No registration required

[GUIDE] Installing a Rom/CWM recovery/Root or going back to Stock

OP droidstyle

26th April 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #481  
Thanks Meter: 5

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

na I dont see any differences yet...only been running it for 10min tho. Honestly unless you like google+ the older v7 2/14/12 gapps will work just fine aswell.

If you install an older version of GAPPS, wouldn't they just automatically update anyway? I noticed this morning that Google Maps updated itself (I have all my apps set to auto-update).
27th April 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #482  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,413

6,172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2816

If you install an older version of GAPPS, wouldn't they just automatically update anyway? I noticed this morning that Google Maps updated itself (I have all my apps set to auto-update).

Correct me if wrong but I believe the 3/17 & 4/22 have google+ and g. voice, which are not included in the 2/14 gapps package.
30th April 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #483  
Thanks Meter: 173

489 posts
More
I would like to thank you for this guide...I have flashed and reflashed ROMs using your guide. Works great.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to greatdaneduke For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 05:05 AM   |  #484  
Thanks Meter: 153

709 posts
More
I finally had some free time today to try out the CM9 based Roms (now you can stop nagging me droidstyle ). This guide was a life saver. I've checked out Gummy, the latest Kang nightly and am currently settling on AOKP Milestone 5. I agree that it doesn't make sense that this thread isn't stickied as it's the best guide out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to scarfman4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 07:47 PM   |  #485  
Thanks Meter: 5

90 posts
You know the only thing that bugs me about AOKP? That new versions come out so frequently. I mean, it's great that the devs are working so hard to squash bugs and add features, but just four days after I upgraded from 32 to 34 they release Milestone 5 (with the admonition to do a full wipe). I spend too much time backing up and reconfiguring my phone to keep up.
2nd May 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #486  
Flag Fort Wayne

6,172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2816

You know the only thing that bugs me about AOKP? That new versions come out so frequently. I mean, it's great that the devs are working so hard to squash bugs and add features, but just four days after I upgraded from 32 to 34 they release Milestone 5 (with the admonition to do a full wipe). I spend too much time backing up and reconfiguring my phone to keep up.

hey its better than no development right? ill take it all day long...keep it coming team kang and glitch!!
The Following User Says Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2012, 05:08 AM   |  #487  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 102

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle

hey its better than no development right? ill take it all day long...keep it coming team kang and glitch!!

"I don't always flash, but when I do, its AOKP UNICORN! Stay Glitchy my friends"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to icemanwbs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #488  
Thanks Meter: 103

751 posts
I found a few issues with the Section 4. When I tried installing gapps, it gave me some errors and wouldnt let me type because of a process.core stopped running. Well yesterday I redid the whole thing only this time I installed Gummy and everything works fine expect for two things. The GPS doesnt work and android market isnt there. I tried to install the apk and the modded version but they wont run on it. So is there another set-up you would recommend that would help fix these issues?
8th May 2012, 06:37 PM   |  #489  
Thanks Meter: 139

725 posts
Wanted to say thanks for the awesome guide. it was really well done. I have been flashing my Kindle Fire for a while, but was hesitant to do it with my phone. But your guide made it very quick and easy. Great job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aesrys For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #490  
Flag Fort Wayne

6,172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrahn

I found a few issues with the Section 4. When I tried installing gapps, it gave me some errors and wouldnt let me type because of a process.core stopped running. Well yesterday I redid the whole thing only this time I installed Gummy and everything works fine expect for two things. The GPS doesnt work and android market isnt there. I tried to install the apk and the modded version but they wont run on it. So is there another set-up you would recommend that would help fix these issues?

the problem is not section 4...follow instructions to a T and you will have no issues, unless your sd card is on its way out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread