Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at bootscreen!!

Tip us?

ThE_SoUrCe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
have you tried flashing other stock firmware?

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_SoUrCe View Post
have you tried flashing other stock firmware?
Yes , with the same problem,

Tom Ber
Old
(Last edited by Tom Ber; 29th April 2012 at 07:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Now there are two of us. I have exactly the same issue.
Tab was working fine (stock XXLB3+root from XDA), suddenly reset, 1st static logo appeared, then 2nd Samsung animeted logo, tab reseted again during 2nd logo, and now only 1st static logo shows (no loop, just hung). Going to recovery mode resets on "Copying common apks", so I cannot do anything. Download mode is working, so I tried CWM rec. & wipes: data, cache, dalvik. Tried reflashing stock LB3 (P6810) as well. No luck. @#$@$ I did nothing serious to the tab for at least 3 weeks.
Now I'm waiting for battery death.

ThE_SoUrCe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ber View Post
Now there are two of us. I have exactly the same issue.
Tab was working fine (stock XXLB3+root from XDA), suddenly reset, 1st static logo appeared, then 2nd Samsung animeted logo, tab reseted again during 2nd logo, and now only 1st static logo shows (no loop, just hung). Going to recovery mode resets on "Copying common apks", so I cannot do anything. Download mode is working, so I tried CWM rec. & wipes: data, cache, dalvik. Tried reflashing stock LB3 (P6810) as well. No luck. @#$@$ I did nothing serious to the tab for at least 3 weeks.
Now I'm waiting for battery death.
I can't wait for my battery to drain, the Samung Galaxy Tab 7.7 logo will burn in to the AMOLED screen

Tom Ber
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
I can't wait for my battery to drain, the Samung Galaxy Tab 7.7 logo will burn in to the AMOLED screen
Do you have any better idea?

I put it for 15 minutes in download mode, 1st screen, then 2nd screen, then again on samsung logo for another couple of minutes. And again download -> logo -> download.

ThE_SoUrCe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
I don't have other than prying your tab open, well, I just formatted mine few hours back, goodbye files I'm still installing some of my apps and trying to recover data as much as possible

lsherif
Old
Thanks Meter 631
Quote:
I don't have other than prying your tab open, well, I just formatted mine few hours back, goodbye files I'm still installing some of my apps and trying to recover data as much as possible
Got mine up & running again after a flat battery

Thanks for all feedbacks.

ThE_SoUrCe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsherif View Post
Got mine up & running again after a flat battery

Thanks for all feedbacks.
I shouldve done the same =(

ruffruff
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Guys, the only fix to the problem where you tried to recover to factory default and stuck at "updating application" @ recovery is battery death. Other than that, then you would need to bring it to the nearest samsung service centre for them to flash a firmware which can do a complete wipe.

Well, at least for me, i didnt have the patience to wait, so i pop by the nearest samsung centre to do a factory reset.
-------------------
HTC Desire on custom Froyo with App2SD+

Tom Ber
Old
(Last edited by Tom Ber; 30th April 2012 at 07:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffruff View Post
Guys, the only fix to the problem where you tried to recover to factory default and stuck at "updating application" @ recovery is battery death. Other than that, then you would need to bring it to the nearest samsung service centre for them to flash a firmware which can do a complete wipe.
1. I waited, and nothing changed, so I installed CWM 5.0.2.7, and tried to format /data, --> reset. No luck. Now I'm waiting for e2fsck to finish but it last really long - a lot of errors...
How can I format from adb shell /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 (/data)? using simple mke2fs shows me something about "lseek: value too large"...

2. # fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0
fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 15.7 GB, 15758000128 bytes
1 heads, 16 sectors/track, 1923584 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16 * 512 = 8192 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 1 1923584 15388671+ ee EFI GPT
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary

Nothing more....

3. I cannot mount /emmc from CWM. I can mount /cache, /system, even /data with errors (doing ls -R resets tab)

Any ideas? I did completely nothing to the tab before yesterday.