Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any good place to sell my GS2 i777?

OP EternalPal

23rd April 2012, 01:22 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarlow

Yes, you need a CDMA/LTE Galaxy Nexus for Verizon. The i777 will not work on Verizon.

None of AT&T's LTE phones will work on Verizon, even if unlocked. What AT&T calls 4G that isn't LTE, their HSPA+, is also referred to as WCDMA, plus their 3G is called WCDMA, but its not CDMA like Verizon or Sprint. If that wasn't confusing enough both AT&T and Verizon use 700 MHz LTE, but they are not using the same section of the 700 range so they are not interoperable. Unlike EDGE (2G) that s interopeable on AT&T vs T-Mobile. And some regions of AT&T and T-Mobile se the same 3G frequencies, so some 3G phones have limited functionality on both GSM networks.

Basic rule of thumb, for best results get a phone specifically made for your carrier.

Yeah it was a gift so i didnt really have a say in it. but thanks for the info none the less
26th April 2012, 05:06 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
I just brought the price down to 300 on swappa incase anyone is interested.
29th April 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #13  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,047

4,452 posts
More
These phones aren't going to sell for nearly what they could a few months ago sadly. U can grab one for almost nothing nowadays by signing up for new contract. I got mine for a hundred. But u see them for as low as 25 bucks.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
29th April 2012, 08:49 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 141

1,269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx7621

These phones aren't going to sell for nearly what they could a few months ago sadly. U can grab one for almost nothing nowadays by signing up for new contract. I got mine for a hundred. But u see them for as low as 25 bucks.

I got mine for a penny during Black Friday on Amazon. I've seen people asking $400-$500 for a GS2 on Craigslist, though.
30th April 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #15  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,047

4,452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raduque

I got mine for a penny during Black Friday on Amazon. I've seen people asking $400-$500 for a GS2 on Craigslist, though.

Yeah I know, it'll take those people a bit to realize but the price will steadily decline. Not like horrible but.....meh. I don't care I'm never selling this bitch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread