[ROM]SKY ICS--- 4.2D-10 (5/7/12) amazing battery, and super-fast!! 60FPS !!!!

OP seanzscreams

29th April 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #2171  
Thanks Meter: 113

978 posts
More
What are you talking about? Nexus density isn't 240...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
29th April 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #2172  
Thanks Meter: 3

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girn

Not only is the nexus density not 240, setting my density at 240 does not center the buttons. That is good information, though. For those keeping score, the buttons aren't centered at 180, 190, 200, 220, or 240...
29th April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #2173  
Flag Bradford West Gwillimbury
Thanks Meter: 244

1,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girn

u are right, sorry it was on first one, the Galaxy Nexus new one, is higher resolution, i am pretty sure density is 320.(default in build.pro) I mean I've read it on the web twise somewhere, really did not care for it so don't take my work for it.

But the thing is the phone have two different screens/resolutions, it's hard to get it working, your best bet to try is 200/240 and flash the buttons again.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain175

Not only is the nexus density not 240, setting my density at 240 does not center the buttons. That is good information, though. For those keeping score, the buttons aren't centered at 180, 190, 200, 220, or 240...

set it to 200 and then re flash the buttons.
29th April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #2174  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 179

1,192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by odeccacccp

It's because of density. I am pretty sure the nexus density is 240, so anything else you will have a shift. Pretty sure it's just like that here, one thing you can try is re flashing the file once you have set density to 200. (tip 3: Devices that run a default default density of 240 (Nexus, Droid, Galaxy S etc), a density of 200 gives the best result. It's the best compromise of having more info on the screen and readability of that info. thanks to appelflap)
But if I was you just don;t use it, I mean this is not nexus, and it does not have the buttons for a reason)

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Please next time don;t call people names and if someone maybe then you can give more details, but if some one says do this it will work, then probably you should do it, especially if no one else has that problem.

Pretty sure Nexus density is either 160 or 180... Skyrocket stock is 240. Running 190 right now and looks great! Don't use Nexus buttons so don't have that problem but for dialer I use Dialer One or exdialer...

Wait are we talking about true pixel density on the Nexus or the nexus density mod that sean has?
Last edited by rkub; 29th April 2012 at 10:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rkub For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #2175  

58 posts
Quote:

u are right, sorry it was on first one, the Galaxy Nexus new one, is higher resolution, i am pretty sure density is 320.(default in build.pro) I mean I've read it on the web twise somewhere, really did not care for it so don't take my work for it.

But the thing is the phone have two different screens/resolutions, it's hard to get it working, your best bet to try is 200/240 and flash the buttons again.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

set it to 200 and then re flash the buttons.

There lies the rub, flashing resets the density to 180.... But I tried this, and still nothing... Oh well, no buttons for now
29th April 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #2176  

1,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkub

Pretty sure Nexus density is either 160 or 180... Skyrocket stock is 240. Running 190 right now and looks great! Don't use Nexus buttons so don't have that problem but for dialer I use Dialer One or exdialer...

Wait are we talking about true pixel density on the Nexus or the nexus density mod that sean has?

same here. and I don;t because it messes up the GP, and I have to fix it with LCD Modder, I just follow the guide and set dens. to 180 no buttons.

I really don;t have a problem with things being shifted, I am not in favour to ran another app for the dialer, but it's up to everyone's personal preference.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

WOOOOOOOW!!! You must have passed your english test with an A++++.

Difference between RESTORE ALL BACKUPS and RESTORE FROM BACKUP is HUUUUUGE!!!

And yes, i did call them dumbasses because instead of help they ****in treat me like a 5yo kid with his first android phone. My question here was not about my music so why did this conversation become about it?

whats the difference?
When you are restoring from back ups you are restoring THE backups. Everyone here knows what it means, and that if you use your backups in TB, you can get f'd.

Also, personally I am done with you Frenchy, you just don;t learn not to insult people, if someone wants to help you here please, but you are on my black list for sure.

I would suggest to you to flash another ROM and get lost.
Last edited by odeccacccp; 29th April 2012 at 10:53 PM.
29th April 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #2177  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 179

1,192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish_pat

WOOOOOOOW!!! You must have passed your english test with an A++++.

Difference between RESTORE ALL BACKUPS and RESTORE FROM BACKUP is HUUUUUGE!!!

And yes, i did call them dumbasses because instead of help they ****in treat me like a 5yo kid with his first android phone. My question here was not about my music so why did this conversation become about it? DUMBASS

WOOOOWWWWW you really don't know when to stop... I was just pointing out to you that you said you were restoring backups. You were the DUMBASS that didn't bother to clarify until someone said something about it... And yes you will be treated like a child when you act like a child. You were the 1 that said it takes you 5 hours to flash a rom, don't know anyone else that takes that long...lol I only wondered why you have to resync 26 gb's of music everytime, seems like there should be an easier way. But, seeing how you interact with the people you're trying to ask for help it makes more sense to me now...
29th April 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #2178  

1,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain175

There lies the rub, flashing resets the density to 180.... But I tried this, and still nothing... Oh well, no buttons for now

sorry man

But, after all Skyrocket is better then Nexus, hehe I don;t want to start the argument)
29th April 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #2179  

58 posts
Quote:

sorry man

But, after all Skyrocket is better then Nexus, hehe I don;t want to start the argument)

totally agree! The skyrocket is better than.... Any other phone you can buy today, on any carrier! But, that doesn't mean those buttons aren't cool.
29th April 2012, 10:56 PM   |  #2180  
Thanks Meter: 113

978 posts
More
Use 206 density and use apex launcher. Problem solved

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread