Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,960 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RoM][XWLPY-4.0.4-ICS]SHOstock2 v6.2 [11/13/2012](FINAL)

Tip us?

Nosferatu.
Old
Thanks Meter 294
I'm surprised someone took a swipe at Shoman he's been more than helpful with me.

I will agree though that sometimes it really is a pain to "search" because it's buried with a lot of threads that ask the question where no one gives you the answer.
LG G3 D851
Rooted with some Xposed tweaks, Stock (for now)

NEXUS 7 (2013)
ROM: Dirty KitKat 4.4.4

NEXUS 5
ROM: Dirty KitKat 4.4.4

Old: Galaxy S4, Galaxy S2, Nexus 7 (original)

fireshot91
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Okay sweet finally.

I reflashed, and restored only missing apps. That did the trick, I can finally install apps again!

Any way to get the lockscreen from 1.3? (Where you swipe right to unlock, swipe left for camera?)

Also, maybe for the next update bake in Swype?

Thanks man, this ROM is looking better than ever.
Moto Razr -> Moto Q ->iPhone 2G -> iPhone 3GS -> Samsung Captivate -> Blackberry Bold-> Samsung Captivate ->iPhone 3GS -> Moto Q -> Galaxy S2 -> iPhone 4 -> HTC Titan -> Galaxy Note -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4

shoman94
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshot91 View Post
Okay sweet finally.

I reflashed, and restored only missing apps. That did the trick, I can finally install apps again!

Any way to get the lockscreen from 1.3? (Where you swipe right to unlock, swipe left for camera?)

Also, maybe for the next update bake in Swype?

Thanks man, this ROM is looking better than ever.
Well.... Swype you can install separately.... But the lock screen.... at least read the change log.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
IRC: freenode|#shostock

Asus Transformer Prime[32gb]
CROMBi-kk-4.4.2

Asus Transformer[16gb]
KatKiss-4.4.2

fireshot91
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Well.... Swype you can install separately.... But the lock screen.... at least read the change log.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Oh okay my fault, I didn't know that was AOSP lockscreen. I thought it was a part of ICS.

Yeah, I know you can install Swype separately, I was wondering if you had plans to integrate it, is all. It's not a big deal, just make life easier .

Thanks again.
Moto Razr -> Moto Q ->iPhone 2G -> iPhone 3GS -> Samsung Captivate -> Blackberry Bold-> Samsung Captivate ->iPhone 3GS -> Moto Q -> Galaxy S2 -> iPhone 4 -> HTC Titan -> Galaxy Note -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> iPhone 4

adam8281
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks for the great ROM. One suggestion: Switch to a more current ad-blocking Hosts file. The Hosts file included with this ROM was last updated in 2010. Other lists, such as the one linked to in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509997) are kept up to date. I discovered this when I was trying to figure out why Audiogalaxy wouldn't work on this ROM (an awesome service for streaming music from your PC to your phone). Turns out Audiogalaxy is blocked by the Hosts file included with this ROM (probably because in 2010, when the Hosts file was created, Audiogalaxy had not been "resurrected" from its 2003 music-piracy version to its current legitimate version, a'la Napster).
The Following User Says Thank You to adam8281 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jeboo
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3934

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam8281 View Post
Thanks for the great ROM. One suggestion: Switch to a more current ad-blocking Hosts file. The Hosts file included with this ROM was last updated in 2010. Other lists, such as the one linked to in this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509997) are kept up to date. I discovered this when I was trying to figure out why Audiogalaxy wouldn't work on this ROM (an awesome service for streaming music from your PC to your phone). Turns out Audiogalaxy is blocked by the Hosts file included with this ROM (probably because in 2010, when the Hosts file was created, Audiogalaxy had not been "resurrected" from its 2003 music-piracy version to its current legitimate version, a'la Napster).
Check out a free app called AdAway.
The Binary Won. Thank you to all the donors!
Check out HomerBall, my free app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ag87.homerball
The Following User Says Thank You to jeboo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonman11
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I just LOVE this ROM!!! Especially how you used the one x recent apps drawer!!!!
Current Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4

Phone ROM: GPE

Phone Kernel: Stock, no unlock

Old
Thanks Meter 3
After getting the bad file message after multiple attempts to install 2.22, (yes I tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread, and did the md5 hash check) I decided to take my chances and download directly to my phone (over my very fast, very stable wifi connection). It flashed fine. Something is getting corrupted during USB transfer for 2.22 that wasn't happening for previous versions...Shoman this may be something you wanna look at. Great job overall!

wildcard30
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 105108 View Post
After getting the bad file message after multiple attempts to install 2.22, (yes I tried all the suggestions mentioned in this thread, and did the md5 hash check) I decided to take my chances and download directly to my phone (over my very fast, very stable wifi connection). It flashed fine. Something is getting corrupted during USB transfer for 2.22 that wasn't happening for previous versions...Shoman this may be something you wanna look at. Great job overall!
It was mentioned earlier quite a few times it was a problem with MTP that is why it was removed in the current version.
Current Phones:
32GB Nexus 5
Rom: PA

Samsung Galaxy SV (AT&T)
Stock Unrooted

Current Tablets:
32GB Note 10.1 2014
ROM: Stock Unrooted

32GB Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom: PA

shoman94
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 12167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshot91 View Post
Oh okay my fault, I didn't know that was AOSP lockscreen. I thought it was a part of ICS.

Yeah, I know you can install Swype separately, I was wondering if you had plans to integrate it, is all. It's not a big deal, just make life easier .

Thanks again.
No problem.... I don;'t like to include it since not everyone uses it and its the beta anyways. I keep the swype beta installer in my backup so from a full wipe its just a click away. During updates its always there so no big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam8281 View Post
Thanks for the kick in the butt... but I have one dated March30,2012 that I KEEP FORGETTING to put in the damn updates. I got it in there now and I will include it tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonman11 View Post
I just LOVE this ROM!!! Especially how you used the one x recent apps drawer!!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 105108 View Post
Should be anymore issues.... MTP has been KILLED.... well as long as you stay with CherryPicker Kernel.
IRC: freenode|#shostock

Asus Transformer Prime[32gb]
CROMBi-kk-4.4.2

Asus Transformer[16gb]
KatKiss-4.4.2

The Following User Says Thank You to shoman94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
beast, best kernel, cherrypicker, mhl compatible, sgh-i777, shostock, shostock2