Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,255 Members 52,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

List of Widgets you use?

Tip us?

iamjerry123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default List of Widgets you use?

I love my Revo, but I feel like I have too much widgets, therefore lack ram. that's why I want to see what type of widgets you use, and see how much ram that takes nad how much ram you have on average

I use facebook widget, color note widget, a clock, beautiful weather, a calendar widget, the my verizon, the notifications for GO launcher, and of course GO launcher.
when I clear my ram, I have about 160 mb of ram. (including email music and smart keyboard pro)

I feel like I'm lacking alot, and this prevents me from playing high quality games.

JetBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Yea you have kinda a lot of widgets. Right now the only widget I use is the advanced task killer. I use to use the Sense 4 Widget until I decided to use something new. Just divide your widgets down into what you really need then you should have less widgets.

elreydotcom
Old
Thanks Meter 78
indeed, the only widget I use is the SIMI clock widget on my main screen

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

gimpcell
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
I use all seven desktops and have them full of widgets. I decided this time around to only use widgets that came with the phone. The phone has no problems with RAM or battery. Seriously, not kidding. However, I have downloaded a couple apps that include widgets like Equalizer, SetCPU and WiFi teather.
Gimpy the Broke Texas Wetback Mountain Biking Rider

iamjerry123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpcell View Post
I use all seven desktops and have them full of widgets. I decided this time around to only use widgets that came with the phone. The phone has no problems with RAM or battery. Seriously, not kidding. However, I have downloaded a couple apps that include widgets like Equalizer, SetCPU and WiFi teather.
So how much ram do you have

gimpcell
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjerry123 View Post
So how much ram do you have

My point is I stopped caring for it. I learned to trust the phone. On a good day I have noticed it stay steady at 40. On a busy day it goes down to 20-15. I use adw and have the dock and status bars hidden which saves a few bytes. The battery still lasts about 20 hours. That's with me plugging at twelve at night.

iamjerry123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
My point is I stopped caring for it. I learned to trust the phone. On a good day I have noticed it stay steady at 40. On a busy day it goes down to 20-15. I use adw and have the dock and status bars hidden which saves a few bytes. The battery still lasts about 20 hours. That's with me plugging at twelve at night.
So you never clear the ram?
Because when I don't it really lags sometimes... \: So should i just deal with it ?

JetBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
You do know 40 ram is bad?

gimpcell
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjerry123 View Post
So you never clear the ram?
Because when I don't it really lags sometimes... \: So should i just deal with it ?
After my second revo I stopped downloading and installing crap games and apps that have in-app ads. It seriously helps with battery and phone speed. I do get the common launcher restart and a few screen freezes here and there but nothing that makes me want to throw my phone because of lag. I guess its just preference. I can capture my phone statistics and email them to you so you can compare.

iamjerry123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
After my second revo I stopped downloading and installing crap games and apps that have in-app ads. It seriously helps with battery and phone speed. I do get the common launcher restart and a few screen freezes here and there but nothing that makes me want to throw my phone because of lag. I guess its just preference. I can capture my phone statistics and email them to you so you can compare.
Yes that'd be great!
BTW My phone even though it has like 60mb of ram that's when it starts to lag. Is this weird? because wheres the other 60 mb?..

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more