Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom] Newts One S *RLS 2.0.1* (Sense 4.1 ICS 4.0.4) 10/27/2012(Daily Driver)

Tip us?

gunfromsako
Old
Thanks Meter 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefsfempire View Post
If you are 1.4 with S-Off, running the latest RUU brings you up to 1.5 s-on.
Edit: ^^^seems I've been beaten^^^

No it does not. If you are 1.4 s-off and run ruu it gives you 1.5 s-off.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
Nah that's the beat to funky town..
Lose data or slow connectivity ? My guide for EPST / On device prl flashing

Macropoutsis
Old
(Last edited by Macropoutsis; 29th April 2012 at 09:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by METHOD1911 View Post
Fellas I got this b%$&h booting. The boot.img wasn't sticking. I flashed the boot.img with 4ext recovery. Working perfectly. Thanks to all of you that helped me.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
Good news man. Nice going.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingoonz View Post
thanks for this great from the design is tight that sense 4 with a little ics spectacular. I had problems with wifi worked it out..phone gets hot with this from though using Chad's kernel..no deal breaker what was the not being able to get my people app to work need my contacts..just can't wait for the new release!! keep up the good work

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
I can't resist. Another thanks virgin. You've just been popped.
Better than DropBox, you get more space, and its forever + free. https://copy.com?r=1t4YGN using my link you get an extra 5GB, so thats 20GB permanent storage. You can get +5GB for every referral.

If you like my work, buy me a beer

EVO LTE App Odexer
EVO LTE Theme
HTC ONE Theme

I showed her my HTC ONE. It got me laid!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macropoutsis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gunfromsako
Old
Thanks Meter 976
Quote:
Fellas I got this b%$&h booting. The boot.img wasn't sticking. I flashed the boot.img with 4ext recovery. Working perfectly. Thanks to all of you that helped me.

Congrats! I didn't want to leave it...I love ics sense. Patiently waiting for update.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Nah that's the beat to funky town..
Lose data or slow connectivity ? My guide for EPST / On device prl flashing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gunfromsako For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gene_Bailey
Old
(Last edited by pstevep; 30th April 2012 at 12:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 202
Getting on topic, I'm curious, from a technical standpoint, what would it take to get WiMax working on this?

I mean even if a release should leak tomorrow with working WiMax that was built for the 3D specifically, what bits and pieces would be needed from it to get it working on this? I ask because I prefer full functionality for a daily driver, but from reports of Sense 3.6 as opposed to 4.0 I would MUCH prefer a ported 4.0 ROM.. Lol I know we all gotta compromise something but just a question

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

blazerboy567
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboytn View Post
Thats awesome man. Glad it worked for ya. Blazer's your hero!
Told you we would get the mofo running... Congrats method

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to blazerboy567 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blazerboy567
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:

Just remember you may have flash other kernels to get back to your backup if u were having issues with this flash and wanted to restore backup flash the base rom boot.img from your backup rom the same way. Just make sure you do it before you start the restore or you gotta adb flash it. If you run chads rls3 your prior backup should boot no problem.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to blazerboy567 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jetbluebob
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthAEE View Post
oh its in my quote

Current HTC EVO 3D - Newts One S - Anthrax Sense RlS2
HW002
Kernel: Chad Sense 2
Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.4
Radio: 0.97.1.0808
Hboot: 1.40.1100 S-OFF
Ok Chad Sense 2 ? Is that the RLS 2 ? Get the new kernel RLS3

Did you wipe the dalvik ? After you flashed the Rom, did you run titanium backup and restore all your old stuff?

If you ran TB you might want to check to ensure what you are restoring, sometimes it will totally Bork the phone and mess everything up.

Can you flash a different recovery?

I have everything pretty much the same as you do, but

TouchRecovery 2 and RLS 3

Get the Catlog app too so we can see what the heck is going on, not sure if you did that but post it in the kernel section chad put out.

Sent from my EVO 3D S using xda premium
Phone Model: HTC EVO 3D

TruthAEE
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoadiyn View Post
Found a problem don't know if anyone can confirm and haven't seen it posted yet when battery is in the red and you charge it the alert of low battery pops up frequently even when plunged in to the charger. I have the update and it did this on chads rls 3 and 3a kernel.

ok this makes the fourth person with a similar issue, and please don't say we're are all idiots that don't know how to plug in our chargers, or our micro usb slot is broken, because for me personally with the phone off or in 4ext it charges just fine, can we please have one of the devs look at this for us pretty please with a cherry on top

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbluebob View Post
Ok Chad Sense 2 ? Is that the RLS 2 ? Get the new kernel RLS3

Did you wipe the dalvik ? After you flashed the Rom, did you run titanium backup and restore all your old stuff?

If you ran TB you might want to check to ensure what you are restoring, sometimes it will totally Bork the phone and mess everything up.

Can you flash a different recovery?

I have everything pretty much the same as you do, but

TouchRecovery 2 and RLS 3

Get the Catlog app too so we can see what the heck is going on, not sure if you did that but post it in the kernel section chad put out.

oh sorry I did update to rls 3 , so try flash again but this time do not Titanium restore? and get a catlog? I did kmsg should I post that or does it have to be a catlog or are they the same thing?
HTC ONE w/ ViperROM
The Following User Says Thank You to TruthAEE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ch1naski
Old
Thanks Meter 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCrystal View Post
this had to be a mod edit.. you didn't actually cuss! Jk buddy

Been following your progress on this. Even though this is quite a few posts back I thought I could share some insight to this problem. No one has suggested that you could RUU back to stock making sure you keep 1.4 hboot of course but doing so can solve some weird issues like this. I'm also hboot 1.4 running the rom through boot manager though. That has saved my HTC Heroc many times during my development on it. Haven't had the need to do so with the shooter but I thought it may be a good suggestion.

No sir. Not at all here. Running on slot 3 of boot manager myself. Reboot perhaps?
Reboot no fix! Maybe a reflash...

Quadrants are for sissies.
Quadrants are meaningless.
"God, Sense looks like anus"

jeffhbo
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Am i missing something? I installed rom correctly and wifi wasn't working, so i flashed chad's rls03, I'm still getting the following message: "Unable to connect due to an incorrect password or network issues. Would you like to try again?"
The password is 100% correct and my wifi is working fine. I even reset my network, just in case. Can anybody give me some advice? It would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
J

Tags
#i just met you and this may sound crazy but call, #me maybe, freakin-sweet, sense 4.0, swag, themikmik, yolo
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe