Current setup, really simple.
Apex Launcher with 5x5 grid
I have this set up so I never need to go into the app drawer. There are 3 dock rows. The left one has a shortcut to running apps, banking app, app drawer, Google Wallet, and Google Goggles; the center one (the one in screen shots) has dialer, people, folder with most used apps, MMS, and Chrome; the right one has shortcuts to my 3 most contacted people, apex settings, and phone settings.
Screens from left to right:
- Get stuff done - Pure Calendar, productivity apps folder, root apps folder, and language learning apps folder
- Social - Twicca widget, Tapatalk, G+, Foursquare, Facebook, and folder of lesser used social apps
- Home screen - UCCW, Beautiful widgets 1x1 weather
- Media - Google Music widget, Audio Manager widget, Photo apps folder, Kindle, Google Reader, Android Comic Viewer, and a folder of lesser used media apps
- Games - Misc., Shooters, Racing, Board games, Puzzle, Action/RPG, Word games, Tower Defense, Angry Birds (yes I know I have a lot of games)