Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more

[Q] galaxy player 5 international soft bricked

27th April 2012, 05:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I recently got a galaxy player 5 international with froyo. I rooted it with no problems, but when I tried to flash a kernel with cwm recovery it would get stuck in a boot loop unless i went into the cwm recovery mode. I noticed that the kernel I used, rumirand's r14, was based off of GB and thought that might be my problem. I tried updating my firmware to GB using WT Ho's custom rom, and now it just hangs on the samsung logo, but I can still get into cwm. I made sure to wipe both caches and wipe data before installing the rom. Is this fixable or have I turned it into an expensive paperweight?
27th April 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Réunion Island, Saint-Denis
Thanks Meter: 25

176 posts
More
Did you try a factory reset?
27th April 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 217

801 posts
I am not expert but i tried the same with R14 kernel and bricked but done the same with R13 and it worked .
27th April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4evernoob

Did you try a factory reset?

Now or before installing the rom? I did a factory reset before installing, but I haven't done one since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZonikg

I am not expert but i tried the same with R14 kernel and bricked but done the same with R13 and it worked .

I just flashed the R13 kernel, but I'm still in the same situation.
28th April 2012, 11:17 AM   |  #5  
Flag Réunion Island, Saint-Denis
Thanks Meter: 25

176 posts
More
Instead of flashing a new kernel there should be factory reset option on the first set you have or in "mounts and storage"
28th April 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag Goiânia
Thanks Meter: 33

111 posts
More
Talking
I had this problem once and I managed to solve it flashing a full rom (like 2.3.5 rooted and with rj kernel). It seems some users are having problems when flashing only the kernel. After you solve the problem, flash back group rom.
29th April 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I just tried the rom+kernel. It said it was successful but it must not have been because it was hanging on boot again, and now it won't respond to the power button. If I plug it in to the computer it gets an image of a battery turns off and repeats.
29th April 2012, 09:06 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 91

238 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmaster

I just tried the rom+kernel. It said it was successful but it must not have been because it was hanging on boot again, and now it won't respond to the power button. If I plug it in to the computer it gets an image of a battery turns off and repeats.

Can you go back to CWM after flashing rom+kernel? If yes, usually it is a matter of wiping the data and Dalvik cache. Which ROM+Kernel did you flashed?
29th April 2012, 11:58 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Ho

Can you go back to CWM after flashing rom+kernel? If yes, usually it is a matter of wiping the data and Dalvik cache. Which ROM+Kernel did you flashed?

No, I'm not able to get a response from the power button.

I used the ROM + kernel you posted http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1446774

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread