Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[RoM][XWLPY-4.0.4-ICS]SHOstock2 v6.2 [11/13/2012](FINAL)

OP shoman94

29th April 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #3521  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 303

1,126 posts
More
I'm surprised someone took a swipe at Shoman he's been more than helpful with me.

I will agree though that sometimes it really is a pain to "search" because it's buried with a lot of threads that ask the question where no one gives you the answer.
29th April 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #3522  
Thanks Meter: 1

164 posts
More
Okay sweet finally.

I reflashed, and restored only missing apps. That did the trick, I can finally install apps again!

Any way to get the lockscreen from 1.3? (Where you swipe right to unlock, swipe left for camera?)

Also, maybe for the next update bake in Swype?

Thanks man, this ROM is looking better than ever.
29th April 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #3523  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 12,255

8,478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshot91

Okay sweet finally.

I reflashed, and restored only missing apps. That did the trick, I can finally install apps again!

Any way to get the lockscreen from 1.3? (Where you swipe right to unlock, swipe left for camera?)

Also, maybe for the next update bake in Swype?

Thanks man, this ROM is looking better than ever.

Well.... Swype you can install separately.... But the lock screen.... at least read the change log.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #3524  
Thanks Meter: 1

164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94

Well.... Swype you can install separately.... But the lock screen.... at least read the change log.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Oh okay my fault, I didn't know that was AOSP lockscreen. I thought it was a part of ICS.

Yeah, I know you can install Swype separately, I was wondering if you had plans to integrate it, is all. It's not a big deal, just make life easier .

Thanks again.
29th April 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #3525  
Thanks Meter: 7

57 posts
Thanks for the great ROM. One suggestion: Switch to a more current ad-blocking Hosts file. The Hosts file included with this ROM was last updated in 2010. Other lists, such as the one linked to in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509997) are kept up to date. I discovered this when I was trying to figure out why Audiogalaxy wouldn't work on this ROM (an awesome service for streaming music from your PC to your phone). Turns out Audiogalaxy is blocked by the Hosts file included with this ROM (probably because in 2010, when the Hosts file was created, Audiogalaxy had not been "resurrected" from its 2003 music-piracy version to its current legitimate version, a'la Napster).
The Following User Says Thank You to adam8281 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #3526  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,970

761 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam8281

Thanks for the great ROM. One suggestion: Switch to a more current ad-blocking Hosts file. The Hosts file included with this ROM was last updated in 2010. Other lists, such as the one linked to in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509997) are kept up to date. I discovered this when I was trying to figure out why Audiogalaxy wouldn't work on this ROM (an awesome service for streaming music from your PC to your phone). Turns out Audiogalaxy is blocked by the Hosts file included with this ROM (probably because in 2010, when the Hosts file was created, Audiogalaxy had not been "resurrected" from its 2003 music-piracy version to its current legitimate version, a'la Napster).

Check out a free app called AdAway.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeboo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 09:53 PM   |  #3527  
Thanks Meter: 11

57 posts
More
I just LOVE this ROM!!! Especially how you used the one x recent apps drawer!!!!
29th April 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #3528  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
After getting the bad file message after multiple attempts to install 2.22, (yes I tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread, and did the md5 hash check) I decided to take my chances and download directly to my phone (over my very fast, very stable wifi connection). It flashed fine. Something is getting corrupted during USB transfer for 2.22 that wasn't happening for previous versions...Shoman this may be something you wanna look at. Great job overall!
29th April 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #3529  
Flag Kenosha, WI
Thanks Meter: 39

229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 105108

After getting the bad file message after multiple attempts to install 2.22, (yes I tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread, and did the md5 hash check) I decided to take my chances and download directly to my phone (over my very fast, very stable wifi connection). It flashed fine. Something is getting corrupted during USB transfer for 2.22 that wasn't happening for previous versions...Shoman this may be something you wanna look at. Great job overall!

It was mentioned earlier quite a few times it was a problem with MTP that is why it was removed in the current version.
29th April 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #3530  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 12,255

8,478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshot91

Oh okay my fault, I didn't know that was AOSP lockscreen. I thought it was a part of ICS.

Yeah, I know you can install Swype separately, I was wondering if you had plans to integrate it, is all. It's not a big deal, just make life easier .

Thanks again.

No problem.... I don;'t like to include it since not everyone uses it and its the beta anyways. I keep the swype beta installer in my backup so from a full wipe its just a click away. During updates its always there so no big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam8281

Thanks for the kick in the butt... but I have one dated March30,2012 that I KEEP FORGETTING to put in the damn updates. I got it in there now and I will include it tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonman11

I just LOVE this ROM!!! Especially how you used the one x recent apps drawer!!!!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 105108

Should be anymore issues.... MTP has been KILLED.... well as long as you stay with CherryPicker Kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to shoman94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beast, best kernel, cherrypicker, mhl compatible, sgh-i777, shostock, shostock2
Previous Thread Next Thread