[REVIEW] Engadget ASUS TF300

28th April 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 9

121 posts
I bought one three days ago and got the dock today. I must say, this is an amazing tablet. I've used extensively the Galaxy 10.1, Lenovo K1, Acer 500 and this is by far and away the best I have used. There is a slight gap on the back plate but nothing to complain about, just nitpicking. The Dock fits perfectly but when you open the screen for normal use it doesn't stay on the rubber feet which I don't really care for but it does have two small ridges that come out of the hinges keeping the main frame from rubbing against whatever it's lying on although I imagine the paint on those two ridges will fade pretty quickly. Quadrants are in the low to mid 4k's. Every once in a while when a web page is finishing loading it can studder but for the most part everything is very smooth. The speaker is sufficiently loud. The HDMI works flawlessly on multiple LCD's that I have tried them on, no studdering on the TV, whatever I do on the tablet works the same on the TV. Battery life with the dock is amazing although I bet that goes the same with the last two Transformers. I used as my primary form of work yesterday for four hours using Pocket Cloud and it was faster than any Tablet I have used before and close in performance to my desktop at home which has a triple core AMD and 8GB of DDR2 ram, and the tablet running off of a hospital waiting room compared to my house with a 20Mbs connection. All in all, I didn't want to spend the money on the Prime, I got this and the dock for around $50 more than the Prime itself and I am extremely satisfied. I can't wait for the rooting to start on this one if only to overclock a little...with this battery life I can definitely afford it. Sorry if In am ranting, but I haven't seen anyone that owns the product mention anything yet.
28th April 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #22  
Flag Terre Haute
Thanks Meter: 1,330

1,155 posts
Donate to Me
More
Actually agree whole heartedly. This thing rocks, looking forward to any development that is in the works.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using xda premium
30th April 2012, 05:57 AM   |  #23  
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 39

349 posts
More
Talking
Finally they got to best buy. Just in time for my trip to mcallen tx today. (I. I'm from Mexico) 380+150=530+taxes
I have to say.. GPS is amazingly fast on this thing.
As for wifi. I haven't had any issues yet, I'm connected with the router in another floor. And is connecting fine...
I connected
d it to the TV through a mini HDMI cable . And it showed almost all the screen.

(Its Wifi only which is OK for the price I think, but I expected it with as the Asus page never said optional as with the pad infinity hahahaah)

I haven't tried any games yet ... but Gmail looks pretty nice on a tablet screen.

I love my new tablet

Now I have to sell my g-tablet....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread