Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

(help) my internet usege please help

OP dannycanrock

29th April 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Heaven
Thanks Meter: 77

598 posts
Hey guys please help me am going crazy with my galaxy note this the first tome I use android so I don't know much about anyway I have program called my data manager and it shows me everything that uses my internet so I found is serveses and some other apps like textfree and other apparently like tune on radio use of my internet my os. Services used 100 m in 2 days which I only have 1 GB. PER A month please gimme application to control what apparently can use my 3g network or anything to solve this thank u guys
29th April 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 533

1,504 posts
Try 3g Watchdog,
Well I have not used it for a while but if you are rooted use LBE privacy. It can monitor which app used how much of data. It also has firewall, so you can block sucker apps.
29th April 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 235

733 posts
More
You do know that Tune In Radio is an internet radio program so any and all activity on that program will use your network data?
29th April 2012, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,077

1,794 posts
Well I have a radical solution for you

Go to Settings > Accounts & sync and disable background data..However this comes with a sacrifice: Market will not work but you can enable when you want to use Market and disable it again..

But you will have full control on which app to use your data connection because you will have to do it manually, e.g. in Gmail you will have to refresh it by yourself to check new emails..

This has ups and downs, it's up to you
29th April 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 99

286 posts
2 tools will solve ur ur problem completely, droidwall which will block all apps including system appd if uwant to use 3G and only use wifi,and onovo which will monitor all of ur 3G internet activity and even block ur 3G usage when reaching a certain adjusted quota limit..try them they willdo the trick.

↖(^▽^)↗ Sent from Galaxy Note ↖(^▽^)↗
29th April 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Heaven
Thanks Meter: 77

598 posts
OMG you guys are amazing about helping people anyway I think droidwall will do the trick but the problem I have no root 2.3.6 and my kernel can't be rooted so I think I will wait for ics. To release then I will root it I don't wanna root it now then unrooted. In 2 weeks when it comes out anyway thank you guys that was a good help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread