29th April 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
More
Great phone go ahead.
30th April 2012, 12:17 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 27

206 posts
I is a good phone,i never had any problems and i meane any. I have it for over a year.

sent from my optimus 2x or samsung galaxy s 5.0 wi-fi
30th April 2012, 02:23 PM   |  #13  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 82

463 posts
More
Physically the strongest phone I've used! matches the Nokia 3310 as far as im concerned, missed my pockets many of times and its gone crashing down to the concrete, screen hasn't cracked. I always use a screen protector so idk about scratches.
Stock roms are pretty slow, you cannot brick this phone so why not try Temaseks CM7? Lightning fast

Everyone loves to complain about the battery but that's life, depends how you use it.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #14  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 509

601 posts
More
It's a good device IMHO. Latest updates should keep you pretty much satisfied with it.

Sent using some sticks and gum, just as McGyver would
30th April 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 42

253 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungulz

Physically the strongest phone I've used! matches the Nokia 3310 as far as im concerned, missed my pockets many of times and its gone crashing down to the concrete, screen hasn't cracked. I always use a screen protector so idk about scratches.
Stock roms are pretty slow, you cannot brick this phone so why not try Temaseks CM7? Lightning fast

Everyone loves to complain about the battery but that's life, depends how you use it.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2

As Mungulz has said, its almost can be possible to brick this device. Its great for trying new roms if your new to the custom world (:

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA
1st May 2012, 11:03 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 7

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkara

Do not buy this. It is a fail phone.

Sorry to say but i actually agree.

The problems i had:
- for three months i couldn't make calls under 3g regardless of baseband /ril combo or rom. I wasn't the only one witht his problem, other people with LG had this problem too.
- the radio of the phone goes off randomly if you are in area with bad coverage and doesn't come back until you restart the phone.
- i have four bars and still sometime i can't receive calls, one time i was waiting a phone call and i was actually watching the phone and saw full coverage, i received a sms from my carrier saying " somebody called you while you were unreachable". It's a known problem that lg has never fixed, some devices have this problem some don't.

There are better phones for your money, personally i'll never buy anything from lg again. The 2x is a cheap phone with performance yes but it misses an important part: the phone itself (phone calls, radio signal) sucks.
1st May 2012, 12:49 PM   |  #17  
Flag Szentendre
Thanks Meter: 71

469 posts
More
Calling quality is bad, other than that, you can find many roms for it, that can work well and suit all your needs.

Sent from my LG Optimus 2x with xda premium app
1st May 2012, 01:10 PM   |  #18  
Flag Szentendre
Thanks Meter: 71

469 posts
More
But I wouldnt spend more than 200 bucks on it.

Sent from my LG Optimus 2x with xda premium app
1st May 2012, 01:52 PM   |  #19  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 16

100 posts
More
Got this phone secondhand for 190 euros. the phone will be overheated if you use it heavily during charging. No problem otherwise
1st May 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #20  
Flag Foggia, Italy
Thanks Meter: 14

73 posts
More
If you want to buy it as second-hand phone (about 200) I think you are going to make a good choise..if you are going to spend 300 or more, you are doing a bad choise..the hardware is very good but the 2x tegra2 platform is no more supported by nvidia and lg is not so good in making software..so I think you are obliged to install a custom rom

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread