Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just got the one X and dislike it.

Tip us?

nativestranger
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOFDANGER View Post
So i purchased the one X today thinking that it may be just too big for me but id give it a go and return it if it was, turns out the screen is too big but still quite enjoyable and usable but everything else isn't up to par in my expectations (i set high bar).
The screen is beautiful and i am very picky when it comes to that sort of stuff with countless hours playing with tv's, monitors calibrating and fixing them i have some sort of a fettish and trained eye so props for the screen.
But everything else just doesn't seem that great, i expected better from quad core from my move from sensation and the performance in some apps is less pleasing then it was for the sensation.

I just think there's nothing really fascinating that would make you want to keep the phone so i am thinking about getting the samsung galaxy s3.

Whats your thoughts.
Thats kind of surprising. You are moving from a 1.2ghz dual core scorpion to a 1.5ghz quad core A9. Each core is at least 60% faster. Sense 4.0 is also much better optimized than 3.0. Most likely down to user error. Try factory reset.

Basil3
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,959

DONATE TO ME
Wow. I've just wasted a good 10 mins of my life reading through this thread, and I'm at a loss to see the point of it.

If you don't like a phone, get another one. If you can't afford another one, then use these forums to figure out why your user experience is so much worse than everyone else's. If the phone is too big for you, then a bit of common sense could have prevented you from buying it in the first place.

The problem with threads like these is it can attract fanboys of other phones like moths to a flame. They will put in their 2c without even owning the One X, as if their opinion even matters.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basil3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ripley
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I bought a Note, and didnt like it much. Did i join a Note forum and publicise my dislike? Of course not. Because I am not a pleb.

I simply returned it, bought an X, and told everyone how awesome it is.
Loving Crash Bandicoot on my One X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ripley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abc27
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCedHrt View Post
There is also LTE One X with Qualcomm I thought. Tegra 3 is a flop.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA
Tegra 3 is a flop?

One of the most powerful chips currently available for phones/tablets is a flop?

The Galaxy S3's new GPU might theoretically have a bit more raw grunt than Tegra 3 but it lacks the developer support of NVIDIA. Developers are going to design games for Tegra 3, they're not going to focus on a chipset being used in only one phone.
http://cycle2013.com
No better cause to donate to

Ripley
Old
Thanks Meter 78
One X vs GS3...it's Xbox vs PS3 all over again.
Loving Crash Bandicoot on my One X

hamdir
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC whore View Post
One X vs GS3...it's Xbox vs PS3 all over again.
lool yes, although the One X is the Ps3 on this one

more complex architecture that requires optimization but more impressive overall

chrisjcks
Old
Thanks Meter 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
lool yes, although the One X is the Ps3 on this one

more complex architecture that requires optimization but more impressive overall
People should just play dark meadow & see for themselves - tegra 3 is flipping awesome!

Phone: Google Nexus 4 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Phablet: Nexus 7 (Stock Unlocked / Rooted / Jelly Bean 4.3)
Tablet: Motorola Xoom (Stock Locked / Jelly Bean 4.1.2)

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3 View Post
Wow. I've just wasted a good 10 mins of my life reading through this thread, and I'm at a loss to see the point of it.

If you don't like a phone, get another one. If you can't afford another one, then use these forums to figure out why your user experience is so much worse than everyone else's. If the phone is too big for you, then a bit of common sense could have prevented you from buying it in the first place.

The problem with threads like these is it can attract fanboys of other phones like moths to a flame. They will put in their 2c without even owning the One X, as if their opinion even matters.

There's nothing wrong with negative threads. We all use devices differently and some of the things pointed out that everyone might not use or use the same way are helpful. OP's post isn't one of those. What does "but everything else just doesn't seem that great" mean and how is it in anyway helpful? As for performance compared to the Sensation, I've never used one so can't comment. But the One X is significantly faster than my I9100 which I know was faster than friends Sensations so if OP's was slower maybe his phone's defective.

Every phone is not for everyone. The One X isn't for OP. But that joyous news could have been shared with OP's reseller rather than a forum of thousands of people who are unlikely to share his opinion. Even if he closed his post asking "what do you think?"

Dubhaltach
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc27 View Post
Any performance problems will be solved with upcoming updates. The Tegra 3 is a powerful CPU/GPU. The software still needs a bit of work to use its full potential.
SAw you're on meteor there and I'm wondering, did you get the 1.28 update? I'm on metoer myself but the phone is CID'd to O2 so so far still on .26.

Reckless187
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Isn't the SIII going to have a 4.7" or similar sized screen too? In which case it will also be too big for OP. I'm off to the SIII forum to await OP's "Just got the SIII and dislike it." thread. lolz!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe