Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Touch screen problem

24th March 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 6

54 posts
So this is for sure a hardware problem I replaced my touch screen and it changed the location that the dead zones whereas

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
24th March 2012, 09:08 PM   |  #32  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
I have same problem all the middle of screen don't work like ( T, Y,G, H,B)

I already tried different roms and problem still the same.

my warranty is expire so I'm done.

and my problem now is that I can't add new account to sync contacts because neutrino rom , doesn't have voice command.
31st March 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 25

65 posts
I have the same problem and everyone is saying it's a hardware issue, but the fact that it began exactly when I first installed a CM9 beta is very disturbing. Did people having this problem observed it just after installing a new ROM ? Thanks.
19th April 2012, 01:23 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 25

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Guillot

I have the same problem and everyone is saying it's a hardware issue, but the fact that it began exactly when I first installed a CM9 beta is very disturbing. Did people having this problem observed it just after installing a new ROM ? Thanks.

OK this time I'm positive : my touch screen issue is a software issue. I recently upgraded from CM9-Jokersax-0.4 to CM9-Jokersax-0.5 with the awesome installer, and my screen now behaves totally differently : the unresponsive line is now thinner, and crazy phantom-touches happen very often, leaving me with no control on my Atrix...
19th April 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #35  
Flag Brooklyn, NY

4 posts
More
It seems I'm having a similar issue as well, and it all began after installing Jokersax's CM9. My touch screen doesn't work at all. I think I'm just gonna take it in for repairs.

We should send a bug report with our accumulated info though to Jokersax, no?
29th April 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #36  
Flag X-3043
Thanks Meter: 3,095

8,355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey C.

It seems I'm having a similar issue as well, and it all began after installing Jokersax's CM9. My touch screen doesn't work at all. I think I'm just gonna take it in for repairs.

We should send a bug report with our accumulated info though to Jokersax, no?

The PDS partition... You gotta reflash it. Google search on that.

The only thing touchscreen-related that doesn't work well in *all* ICS ROMs is the multitouch. It doesn't function properly because we lack official FULLY WORKING ICS drivers.

Sent from my Neutrino-loaded ATRIX
30th April 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 64

250 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Guillot

I have installed many kinds of ROMs based on CM7/9, no issue with my touchscreen. Keep my fingers cross.
4th May 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #38  

3 posts
Im having exact the same issue, but in both portrait and landscape modes the same part of the screen doesnt work. So it seems it is a hardware problem.
1st June 2012, 05:53 PM   |  #39  

12 posts
People !! i have the same problem on my Atrix, please help me ...... i'm very sad for my atrix ...

i only use the neutrino rom !! please any solution ?

my phone isn't in warranty ...
6th June 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #40  

3 posts
hello friends;
Take a hit without falling or suddenly fails me touch screen is a band of about a centimeter wide, from top to bottom, I put a picture to see him more clearly the fault zone but i cant post now here

I put the rom 2.6 and neutrino failures began with the mobile source rom also is the same. When I pass your finger over is like jumping from one line to another, trying to jump me multitouch pulse 1 to pulse 2
I tried to use the PDS and fix anything, but it applies perfectly well, I tried, as I said, with several roms and still the same All I needed to try is to get by rds-lite att original rom, but it fails and I get a SOTF brick. I have an att phone use, with version 2.3.4, 4.5.91.MB860.ATT.en.US, and I downloaded this rom
bfs: Branding: AT & T U.S.
Version: 4.5.91 NOT DOWNGRADE
Android Version: 2.3.4
Bootloader Version: N / A
Webtop Version: N / A
Requires RSD Lite 5.0.0 Requires Moto Android (De) packer 1.3 to edit.
From the post Atrix Superthread Firmware (Gingerbread), but eventually all fail.
Beyond that remove the Atrix with the video posted on youtube there and I remounted to see that all connections were good, and that was the problem of internal dirt. Also clean the edges of the screen, they say that collects dirt and being near the touch screen could affect
The truth is that I do not know what else to try Any suggestions?
Thank you very much and best regards

P.D. sorry for my bad english

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread