OP oka1

29th April 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #761  
Thanks Meter: 93

2,225 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emuX

You want to read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1619630

Sounds like you've been very lucky! Most of the ROM threads are full of problems people have had, and custom roms are often only tested so far. The users do a lot of the testing and bug reporting in general use - complete with bricking, etc. That's one of the reasons flashing a ROM voids your warranty!

In my case I've survived flashing an ICS ROM too, but not without difficulties and the route back to GB was even more perilous.

Hopefully you continue to be lucky and aren't posting about a brick anytime soon.

Getting a hard brick is the easiest for getting a warranty claim as Samsung (any brands actually) has no way of telling what happened. Just act stupid saying upgraded via kies caused that, or plainly act dumb even if you are a geek.

Don't ask how I know cause I like visiting support centre for warranty claim. Changed screen, buttons (equal change screen), battery and etc.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #762  
Thanks Meter: 82

428 posts
More
We are in 5th month literally and i honestly never thought this could take so long. I could easily be on the whiner's side if i did not flash Criskelo's custom ICS build. If even custom rom builders doing this for hobby in their spare times can do this so great, i would expect all those engineers at Samsung could do much better considering it's their day time job, they work as a crowded team, they have all the resources, and they are properly trained and educated to do this.
Last edited by captainhakan; 29th April 2012 at 10:37 PM.
30th April 2012, 06:45 AM   |  #763  
Thanks Meter: 9

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous572

Problem can be only with your dummy actions. Most people who absolutely don't understand what are they doing trying to flash and not following instructions carefully, after this they got bricks. For example my thread about yellow triangle. Many people get bricks or stucks at black screen. Only because they don't carefully follow instructions!

Ehm. Not true. Or, are the ROM developers that bricked their own phones with their own creations (angelom again, I'm afraid) ignorant?

No. Bleeding edge is just that, bleeding edge. Your mileage will vary. Bricking a phone with a stable time-tested GB release for the Note is probably down to not reading and/or understanding the instructions but when it comes to them pre-release ICS-ones with homecooked best-effort-kernels you may - to no fault of your own - find yourself way down Pain Avenue, adjacent to **** Creek and close to the river of Misery.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corran For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 07:00 AM   |  #764  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 101

1,007 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhakan

We are in 5th month literally and i honestly never thought this could take so long. I could easily be on the whiner's side if i did not flash Criskelo's custom ICS build. If even custom rom builders doing this for hobby in their spare times can do this so great, i would expect all those engineers at Samsung could do much better considering it's their day time job, they work as a crowded team, they have all the resources, and they are properly trained and educated to do this.

yes is sad that Samsung are the slowest of them all.
most of the tablets have been updated to ICS but look at samsungs GTab 10.1 still running 3.2 in Aus is still 3.1!

i think this time round because of the massive code change from 2.3 to 4.0.3 Samsung needed to modify a large chunk of code.

Mind you that to the avarage user ICS does not bring any extra benefit to the note. Hence the need for the premium pack. If it wasnt for the premium pack am sure that the note would had gotten ICS by now!..
But given the value proposition that it carries (ie taking notes via stylus) samsung needed to re-write and enhance most of their s-memo app.

nevertheless us geeks are not that impressed.. am sure though that Samsung already has ICS for the N7000 in UAT testing and ready to do a higher user base testing
30th April 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #765  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 111

838 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandihno

Mind you that to the avarage user ICS does not bring any extra benefit to the note. Hence the need for the premium pack. If it wasnt for the premium pack am sure that the note would had gotten ICS by now!..

I'm inclined to think the Premium Suite is actually because they knew they didnt have the resources to get ICS out on time, so the throw in some freebies to sweeten the deal and "shut" the users up.

pretty standard tactic when running behind on a project..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to senectus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 09:40 AM   |  #766  
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Quote:

(...)

Clearly you have never owned an Android powered phone from Motorola. My Previous phone was a Motorola Milestone, which received about 4 updates in 2 years. I think my Note already received 5 or 6.
30th April 2012, 11:21 AM   |  #767  
Thanks Meter: 82

428 posts
More
Quote:

most of the tablets have been updated to ICS but look at samsungs GTab 10.1 still running 3.2 in Aus is still 3.1!

i think this time round because of the massive code change from 2.3 to 4.0.3 Samsung needed to modify a large chunk of code.

But given the value proposition that it carries (ie taking notes via stylus) samsung needed to re-write and enhance most of their s-memo app.

nevertheless us geeks are not that impressed.. am sure though that Samsung already has ICS for the N7000 in UAT testing and ready to do a higher user base testing

If that's the case i wish they leaked the UAT testing version at least.
30th April 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #768  
Flag Yerevan
Thanks Meter: 150

1,126 posts
More
Some vague hints at Techradar.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-weeks-1078134
30th April 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #769  
Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 2

34 posts
More
Guys when el official Ics is out will it support arabic by defult or i should wait for the uae version of ics? ? pls help and thank you

30th April 2012, 02:34 PM   |  #770  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 111

838 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagba

Some vague hints at Techradar.

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-weeks-1078134

Hmm very very vague. Nothing new here really.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung is awesome, samsung sucks, this thread is awesome, this thread sucks
Previous Thread Next Thread