Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 44,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel 2.6.32-2.6.25 and initrd update with lot of changes

Tip us?

l1q1d
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
you can do it using boot menu or using atools

BeenAndroidized
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1q1d View Post
you can do it using boot menu or using atools
I am currently unable to use boot menu. Everytime I boot up I get error, this is what I am seeing everytime I turn on the phone. It will boot into linux console and do a lot of scrolling and end up with these message:

Quote:
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/xbin/su failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/xbin/su failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/etc/ppp failed: No such file or directory

mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/etc/ppp failed:Invalid argument

Init: Unable to open persistant property directory /data/property errno: 2
And how do I do that from Atools?
Current Phone: Galaxy S II [i777] > ROM: SHOstock3 Latest Released!!! [Got My Jelly Bean as of 1/29/2013]
Retired Phone: G1 Black 32B (unlocked) on AT&T | (Bricked as of 11/1/2011 [Due to my $tuP!t!d!ty for not using fastboot WARNING])
--------------
If this or any post here on xda helped you please click the thanks button, and if you want to buy me a cup of coffee you can click the donate button!

BeenAndroidized
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Nevermind, I found out why I was getting the error. Thanks for your help.
Current Phone: Galaxy S II [i777] > ROM: SHOstock3 Latest Released!!! [Got My Jelly Bean as of 1/29/2013]
Retired Phone: G1 Black 32B (unlocked) on AT&T | (Bricked as of 11/1/2011 [Due to my $tuP!t!d!ty for not using fastboot WARNING])
--------------
If this or any post here on xda helped you please click the thanks button, and if you want to buy me a cup of coffee you can click the donate button!

tomcug
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenAndroidized View Post
Nevermind, I found out why I was getting the error. Thanks for your help.
Any progress ?

BeenAndroidized
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
Any progress ?
Nope! Downloaded kernel edited with Atools flashed it (more than once). Then tried to flash the ROM. And I am still stuck at the linux console after flashed. ??? And my darn phone keep rebooting....
--------------

biztonsagi
Old
(Last edited by biztonsagi; 16th November 2011 at 11:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi l1q1d,

Your kernel seem to be the most stable for me with Fat Free Froyo, 1.71.09.01, but after days of searching the data connection does not want to work. 3g appears sometimes, but never connects.

Using Haret, Installed update, APN set, rebooted many times with/without data connection running in WM (phone works best with data connected in WM before reboot), I am not sure if I need to put those commands too found in this thread, and where to put it.

Sorry for this, if it was asked many times, I just want to stick with this kernel, since it is so stable for me.

Everything else works flowlessly,

Thanks in advance,
Andras

PS.: 1. There might be 2 other reasons, card is not formatted to FAT32, but FAT
2. I have win 6 installed only. I thought I would ask before reinstalling everything.

biztonsagi
Old
(Last edited by biztonsagi; 16th November 2011 at 12:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Since then formatted card to fat 32, tried many other kernels, but this one is the most realiable, but still no data connection with any of the radios, anyone has an idea how to make data connection work?

3g appears sometimes, Modem application says data is connected, but there is no net...

I am using Fat Free Froyo:: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944749

BeenAndroidized
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by biztonsagi View Post
Since then formatted card to fat 32, tried many other kernels, but this one is the most realiable, but still no data connection with any of the radios, anyone has an idea how to make data connection work?

3g appears sometimes, Modem application says data is connected, but there is no net...

I am using Fat Free Froyo:: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944749
Try re-flashing the ROM after you update the kernel, radio, etc...
--------------

mfsr98
Old
Thanks Meter 281
I'm getting the error: "apply modules/androidupdate.tgz failed from sourceforge"
I don't know what to do anymore... (booting with haret for install on SD Card)
Galaxy Nexus i9250
ROM: CyanogenMod (Kitkat 4.4.2)
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: Stock
Bootloader: Unlocked
HTC Touch HD
ROM: IceBread
Kernel: fagyi's
SPL: hard-SPL1.56
Recovery: CWM
Radio: 1.17.25.09
HTC tytn II
ROM: eOS WinMo 6.1
SPL: hard-SPL3.56
Radio: 1.70.18.02

n2rjt
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsr98 View Post
I'm getting the error: "apply modules/androidupdate.tgz failed from sourceforge"
I don't know what to do anymore... (booting with haret for install on SD Card)
Kernel (zImage) and modules (in androidupdate.tgz) need to match. It is not a very convenient install process though. Put the zImage and androidupdate.tgz files onto your SD in /sdcard/andboot folder, and use Haret to boot into Linux. As soon as you see the Penguin, push the center of the screen until you get the menu. Then install updates, and continue to boot. If you still have problems, I can't be very helpful since I don't use my Kaiser anymore.
In fact, if anyone in US wants a Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) for the cost of shipping, PM me.
My Devices, newest to oldest:
* TV box: Rikomagic MK802 IV; stock (Android 4.2.2)
* TV box: Rikomagic MK802+; Uberoid (Android 4.0.2)
* Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro/GSM); stock (Android 4.3) w/ Fancy Kernel
* Tablet: Motorola Xoom; stock (Android 4.1.2)
* Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium) [dead] Android 2.3
* Phone: HTC Kaiser; Android 2.2 "Fresh Froyo"
* Phone: HTC Wizard; WM6.1 Ham3r H3r7

The Following User Says Thank You to n2rjt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]