View Poll Results: Ghost calls..back to froyo??
i use ginger, and have no issues with ghost calls 95 40.95%
i use ginger, thinking of switching to froyo 75 32.33%
i switched back to froyo 62 26.72%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

ghost calls issue thread..

29th April 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #761  
Thanks Meter: 8

79 posts
More
Well if u r testing the conditions under which GC occur. Last time it happened was 4 days ago, in the morning the usual quest of finding the mobile and called through my land line number. The call was going though but phone wasn't ringing. I eventually found it. I called again but the same result the interesting part was that as i was holding the phone when I was calling I can hear the noise which happens on landline phones when a cell phone is near by on call but my phone was silent. My verdict the baseband was working but the rest of OS was not able to detect and ring the phone (I guess thats what GC is ). After a few retry I restarted the phone and the phone started working normally. I was on v20b the first it happened on it since release. I switched to v20g yet to falter.
29th April 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #762  
Thanks Meter: 21

425 posts
More
Here in Poland one person wrote on the forum that he returned the phone to the operator with this ghost call issue, and they gave him the possibility to exchange it to the new LG Prada. He accepted it, and wrote that prada is blazing fast. Much faster than sgs2 or phones on custom roms.
29th April 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #763  
Flag Greenock
Thanks Meter: 348

700 posts
More
Just sent to +LG UK, +GSMArena, +Engadget, +PhoneArena on Google+ Any one who uses Google+ please do the same.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...475351&page=77

OPTIMUS 3D with Gingerbread ROM (V21A and 21B) RANDOMLY MISSES CALLS! It means that when somebody calls us, THE PHONE DOESN'T RING and there is NO RECORD OF A MISSED CALL!!!
LG, please FIX THIS! The Gingerbread update was issued on Nov 15 2011 and you have not provided a solution YET. A lot of your customers are frustrated. There is even a thread for GHOST CALLS on XDA Developers.
Don't forget, no matter how sophisticated, this is still a phone. Missing important calls is a serious reason to NOT buy this device.
UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED, I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS DEVICE TO ANYONE.
Last edited by kidkoala_uk; 29th April 2012 at 10:10 PM.
29th April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #764  
Flag Eskilstuna
Thanks Meter: 878

1,313 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLPI

Here in Poland one person wrote on the forum that he returned the phone to the operator with this ghost call issue, and they gave him the possibility to exchange it to the new LG Prada. He accepted it, and wrote that prada is blazing fast. Much faster than sgs2 or phones on custom roms.

how ? Isn't LG prada a single core phone with 512mb RAM + GB ? How can it be faster than dual core phones ? Specially the SGS2 ?
29th April 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #765  

425 posts
More
Lg prada 3.0 is omap 4430 1 GHz dual core, with 1 Gb of ram. The guy wrote that soft is very optimized, and very responsive. Dunno, for me that phone also was not interesting, but even you ported the prada ROM and it was very responsive. So maybe crappy lg is starting to compete with Samsung starting from now. Unfortunately we have less luck with this lg 'ghost call phone'
Last edited by IFLPI; 29th April 2012 at 10:36 PM.
29th April 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #766  
Flag Eskilstuna
Thanks Meter: 878

1,313 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFLPI

Lg prada 3.0 is omap 4430 1 GHz dual core, with 1 Gb of ram. The guy wrote that soft is very optimized, and very responsive. Dunno, for me that phone also was not interesting, but even you ported the prada ROM and it was very responsive. So maybe crappy lg is starting to compete with Samsung starting from now. Unfortunately we have less luck with this lg 'ghost call phone'

You are right sorry. Maybe had in mind something I saw before the Prada release, but anyways I still have doubts that it is better than sgs2.
29th April 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #767  

425 posts
More
Yes, it sounds doubtful, but the guy had sgs2 (his girlfriend) for a long time, and he bought her Prada. He owns galaxy nexus, and is saying that prada is quicker than them both. Other ppl also was very suprised that anybody writes so good about the lg phone. Maybe i will also try to return the phone to have it replaced. But it dependends on the operator good will I think.

But they 100 percent must know about the issue, thanks to xda, it became famous (ghost calling method )
30th April 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #768  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 59

227 posts
More
Lg Mobile Update Tools was updated to 1.5.6.0.

Hope that this is a sign of ROM update coming from LG.
30th April 2012, 12:43 PM   |  #769  
Thanks Meter: 9

132 posts
Actually, i have watched a lot of forum from china ( in fact i am a hongkong user), all of them said they haven't encounter any ghost call anymore when using v20g which is release from china Beijing, the KDZ is available from here
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata...00/V20G_00.kdz
This is very encouraging, and they said v20g have completely solve the problem of ghost call. Therefore i highly recommend all of you to install this v20g as fast as possible for testing! !! if anyone still have ghost call, plx say dont feel lazy to post on here!!! your experience always have good value for us to find out a ghost call free version
30th April 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #770  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 59

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheong12001

This is very encouraging, and they said v20g have completely solve the problem of ghost call. Therefore i highly recommend all of you to install this v20g as fast as possible for testing! !! if anyone still have ghost call, plx say dont feel lazy to post on here!!! your experience always have good value for us to find out a ghost call free version

You sound like a douchebag LG employee. Why should I flash a chineese ROM to my phone when I am thousands of kms away from china? Do you guarantee that my operators signal will be compatible with that ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread