this if it weren't for the challenge)
I'm not aware of any way to get the $45 unlimited plan through Wal-Mart. AFAIK, you can only get it through straighttalkgsm.com. My tutorial is based on this plan although I imagine any ST plan would work.

BigJeff
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatclue View Post
I'm not aware of any way to get the $45 unlimited plan through Wal-Mart. AFAIK, you can only get it through straighttalkgsm.com. My tutorial is based on this plan although I imagine any ST plan would work.
dude I feel like such an idiot... I'm not using straight talk! I want to use the TMOBILE PLAN TTTTHROUGH WALMART.

WilsonRDFL
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Focus S

Has this method been confirmed for the Samsung Focus S as well? Thanks for all the hard work guys!

fatclue
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonRDFL View Post
Has this method been confirmed for the Samsung Focus S as well? Thanks for all the hard work guys!
Congratulations! You have just volunteered to be the first guinea pig on the Focus S. Seriously, give it a shot and report back, that's how this whole forum thing works. I don't see anything that would brick your phone or anything like that. It's not like you're writing a new image file or updating the radios.

WilsonRDFL
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sweet! I'll give it a go and report back. My main concern was whether there was a possibility of bricking it.

Papa Bear332
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fatclue,

I want to say "thank you" for all your help with getting MMS to work on the Samsung Focus while using Straight Talk.

I got mine working about a week ago. I had some troubles getting things working right off the bat though. Nothing to do with your instructions, but more with trying to use my laptop to do everything. For some odd reason, I had a hell of a time getting Windows Phone SDK 7.1 to run on my laptop. Not sure why as its a Windows 7 machine, but no matter what I tried, couldn't get it to work.

No worries though....

as I have a great desktop in my rec-room also running Windows 7 and tried everything on it instead. Windows Phone SDK 7.1 loaded just fine, did the jailbreak, loaded the the root tools, sent your .zip to my phone and worked the magic. And I'm happy to report that MMS works now. Have some issues with MMS once in a blue moon, but overall, I'm completely happy with it.

The hardest part for me was finding the damn Application Deployment program as I couldn't find it through the "Start" button. But, a search through Windows Explorer helpe me with that. And once I got that going, the rest was cake following your instructions.

So, from one 50 year old to another, thanks a million.

For the rest of you that I trying this fix.....

stay at it. Fatclue's instructions really work.

slick_shoes
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonRDFL View Post
Post #16

It works great on the focus s. I just recently got this phone for my gf and everything works now

http://forums.wpcentral.com/general-...ion/188659.htm

fatclue
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Smile Thanks To All

No amount of money can replace the gratitude that all of you have shown. I've received help on these forums many times and I had to reciprocate. This is what makes this community work and it can only grow stronger. Now, if we could only weed out the trolls...