Tip us?

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonX View Post
Maybe it was something with my phone then. I tried several times, it was always stuck on maximum scaling if it was not set to 1.4. But once I moved scaling up to 1.4 the governor would start behaving normally again. I was not using paid app, maybe that's the reason. Do you have Tegrak module loaded? It's not required to only control scaling, so maybe you didn't load it?

I actually like smartassV2, it seems to work more intelligently than ondemand.
Hmm, actually I'm only using setcpu and I have the cap set to 1.2. I've never really liked that tegrak free automatically ups the voltage even though you're not using the higher fequencies.

My setcpu profile:
1200 max, 100 min, smartassv2.

AntonX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 970

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251 View Post
Hmm, actually I'm only using setcpu and I have the cap set to 1.2. I've never really liked that tegrak free automatically ups the voltage even though you're not using the higher fequencies.
I never liked tegrak myself. It's proprietary and actually every now and then I had problems with it loading.

Neither the kernel nor SetCPU (which just sends the values to the kernel) don't have problems with smartassV2. Only Tegrak's module seemingly does.

I'm running all the way to 1.4 Ghz but only for the sake of testing. I'll throttle it down a little eventually.

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonX View Post
I never liked tegrak myself. It's proprietary and actually every now and then I had problems with it loading.

Neither the kernel nor SetCPU (which just sends the values to the kernel) don't have problems with smartassV2. Only Tegrak's module seemingly does.

I'm running all the way to 1.4 Ghz but only for the sake of testing. I'll throttle it down a little eventually.
Yeah I'm planning on relasing a new build of vb today that will use your kernel and smartassv2. It's really handy. You can do it without even using setCPU/Tegrak

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...20&postcount=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnDyX View Post
Code:
echo "smartassV2" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
[/LIST]for smartassV2 or
Code:
echo "ondemandX" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
for ondemandX governor.

AntonX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 970

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251 View Post
It's really handy. You can do it without even using setCPU/Tegrak
Yeah, I know. But for regular users it's easier to use SetCPU or similar, plus sometimes having it may help to temporarily bump the maximum if you're playing a CPU hungry game or something.

I've seen some ROMs that include SetCPU, although the developers are asking not do to that. ICS ROM for my Touchpad comes with it preinstalled.
The Following User Says Thank You to AntonX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hampsterblade
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Pushed you some changes that fix vibrate in MIUI ;P.
Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy III activated on T-Mobile
ROM: Task AOKP

nazcalito
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I have Tegrak set at 1424 MHz. Os monitor says it is getting up to 1424. Odd thing though is that quadrant scores are down by 500 with betas 4 and 5.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

hampsterblade
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazcalito View Post
I have Tegrak set at 1424 MHz. Os monitor says it is getting up to 1424. Odd thing though is that quadrant scores are down by 500 with betas 4 and 5.

Quadrant scores don't mean much, but if I had to guess, I'd say you're being slowed down by heat. OC can increase performance, but more speed means more heat, and more heat, means slower speeds. It's a curve. The optimum is about 1200, probably shouldn't go past it for any reason other than to say you did
Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy III activated on T-Mobile
ROM: Task AOKP

m0bstr
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
i just did a quadrant test and i got 2804

nazcalito
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quadrant score is higher with beta 3 I should have said.

iHelper
Old
Thanks Meter 50
The scaling was also stuck at the Max for me without Tegrak only setcpu. To fix it, I basically set the Max and min to 1400 and then set it back to my previous settings and then it started working again.

-Sent From My Amazing SGS4G-