[DEV] [ROM] CM9 for Nook Tablet Alpha 0.06

OP chrmhoffmann

28th April 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #431  
Flag The land of no-iPhones
Thanks Meter: 1,147

1,106 posts
More
Yeah, there's always been the options for brightness, notifications and settings in the lower left notification menu. Nothing new there, I haven't noticed any new smoothness, but that's just ,e.

Sent from my CM9 Alpha 0.02 Nook Tablet
28th April 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #432  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,449

3,232 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrmhoffmann

Hi,

just uploaded 0.03 which contains nothing more than CM9 upstream fixes. And expiration has been prolonged as usual for 1 month. Sigh. Please test...

Rgds,
Chris

Chris did you get a chance to try the DSI2 patch to the 3.0 kernel? It solved all reports of striping/banding effects that users were seeing after longer periods of use (for the Kindle Fire).

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
29th April 2012, 06:57 AM   |  #433  
Flag San Bernardino, California
Thanks Meter: 165

1,085 posts
More
thanks for .03 alpha
29th April 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #434  
Thanks Meter: 1,053

1,531 posts
System > Combined bar > Auto hide, does not always work. Should there be a 'hide' option on the bar?
Dolphin BrowserŽ HD cannot go full-screen. However, MX Player can. Logcat for failure to go full-screen (Dolphin HD.) Logcat for successful full-screen (MX Player.)

System > AM/PM style - AM/PM is never shown, no matter which option is chosen.
Last edited by lost101; 29th April 2012 at 09:11 AM.
29th April 2012, 09:32 AM   |  #435  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,637

552 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

Chris did you get a chance to try the DSI2 patch to the 3.0 kernel? It solved all reports of striping/banding effects that users were seeing after longer periods of use (for the Kindle Fire).

Sent from my XT894 using XDA

Hashcode,
Haven't worked on the kernel at all recently... but you guys are making good progress. Thanks for all the info...

Chris

Sent from my NookTablet using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to chrmhoffmann For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #436  
Thanks Meter: 2

48 posts
Just today for the first time my nook tablet shutdown during the night while asleep. Now whenever i reboot it gets into the loader, loads the internal eMMC then reboots. I can get into recovery fine but when i formatted then reflashed the .02 update it still happens.

I am on vacation and i need to use this tablet for some work, anyone knows what's wrong with it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
29th April 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #437  
Thanks Meter: 321

1,279 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerouge

Just today for the first time my nook tablet shutdown during the night while asleep. Now whenever i reboot it gets into the loader, loads the internal eMMC then reboots. I can get into recovery fine but when i formatted then reflashed the .02 update it still happens.

I am on vacation and i need to use this tablet for some work, anyone knows what's wrong with it?

The latest build is .03, so you should try flashing that.
29th April 2012, 05:23 PM   |  #438  

48 posts
Is there any way of getting the .03 download onto the tablet without a computer or another phone with an sd card slot?

It seems like the countdown timer might have expired. It's very annoying that there are no warnings about it and they don't give you any opportunity to download the new update into the tablet before it expires.

29th April 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #439  
Flag The land of no-iPhones
Thanks Meter: 1,147

1,106 posts
More
While it is inconvenient, it is an early development build not really intended for daily use, although plenty of people do use it as their daily driver (me included) my little sisters nook had the same problem but I can easily put 0.03 on there with a computer and an SD card reader. Doesn't solve your problem, but it might. Can you flash anything else on the SD card? Such as a cm7 or miui build. Just so that you can DL the latest patch. Be sure to backup your cm9 first, then flash something else, download 0.03 and the latest gapps and put them in the root of your SD, then boot into cwm, wipe and restore into the cm9 backup, and then flash 0.03. If you don't have anything else to flash you're basically s.crewed

Sent from my CM9 Alpha 0.03 Nook Tablet
29th April 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #440  

48 posts
Any way to mount sd on a computer when booted into recovery. Does adb work for pushing files while in recovery? I've never tried.

Edit. Never mind I found the USB Mass Storage mount option and managed to put the .03 file onto the nook tablet on a public computer.

Last edited by Firerouge; 29th April 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread