No registration required

[KERNEL] Semaphore ICS 1.3.0

OP stratosk

29th April 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #3681  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 128

409 posts
More
Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome work and also for prompt polite answers to questions. This is my favourite kernel and i truly appreciatte the time and effort you put into the kernel and this thread.

Running slim ics 3.5 and 1.1.1sbm with no issues...

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2012, 10:19 PM   |  #3682  
Thanks Meter: 998

1,936 posts
Quote:

90% of the people with problems (this month at least) running icssgs 4.2.. <br />
<br />
I have a question for you.<br />
<br />
Seriously,<br />
<b>Why are you using that ancient crap??</b> <br />
<br />
We have SO MUCH better and ALIVE roms now days.<br />
<br />
(no offence at all ofc. That's just my opinion)<br />
<br />
Sent from my Galaxy S using homing pigeon

Hahaha if Paul reads this, you're dead. Yes, last release is already few months old, but it was a good ROM when it was released, and ROMs don't get bader. The ROM isn't dead, Onecosmic already tweeted a screenie of new version a month ago. And not everybody wants to flash a new ROM every day or week. I also want to get rid of my flash-addiction and stay on next release for a while.

--------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_knight35 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #3683  
Flag Hungary, Gy-M-S.
Thanks Meter: 877

4,097 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight35

Hahaha if Paul reads this, you're dead. Yes, last release is already few months old, but it was a good ROM when it was released, and ROMs don't get bader. The ROM isn't dead, Onecosmic already tweeted a screenie of new version a month ago. And not everybody wants to flash a new ROM every day or week. I also want to get rid of my flash-addiction and stay on next release for a while.

Agreed. He doesn't know what to speak. Without Onecosmic we would stay on Gingerbread.

Sent from IMM76I.
29th April 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #3684  
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
dark night 5.5
i cant seem to use the latest 1.1.1 in dark night rom.
after flash the phone works perfect
after a reboot endless bootlooping
i cant boot the device to cmw

Anyone as the same issue?
29th April 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #3685  
Thanks Meter: 66

345 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight35

I agree and ofc i respect onecosmics work.
But i think sometimes you must move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by saszseb

Agreed. He doesn't know what to speak. Without Onecosmic we would stay on Gingerbread.

Sent from IMM76I.

Not sure if my English is too bad or this doesn't make any sense..

Last edited by nikos523; 29th April 2012 at 10:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #3686  
Thanks Meter: 296

838 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenvarien

I experienced this bootlp behavior several times with different kernel /rom combinations. It didn't happen anymore since I stopped using the kernel cleaning script and stopped doing any dalvik cache wipes. But of course there could be more reasons.

Regarding Semaphore 1.1.1 - my phone never felt so snappy, battery life is great and the new smooth UI feature is a very good addition.

... tapatalked

After my todays experience I think is not related.I did some small think which caused bootlop and recoveryics.zip worked but only till I flashed back Ics kernel (any).The only final solution - started from JVU scratch. Such bootloop occurs really randomly, trigger is unknow for me, on any kernel. I'm just woried once it will happen somewhere I will be without possibility to fix it. Note: this comment is not related to Semaphore only, it really occurs on any of those three fantastic ICS kernels
The Following User Says Thank You to shaarky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #3687  
Thanks Meter: 1,950

2,832 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangus294

i cant seem to use the latest 1.1.1 in dark night rom.
after flash the phone works perfect
after a reboot endless bootlooping
i cant boot the device to cmw

Anyone as the same issue?

I'd love you provide a logcat while bootlooping if possible
Without knowing much about this rom i don't think the kernel you choosed is not to be used with,it boot successfully at first so if you didn't tried any scripts or kernel settings meanwhile...
Faster fix as said before is to use fixrecovery.tar from samsung updates or intial cm7 kernel.tar (prefer this one personally) with auto-reboot unticked by Odin or any extracted boot.img of any ics kernel with heimdall,pull off battery and flash same or maybe another kernel zip that should lies on your sd it should boot fine once again.If you flashed another kernel let's get back to the one you initially choosed,there's good chances you'll never get bootloop/no recovery again... if it happens again well,it could help to report again here with log if possible

Edit:I'm talking about logs and all on this matter but I can't provide any,i only remember made a logcat over wifi when it happened to me just rebooting (I didn't kept it) and it was talking'bout something unable to write to data....wow,useful info!
PS:still sorry to bring general concern on a specific topic.Please Stratosk,let me know if it's "unfair" in a way.
Last edited by Bejda; 29th April 2012 at 11:11 PM.
29th April 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #3688  
Thanks Meter: 26

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratosk

Can you please check the available RAM?
If it's 374.2MB it's OK (I mean I didn't mess up the versions)

EDIT: Also, I think onecosmics 4.2 does not follow the new CM9 memory configuration (if I'm wrong please correct me)

I don't need to check it I'm pretty sure. RC 4.2 is built on 9 februari so it would be hard to have the new CM9 stuff built in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos523

90% of the people with problems (this month at least) running icssgs 4.2..

I have a question for you.

Seriously,
Why are you using that ancient crap??

We have SO MUCH better and ALIVE roms now days.

(no offence at all ofc. That's just my opinion)

Because apart from one very slight purely cosmetic bug I have, it has been 100% stable/reliable/perfect and I'm running it since 9 feb... (Not saying other ROM's aren't obviously, I just don't feel an urge to swap something that's pretty much perfect for me atm.)
Last edited by misterpro; 29th April 2012 at 11:58 PM.
30th April 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #3689  
Flag Québec city
Thanks Meter: 160

527 posts
Donate to Me
More
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does the "Enable start up tweaks" check box in Slim ICS ASS settings need to be checked for scripts placed by Semaphore in the init.d folder to be executed at boot?

In other words, are Semaphore scripts in init.d independent of those from Slim ?

I flashed Slim ICS 3.5 earlier today and I'm getting ready to flash Semaphore but there are still some things I need to sort out before doing so.

Appart from LMK scripts that seem problematic lately, are there any other limitations I must be aware of with Slim ICS 3.5 ?
30th April 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #3690  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 76

298 posts
More
@stratosk this 1.1.1 on cm9 is a beast!
Rock stable, and your new governor is magic. This sets a new standard.
Thank you :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ics, semaphore
Previous Thread Next Thread