FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[ROM] Unofficial CM9 for vivow (2012-09-05)

314 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,178
 
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
29th April 2012, 10:24 PM |#911  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 390
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurilebbie

Yes, use aokp if it is a big problem for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroevan

If you want to switch off the multitouch stuff, edit:
system/usr/idc/atmel-touchscreen.idc
and remove the touch.filterTouchEvents = 1 line.

ok thanks guys. Just wondering. Didn't see it mentioned in the OP.
 
 
30th April 2012, 12:28 AM |#912  
mountaineerndixie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
I can't bring my screen back after it goes to sleep or after I put it to sleep. This is happening on this ROM as well as AOKP, so I know it's my phone but I can't figure out what it is. Can a bad sdcard make a phone jerky and act strange?
30th April 2012, 01:54 AM |#913  
jamminjon82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerndixie

I can't bring my screen back after it goes to sleep or after I put it to sleep. This is happening on this ROM as well as AOKP, so I know it's my phone but I can't figure out what it is. Can a bad sdcard make a phone jerky and act strange?

did you under volt?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 01:59 AM |#914  
mountaineerndixie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminjon82

did you under volt?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

No. I haven't changed anything, I can't get that far. It's so jerky that something is just wrong. I have used all of the CM9 builds and AOKP builds without issue but the last couple days neither will act right. I can't see my pics in the gallery...strange stuff. I think it's either a Read/write issue or a bad sd card. I am trying a different sdcard to see if there is any change. I had a piece of "push adware" last week and it almost seems like things haven't been right since. I can run CM7.2 without issue though.

EDIT: Different sdcard, same result.
Last edited by mountaineerndixie; 30th April 2012 at 02:21 AM.
30th April 2012, 02:25 AM |#915  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bluetooth still doesn't work in my car

I also tried aokp milestone 5. No dice

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA
30th April 2012, 02:51 AM |#916  
HogFan77's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Denver, Co
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Automatic Brightness seems to have been fixed.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to HogFan77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 05:36 PM |#917  
jamminjon82's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gloucester
Thanks Meter: 267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerndixie

No. I haven't changed anything, I can't get that far. It's so jerky that something is just wrong. I have used all of the CM9 builds and AOKP builds without issue but the last couple days neither will act right. I can't see my pics in the gallery...strange stuff. I think it's either a Read/write issue or a bad sd card. I am trying a different sdcard to see if there is any change. I had a piece of "push adware" last week and it almost seems like things haven't been right since. I can run CM7.2 without issue though.

EDIT: Different sdcard, same result.

With a different SD card did you wipe everything data,cache, dalvic. Reflash rom and gapps?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 08:00 PM |#918  
knipp21's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Thanks Meter: 581
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogFan77

Automatic Brightness seems to have been fixed.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

Yes it is :) sadly the ffc still takes pics upside down

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
30th April 2012, 08:03 PM |#919  
mountaineerndixie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminjon82

With a different SD card did you wipe everything data,cache, dalvic. Reflash rom and gapps?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Actually, I had to go back to the original sdcard because the other one came out of an OG Droid and it says it's not partitioned correctly and I don't know how to do that.

Yes, I have wiped and wiped and done everything through recovery I can think of. It's only the ICS ROM's...I can run CM7.2 and it's perfect.

I even tried flashing just the CM9 ROM without Gapps and it boots up great and is really smooth, so I almost think it may be related to Gapps somehow. I just don't know.

Thanks for the reply!
30th April 2012, 08:53 PM |#920  
Zelmo88's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 146
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerndixie


I even tried flashing just the CM9 ROM without Gapps and it boots up great and is really smooth, so I almost think it may be related to Gapps somehow. I just don't know.

Maybe you got a bad Gapps download. You might want to redownload Gapps, wipe, and reinstall.
30th April 2012, 09:04 PM |#921  
mountaineerndixie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelmo88

Maybe you got a bad Gapps download. You might want to redownload Gapps, wipe, and reinstall.

I've downloaded it several times, verified MD5 even tried using the March 17 version instead of April 22 and the same thing happens.

Besides horrible jerkiness, the two things that stick out as weird are 1) the screen will not wake up after going off (backlit keys come on though and 2) When you open up Titanium Backup it usually takes about 5-10 seconds to read your backups on the sdcard and then it stops. Well. mine keeps spinning and never stops, as if it is trying to read the sdcard but it can't.

I've tried 3 different types of recovery and I'm just about out of steam.

Question: When I go into recovery under the "mount" menu, what should the cache, data, system and sdcard be set on as a default? Mounted or unmounted?

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes