Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ONE X LTE vs HTC ONE X International

Tip us?

PeterGuru
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,148

DONATE TO ME
Default Can happen with ANY phone ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post
HTC better pray that the screen flicker issue is not prevalent in the Snapdragon edition. If by some chance it is, the North American tech sites will explode with criticism. (And rightfully so.)

If I get the One X and experience anything of the sort, even for a brief moment (like described in the Twitter example in this thread), then I will return my phone and go back to the iPhone. That is inexcusable.
Inexcusable, yes; however, anything can happen with ANY phone, including the iPhone.

Peter
MODEL: ....OnePlus One (Global)
VERSION: ..A0001 (64GB Sandstone)
RECOVERY: .TWRP v2.7.1.0
ANDROID: ..4.4.4
ROM/BUILD: CM11-20140821-NIGHTLY-bacon
KERNEL: ...3.4.0-g41804e5
RADIO: ....M8974AAAAANPZM-1

"Science will eventually answer ALL questions, thus ending religion's wretched grasp on humanity."

~David
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHTC View Post
Inexcusable, yes; however, anything can happen with ANY phone, including the iPhone.

Peter
Maybe they're just holding it wrong.
HTC One [UL / Stock JB 4.1.2]
HTC One X [LTE X325a / Retired]
Asus Transformer [TF101-B1-B60 / Retired]
HTC Desire [GSM A8182 / Retired]
HTC Hero [GSM Black / Retired]

mrpopgun
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Pretty sure I've seen this question posted, but I can't seem to find it. Can the HOX mount a USB stick? It can be mounted as USB storage by a PC , but wondering if it can mount USB storage? If so, long flights become much easier - micro USB to female USB cable and movies on a thumb drive.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

equlizer
Old
Thanks Meter 50
you need the cable made just for that. It cant be used for anything else except memory sticks. Ebay has them for $3. USB OTG
Bell SGS3 rooted, Bell Note 2 4.3 rooted

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpopgun View Post
Pretty sure I've seen this question posted, but I can't seem to find it. Can the HOX mount a USB stick? It can be mounted as USB storage by a PC , but wondering if it can mount USB storage? If so, long flights become much easier - micro USB to female USB cable and movies on a thumb drive.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
The international version can't. Partly because of an Nvidia issue. Beyond that, what HTC's intentions are aren't clear. The S4 version could be different.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=16

americasteam
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHTC View Post
There isn't a great deal of light in my office, which could explain the noise and grain; however, I would agree that, in this VERY simple test, the Rogers unit takes better pictures.

I have to emphasize, though, that this is an overly simplified test. Bottom line, if I were to take similar pictures in a variety of lighting and contrast situations, there may be no difference at all. I don't know.

Although photography is one of my hobbies, I really would never think of using a mobile phone camera to take "GOOD" pictures ... and that applies to ALL mobile phones. However, given what's inside any modern smartphone, the camera in the ONE X, both versions, is incredible. The single thing about the ONE X camera that amazes me is the burst mode. It's truly astounding how many pictures this phone can take in such a short period of time.

Regarding video, I'll try to do a comparison another day. Unfortunately, I simply don't have time today, or in the next few days.

Peter
Photography is one of my old hobbies as well. It's just one sample, but I would rather see them both in low light than perfect lighting conditions. In perfect conditions, they should both take great pics. I also agree that I wouldn't use a mobile phone to take "GOOD" pictures, but I don't have my DSLR with me at all times. It's nice to have a capable shooter on your phone for taking everyday pics you would miss otherwise. We all thank you for you time posting all this info!

JSLEnterprises
Old
Thanks Meter 1,342

DONATE TO ME
Has anyone found the colour temperature of the xl to be a bit warm (~5500k)?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLEnterprises View Post
Has anyone found the colour temperature of the xl to be a bit warm (~5500k)?
Both the X and XL use displays from two different vendors. The Sensation did too. One display's cool, the other warm. There's been variations with cool being "blue" and warm being "yellow." You can try an exchange if your display's out of spec or if you purchased it from a flexible reseller. But technically, neither is right or wrong; just different.

Jookie01
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Both the X and XL use displays from two different vendors. The Sensation did too. One display's cool, the other warm. There's been variations with cool being "blue" and warm being "yellow." You can try an exchange if your display's out of spec or if you purchased it from a flexible reseller. But technically, neither is right or wrong; just different.
I haven't noticed it but I only use my screen at 10% brightness to save on battery life.

JSLEnterprises
Old
(Last edited by JSLEnterprises; 30th April 2012 at 07:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,342

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
... same with the old DHD variants... but even with the 3 different vendors for them, the color temp was pretty much the same.

One would expect it to easily be fixed in an update I wouldn't doubt.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jookie01 View Post
I haven't noticed it but I only use my screen at 10% brightness to save on battery life.
I notice it excessively when leaving the brightness to auto. (I have mine set to about 40%)