Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,486 Members 42,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to open up Gtablet

Tip us?

cjackxiii
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] How to open up Gtablet

I removed the 4 screws underneath the rubber feet and was wondering what was the easiest way to open up the exterior shell without damaging anything. I understand, by reading the tear down thread, there are 3 clip on each side. Any detailed instruction on how you did it and what you used would be greatly appreciated.

Im currently trying to fix the headphone jack that only outputs through on channel and causes various programs to think that headphones are being plugged in and taken out. It also prevents any sound to escape the exterior speakers unless pressure is applied. Since I'm use my Gtab to take notes for school so I can't part with it for 3+ weeks.

Also does anyone know if the drivers for the hardware are natively in android or are they baked in by the manufacturer?

-Thanks, Oscar
The Following User Says Thank You to cjackxiii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

katmandu421
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I just opened mine up this weekend. I would suggest starting on the lower left corner as you hold the tablet in normal landscape orientation and work your way towards the dock port with a plastic pry tool...I used a spatula Continue carefully around and your all good.

y2k-inc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
When screws are removed, try pulling by hand in each coiner to see which one comes loose, when you got one, use a plastic opening tools and pry the back out slowly, if you don't have a tools, use a credit card (the expired one is better ... lol) will be fine.

gymshu1a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't find the clips

Hi, I just cracked my power jack. I need to open mine.
I still can't find the three clips on each side.
Do you have a picture/vid or any site I can refer to?
Thanks

NeoMatrixJR
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Any way to remove the rubber feet/caps without destroying them so they can be put back in? The power jack is going bad in my tab and I have a feeling I'm going to need to attempt repairs soon .
Sprint LG G3 - Stock for now...root just came out today!
SERO-P 500
ASUS TF300t - CROMBi-kk
Viewsonic gTablet - Hiding on a shelf somewhere... DRH

y2k-inc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoMatrixJR View Post
Any way to remove the rubber feet/caps without destroying them so they can be put back in? The power jack is going bad in my tab and I have a feeling I'm going to need to attempt repairs soon .
use a small flat screw driver head or a pin, they are easy to remove

y2k-inc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymshu1a View Post
Hi, I just cracked my power jack. I need to open mine.
I still can't find the three clips on each side.
Do you have a picture/vid or any site I can refer to?
Thanks
see my post above ,,, there are more than 3 clips

themsn
Old
Thanks Meter 3
for me, the easiest way was to open the flap for the microusb slot (and full size USB port location) and pull apart from there. That point gave me the best leverage to get it apart and then I moved around the tablet to open it up.

good luck!

lanegd01
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Use credit card or similar to run around the gap. This worked well from me

Sent from my T2 using XDA App

lekhwani
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Thanks to all of you. Just opened the backcover and pushed the reset button and voila...Vroom..the gtab swung into action and birds began flying and I had ICS again. This gives me reason and more courage to stick with this rom.