MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Should I purchase the 2x?

29th April 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hi

I need a new phone, and I have come down to either the Optimus 2x or the Huawei Honor being the best options for me.

I am mostly interested in the 2x due to its good specs, however my research tells me that it was full of bugs to begin with. I am not very fond of using custom ROMs, so my question is, how is it running with the latest official update??
29th April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 162

267 posts
More
The latest official firmware (v20q) is very good. You will be satisfied on stock. However, if you ever want, installing custom rom is not a big deal. Do some reading in dev section and you are good to go. And there is very good stock based custom roms, which you can flash once and no need to change/upgrade anymore .
29th April 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Thanks good to hear, I heard a few horror stories about the phone, but I think it was with the original rom which was full of bugs...so there is no problem with it today? (if updated)
29th April 2012, 06:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

83 posts
I think it is a good phone but there are some better options out there.

My carrier, for instance offers the galaxy nexus for the exact same price today(it hadn't launched here when I got my O2x). SII seems to be better too, but it's also more pricy.
29th April 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
yeah but they seem more expensive. I think spec-wise you dont find a phone matching it for the price, I was just wondering about its actual use.
29th April 2012, 07:40 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

57 posts
Do not buy this. It is a fail phone.
29th April 2012, 08:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkara

Do not buy this. It is a fail phone.

Really? What do you mean?
29th April 2012, 08:30 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Smile
If you don't have a problem waiting for the ICS update go ahead
29th April 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
well, it should be out sometime this year, and if their 2.3 works well then I can easily wait
29th April 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 56

182 posts
More
you should and you should use stock 20q rom with gueste kernel, his app for adjust everything is amazing, for example you turn on zram in there and low ram problem has gone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread