5,814,633 Members 53,612 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]ICS-4.0.4 FLEX-Ressurrection-Aroma_Rev1 (Flexreaper newest edition)(02-Nov-2012)

Tip us?

fanf12005
Old
Thanks Meter 11
hello civato

I'm confused with the bootloader ICS users, it serves as an input and what exactly was it more?

is there a tutorial for and installed a video?

if I install it, is that the installation of the Roma is still by CWM?

I put the R13 and I made a restore data, is that I lose some advantage of the R13?

Thank you for this great job you do, continued

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Took the plunge & flashed the ICS bootloader & then r13...Installing the bootloader got a little touchy when it kept saying Recovery Failure when trying to boot into recovery. I read thru the Guide thread and saw it says to re-do step 6 (this should be put in the Guide itself if it isn't already there...I didn't see it). I re-ran step 6 & then recovery booted just fine! R13 is very nice & I like the acer Ring (I've been begging them to put it in the TegraOwners rom but they won't budge! What I miss is the ability to overclock & other performance tweaks...

Overall I am liking R13...One question though...now that I am on the ICS bootloader I know I can't go back to HoneyComb. But can I install other ICS roms like the TO rom? Can I restore a nandroid from the TO rom if I needed to?

Thanks

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 15,159

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanf12005 View Post
hello civato

I'm confused with the bootloader ICS users, it serves as an input and what exactly was it more?

is there a tutorial for and installed a video?

if I install it, is that the installation of the Roma is still by CWM?

I put the R13 and I made a restore data, is that I lose some advantage of the R13?

Thank you for this great job you do, continued
All info is in op, look what it says under the 2 roms , there is some info about them.
Updating to ICS boot loader , well there is a full guide about it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1622425
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

civato
Old
Thanks Meter 15,159

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
Took the plunge & flashed the ICS bootloader & then r13...Installing the bootloader got a little touchy when it kept saying Recovery Failure when trying to boot into recovery. I read thru the Guide thread and saw it says to re-do step 6 (this should be put in the Guide itself if it isn't already there...I didn't see it). I re-ran step 6 & then recovery booted just fine! R13 is very nice & I like the acer Ring (I've been begging them to put it in the TegraOwners rom but they won't budge! What I miss is the ability to overclock & other performance tweaks...

Overall I am liking R13...One question though...now that I am on the ICS bootloader I know I can't go back to HoneyComb. But can I install other ICS roms like the TO rom? Can I restore a nandroid from the TO rom if I needed to?

Thanks
Don't know, you will need to try.
About them putting acerring in , well then they need to rebuild the framework.
The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikespe
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
Don't know, you will need to try.
About them putting acerring in , well then they need to rebuild the framework.
Yea that's what they said too regarding the ring...I'm happy with the tablet now...at least for a while when I get the bug to flash again!! Will you keep supporting R13 even though it doesn't include your native language?

civato
Old
Thanks Meter 15,159

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikespe View Post
Yea that's what they said too regarding the ring...I'm happy with the tablet now...at least for a while when I get the bug to flash again!! Will you keep supporting R13 even though it doesn't include your native language?
I'm trying to make a build of both together.

shaun298
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by civato View Post
You are on V3 , look in left upper corner when booting.

And I think something is messed up with your tablet m8 , this should be impossible when on ICS bootloader.
What should be impossible..?

civato
Old
Thanks Meter 15,159

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun298 View Post
What should be impossible..?
SoD when running ICS bootloader and ICS boot.img

NYYFan325
Old
Thanks Meter 152
OK so here is a question... I was running R12 up until last night and decided to take R13 out for a spin.

So quick background info, I still have the HC bootloader (not sure if going to the ICS has any advantage, more on that in a second).

Last night I make my nandroid, wipe everything and install R13. Get everything up and running and all seems great. I install one of the games I'm playing, Baseball Superstars 2012 and it is incredibly laggy, as in unplayable laggy... where on R12 it works great.

Any idea what could be the cause? I don't really have anything installed on the tablet that should cause it. Again the game runs PERFECT on R12, which after restoring my backup it is back to normal. Is this an issue with the R13 ROM in someway? Could going to the ICS bootloader fix this (I can't imagine how but j/w)

shaun298
Old
(Last edited by shaun298; 30th April 2012 at 12:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Default Got it.

I remember someone said something about brightness set low was causing problems.

With this sod issue on my tab, I remembered that the first thing I do after a flash is turn my brightness to the lowest settings.

So for a test I set the bright to about 20% and put it to sleep. 20 min later it woke.... yea. Before when I put it to sleep it would not wake up even after 10 seconds.

So I will sleep it for a hour and see what happans. Later Civato thanks for no flames.

Update after hour sod again.