5,599,135 Members 34,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Htc Sensation very poor battery life

Tip us?
 
toobywedge
Old
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinz View Post
I can give you complicated way, just us for it You asked for instruction and you tube video, so this is short and sweet way to convert your seny in ICS

Ups i forget one step

When you upgrade your phone to ICS, delete file from your sd,
Download , 4Ext-Recovery-Touch-1.0.0.3-Beta-8 (link) put it on your sd, flash it from bootloader same as ROM
After first reboot delete it from SD ...
Hello,
When I try and flash the ICS rom it starts then in about a second it says "Installation aborted". What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Lachlan
 
dublinz
Old
(Last edited by dublinz; 29th April 2012 at 12:07 PM.)
#12  
dublinz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 663
Posts: 1,422
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobywedge View Post
Hello,
When I try and flash the ICS rom it starts then in about a second it says "Installation aborted". What do I need to do?
Thanks,
Lachlan
It should be some more information mate reason why the install is aborted ... Are you super CID ? Is your Seny XE or ordinary ?


-=-----------------------------------------
What is inside?
- ROM 3.32.401.105 RELEASE
- Busybox 1.19.4
- Superuser 3.07
- Rooted device

BUGFIX & other Problems

ModelID Problem

If you have the Problem with ModelID you can fix this very easy.
1. Open the ZIP File and edit the android-info.txt
2. Change now the very first line from

Code:
modelid: PG5813001
to

Code:
modelid: PG5813000
3. Save it and flash the file

Devices :
HTC Desisre
HTC Sensation XE
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S4
 
Skipjacks
Old
#13  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Posts: 4,436
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by musa91 View Post
see thread here
Your posts are borderline spam at this point.

The only reason you are linking that thread, which has absolutely nothing to do with the op's issue whatsoever, is because that thread links to your thread.

You are again suggesting your 3.12 firmware hack, but this time to someone running a GB rom! Your suggestion will guarentee to bootloop his phone and possibly much worse since he would be mixing GB firmware with ICS firmware! You have done zero testing on that and have no idea how it will react.

Mixing firmwares of completely different versions is VERY risky.

Stop suggestion that people do untested firmware meddling!

Its to the point where you are suggesting this as a fix to everyone with any problem on any rom!
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
 
Skipjacks
Old
#14  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Posts: 4,436
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinz View Post
1. Open the ZIP File and edit the android-info.txt

A little clarification.

Dont unpack the zip file so you would need to rezip it. Just open it.

And this way is great because it updates your firmware and rom in 1 easy step. So you will have a completely working ics rom in about 10 minutes.

But you can also just flash the 3.32 furmware you need for ics using a pm58img file preloaded with 4ext recovery, the flash the custom rom of your choice.

But if you do that, make sure to have the custom rom on the sd card first so you will have something to flash. Your old gb rom will not open on the new firmware so tge phone wont be usable right away.

In any case dont sweat it. Switching to ics is twice as easy as it was to root the phone initially.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
 
toobywedge
Old
(Last edited by toobywedge; 29th April 2012 at 09:54 PM.)
#15  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinz View Post
It should be some more information mate reason why the install is aborted ... Are you super CID ? Is your Seny XE or ordinary ?


-=-----------------------------------------
What is inside?
- ROM 3.32.401.105 RELEASE
- Busybox 1.19.4
- Superuser 3.07
- Rooted device

BUGFIX & other Problems

ModelID Problem

If you have the Problem with ModelID you can fix this very easy.
1. Open the ZIP File and edit the android-info.txt
2. Change now the very first line from

Code:
modelid: PG5813001
to

Code:
modelid: PG5813000
3. Save it and flash the file
Hello,
I am trying to install SuperCID but I cannot seem to find a working download link.
Thanks.

*Edit* I have the normal Htc Sensation.
 
Skipjacks
Old
#16  
Skipjacks's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Posts: 4,436
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobywedge View Post
Hello,
I am trying to install SuperCID but I cannot seem to find a working download link.
Thanks.

*Edit* I have the normal Htc Sensation.
SuperCID is done through fast boot, not with a download.


Sent from a rebel ship by storing the message in an R2 unit. (Help me, XDA. You're my only hope)
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
 
toobywedge
Old
#17  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
SuperCID is done through fast boot, not with a download.
Ok.
Could you please link me a tutorial or something?
Thanks.
 
dublinz
Old
#18  
dublinz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 663
Posts: 1,422
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobywedge View Post
Ok.
Could you please link me a tutorial or something?
Thanks.

WRITE SUPER CID [YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS ONCE]
(allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd...DB-Windows.zip or download for LINUX http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd.../ADB-Linux.zip
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
Connect your phone via USB
Your Screen should now read fastboot USB

8. enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
9. enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
10. enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
11. enter the command "fastboot reboot"
12. You can now flash any ROM you like.

Devices :
HTC Desisre
HTC Sensation XE
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S4
 
toobywedge
Old
#19  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinz View Post
WRITE SUPER CID [YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS ONCE]
(allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd...DB-Windows.zip or download for LINUX http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd.../ADB-Linux.zip
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
Connect your phone via USB
Your Screen should now read fastboot USB

8. enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
9. enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
10. enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
11. enter the command "fastboot reboot"
12. You can now flash any ROM you like.
Thank you.
I am just restoring my phone because it got stuck in bootloop on Coindroid. Will try this once it is done.
Thanks
 
toobywedge
Old
#20  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 29
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinz View Post
WRITE SUPER CID [YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS ONCE]
(allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd...DB-Windows.zip or download for LINUX http://dl.xda-developers.com/attachd.../ADB-Linux.zip
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C)
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
Connect your phone via USB
Your Screen should now read fastboot USB

8. enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
9. enter the command "fastboot reboot-bootloader (Wait for it to reboot the bootloader)
10. enter the command "fastboot getvar cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
11. enter the command "fastboot reboot"
12. You can now flash any ROM you like.
Hello,
When I am using the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111" it just says waiting for device.
Thanks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more

Sony Z Ultra Google Play Edition Receives Bluetooth Certification for Android 4.4.3

You may recall that a few days ago, Sprint jumped the gun … more