Tip us?

spleef
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2968

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHoMi View Post
Has anybody else noticed that after a few weeks with this ROM the signal strength gets worse? I've had this happen with a few different version of this ROM (I don't update every time a new version comes out). Signal strength is always the best right after installing a new version, and after a while the signal strength gets significantly worse. The only way to fix is flashing a new version.

My brother and I both independently noticed this.
updated your profile and prl in a while?

JustinHoMi
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleef View Post
updated your profile and prl in a while?
Oh yeah... that didn't make a difference. Besides, I don't think either of those will affect signal strength (unless you're roaming). But that's beside the point, since I did try it anyways.

anoob4eva
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twmatteo View Post
did you try flashing a 1.3 kernel after flashing 5.2 and before booting?
I'll try that. Where do I get it?

twmatteo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You can get some kernels here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1520417

cornelious2
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Has anybody else noticed that after a few weeks with this ROM the signal strength gets worse? I've had this happen with a few different version of this ROM (I don't update every time a new version comes out). Signal strength is always the best right after installing a new version, and after a while the signal strength gets significantly worse. The only way to fix is flashing a new version.

I notice the same thing on stock. sometimes it takes a few profile and prl updates to get it back.

Sent from my mopho

na7q
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:

no signal problems here. what kind of difference in dbm are you getting?

anoob4eva
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twmatteo View Post
OK, I flashed oleg-petr-cm9-v3-1.3GHz.zip and everything seems OK. Thanks to all for helping out.

Would it be OK if jokersax reduces builds to 1.3 for the folks that need it? Or release two versions of each release? Thanks.

jokersax11
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7044

DONATE TO ME
0.5.2 has a new kernel build that is built along with cm9 I need to rework my configs. I've actually got a lot to do cause so much changed. However I should have some time soon.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
Like my work donate via the donate button
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jokersax11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkAndr0id
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibaba View Post
5.2 force closes waze nav app, couldn't get it straight althogh I deleted app data, tried various versions, switched to sdcard and back and many reboots.

Had to revert to 5.1
Same here its weird this just happens with this app, maybe waze it's stil buggy with ICS.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

scriptx
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Maps, specifically the Traffic Widget, "unfortunately stops working" w/0.5.2 and joker gapps v12. I've tried wiping maps (via Titanium Backup) and installing from Market, as well as reverting to gapps v11. The map is working now (from market), though the widgets still fail.
Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to act like one.

Tags
atrix, awesome club, beta, better than sex, cheater, cm9, cyanogenmod 9, droidtweak.com, goldfish, great rom, i drink your milkshake, i love ice cream, icecreammypants4icecreamsandwich, ics, joker is a beast, kilroy was here, location set by green men, motorola electrify, motorola photon, my phone is cooler than yours, redbull gives u wings