Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 55,180 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will this ever be possible?

Tip us?

laptopdragon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have set my wallpaper, but don't remember how.
it was an app that allowed it, but then i didn't like it for some other reason and deleted it.

the more i use this stupid windoesn't phone, the more i HATE it.
my old G1 is so much more versatile.

helterskelter
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister1 View Post
Well that's just disapointing; at this rate I don't see WP going any where but down hill with it's you can't do this or that restrictions.
The iPhone is pretty successfull for a restricted OS, wouldn't you say?

I'm sick of people saying WP is 2. rate because it's limited yet the most popular phone OS ever is just as, or even more, limited.
The Following User Says Thank You to helterskelter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tai4de2
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I'll say what I said on the "can I install Android on my WP7 xxx handset" threads: choice is bad! I hope you never get to the level of customization where you can Androidify WP7's Metro.

sinister1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
LOL, having a start screen wallpaper won't Androidify the Metro at all, just allow for personalization. WP is really going no where just look at it's Market share will at least here in the U.S. To top it all off now all of a suddent for no apperent reason, I can't send picture attachments from my phone at all. I try to keep a posotive attitude towards the plat form but this is just rediculous. I am starting to dislike WP again little by little.

lovenokia
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinister1 View Post
LOL, having a start screen wallpaper won't Androidify the Metro at all, just allow for personalization. WP is really going no where just look at it's Market share will at least here in the U.S. To top it all off now all of a suddent for no apperent reason, I can't send picture attachments from my phone at all. I try to keep a posotive attitude towards the plat form but this is just rediculous. I am starting to dislike WP again little by little.
seriously? windows phone market share is growing in the us, last time i saw was at 7% and rising. The nokia lumia 900 is getting a lot of marketing, in may and june there will be even more marketing and now every employee must sell one of those phones monthly. If anything windows phone is getting on the rise now espically when att is sick of taking orders from apple and verizon and joining that bandwagon too.

sinister1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenokia View Post
seriously? windows phone market share is growing in the us, last time i saw was at 7% and rising. The nokia lumia 900 is getting a lot of marketing, in may and june there will be even more marketing and now every employee must sell one of those phones monthly. If anything windows phone is getting on the rise now espically when att is sick of taking orders from apple and verizon and joining that bandwagon too.
Nokia is doing a good job and so are other phone makers like HTC there is no question about it but it is MS it's self that is holding back the full potential of what Windows Phone could be. Hopeful with the release of Windows Phone 8 this will all change but they just keep us holding out for nothing. And not to argue but 7% is nothing. I have a Windows Phone; you know how many other people have a Windows Phone? Maybe 1. The truth is the truth and the numbers speak for them selves.