[app]Make Your Own Android Browser!!

OP buildyourbrowser

29th April 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #31  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 45

39 posts
More
What other areas of the browser do you want to be customizable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh3en

i think is very good. i hope add more option

29th April 2012, 10:33 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 3

8 posts
very good!
29th April 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #33  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 31

292 posts
Donate to Me
More
As Maxthon's USA Ambassador, I'm very proud to see so much positive attention towards this new feature that the Devs have been working on!

Any questions about this, let me know, I'll help you as much as I can!
30th April 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #34  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco

39 posts
More
@jasKaos, maybe you can make a browser and put it in your ROM as the default...
30th April 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #35  
Flag Gorontalo
Thanks Meter: 106

334 posts
More
Great.
From now we have own customize browser
thanks.
30th April 2012, 05:41 AM   |  #36  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 245

941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildyourbrowser

What other areas of the browser do you want to be customizable?

The ability to download images LOL. I mean, as is, can't do it without force closing. The images -- this happened three times -- came from Imgur by way of Reddit, if that matters (should it?).

Haha. No, really, that is a valid question and I thank you for asking it. Maybe an option to replace Maxthon's sync with Mozilla's... That would be awesome. Or the ability to not have a splash screen at all. Maybe have some options pre-configured, like privacy settings and user agent, maybe.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk
30th April 2012, 06:10 AM   |  #37  
THE BEAUTIFUL S.F. BAY AREA
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildyourbrowser

That's pretty ambitious...

BYB yes, an HTML READERS BROWSER (w/PGDN button built in) is ambitious. It's a commercial concept and I personally would shell out $10 for it, I find reading articles on (any) tablet browser that irritating. For a reader this is the equivalent of a speed bump -- constantly swiping, swiping. If you don't think we avid readers won't shell out just to be parolled from crudely trying to scroll our page down by one pixel-perfect screen with clumsy finger swiping -- a regrettable holdover from pre-tablet days, before screens found their sweet spot with the 10" tablet architecture -- then you don't know avid readers! The first developer who figures this out is in the bukoo, it's the achilles heel of mobile computing.

Navigation is everything and this one menu-bar button(s) -- not the sexiest, just the most fundamental -- will be core to any tablet owner who reads articles & blogs. Remember when eInk was first introduced? It wasn't sexy, it was something much more valuable to Kindle owners: comfortable.
30th April 2012, 06:45 AM   |  #38  
Flag Missouri

721 posts
More
Thanks for this customizable browser, what a great idea. It would be cool to have a holo theme available. Thanks again.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 08:56 AM   |  #39  
Flag North Carolina

941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coydroid

BYB yes, an HTML READERS BROWSER (w/PGDN button built in) is ambitious. It's a commercial concept and I personally would shell out $10 for it, I find reading articles on (any) tablet browser that irritating. For a reader this is the equivalent of a speed bump -- constantly swiping, swiping. If you don't think we avid readers won't shell out just to be parolled from crudely trying to scroll our page down by one pixel-perfect screen with clumsy finger swiping -- a regrettable holdover from pre-tablet days, before screens found their sweet spot with the 10" tablet architecture -- then you don't know avid readers! The first developer who figures this out is in the bukoo, it's the achilles heel of mobile computing.

Navigation is everything and this one menu-bar button(s) -- not the sexiest, just the most fundamental -- will be core to any tablet owner who reads articles & blogs. Remember when eInk was first introduced? It wasn't sexy, it was something much more valuable to Kindle owners: comfortable.

Have you considered that something other than a web browser may be what you're looking for? I mean, obviously you want to browse web sites, right? But you're not interacting with Web 2.0, e.g. Facebook, you're reading things. So, maybe you want a reader app?

What about something like Pocket? Formerly known as Read it Later, you share web pages with it, and then read them later in its program, which used to cost a buck or two, but is now free. There's also Readability, also free. Do either of these support paging? I don't know. Pocket sounds like something I'd use twice a year. I got it for free when it was a paid app, and never installed it. But it -- both of these -- sound like what you're looking for. I skimmed the features, and I'm not sure they have paging, but maybe they're worth your time to check out.

P.S.: If one of those does what you want, you can donate that $10 you were offering either to the dev of the app, or XDA.
Last edited by dragontology; 30th April 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: adding the postscript
The Following User Says Thank You to dragontology For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 03:32 PM   |  #40  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco

39 posts
More
What do you think of the idea that everyone can create their own theme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man

Thanks for this customizable browser, what a great idea. It would be cool to have a holo theme available. Thanks again.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by buildyourbrowser; 30th April 2012 at 03:38 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread