Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Download the official a500 OTA ICS upgrade

Tip us?

Mark RS
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just installed this on a Packard Bell Liberty Tab G100, and it's working fine - Thanks. I followed the standard instructions, the same as for the A500.

-Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark RS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t_r_j
Old
Thanks Meter 12
The wifi is fine, the Acer update servers are having issues

crazymanc
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If i install this will it just be the same as if i recived the OTA update or is this what somebody has recived for there a500 if so would my a500 have to have the same gen and build as this file ?

UIO77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalsblade View Post
Alright finally got it after your idea I'm running ics now is it root able and how
I have the same problem. I followed the same procedure, but no luck. I am still stuck with the yellow triangle !

Any other idea??

t_r_j
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Like I said before.

The "triangle !" thing is the tablet not seeing the Update.zip file or you SD card is hosed.
Make sure the update.zip is in the ROOT of the card also you may want to format the SD card fat32 using a computer before you use it, do not use "quick format". You may need to format it twice sometimes SD cards fail the long format the first time through.

amphi66
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Using TimmyDeans V4, when this update.zip is copied to the root of the sdcard, is there any reason it cannot be installed via CWM (instead of Acer Recovery)using the "install update.zip from sdcard" option? --LarryS

Blaze209
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you, OldGaf for the upload! I installed in on my A500 & it is working perfectly.

OldGaf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyblack View Post
This update worked great for me (with the exception of loosing wifi channels 12 & 13). Have now got it rooted and even managed to get the Acer ring on here.
Glad it worked for you!

Can you tell me which method you used to root and where you got the ring?

petrutzh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default miam, miam

The feeling is I that I have a new tablet. Good speed, fast and stable browsing, everything looks much better, movies and HD movies run smoothly, flash movies off the web run much better. There's only one problem( but this is not from ICS: the video and audio yahoo messenger plugin for ICS on A500 don't exist)

tonyblack
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGaf View Post
Glad it worked for you!

Can you tell me which method you used to root and where you got the ring?
I used Blackthundr v6 (roots and includes Acer ring)

http://forum.tegraowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=350