Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I really need help (IMEI)

OP victorbeta123

29th April 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Hi guys, first thing i need to tell you its about my english, i speak really bad. But please, try to understand me hehehe

I was updating my rom for Galaxy S I9000B, and I forgot to backup my efs folder.. So, I lost my imei.. I was trying to rename nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 to nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5, but i was looking the date and its the same date (the date same date that i updated my Galaxy), so nothing happens.. my nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are corrupted too :/

Im from Brazil, and sorry for my really bad english.. But please, someone can help me?
30th April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ice-Cream Sandwich CITY!!! ;);)
Thanks Meter: 83

1,388 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorbeta123

Hi guys, first thing i need to tell you its about my english, i speak really bad. But please, try to understand me hehehe

I was updating my rom for Galaxy S I9000B, and I forgot to backup my efs folder.. So, I lost my imei.. I was trying to rename nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 to nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5, but i was looking the date and its the same date (the date same date that i updated my Galaxy), so nothing happens.. my nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are corrupted too :/

Im from Brazil, and sorry for my really bad english.. But please, someone can help me?

i am quite new to this as well but are you talking about when you were flashing a new rom?
30th April 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
yea, i have flashed a new rom, and lost my imei.. now my imei finish with 4000.. :/
30th April 2012, 06:07 AM   |  #4  
Flag Ice-Cream Sandwich CITY!!! ;);)
Thanks Meter: 83

1,388 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

yea, i have flashed a new rom, and lost my imei.. now my imei finish with 4000.. :/

really thats kinda weird because i flashed 2 roms without having any problems about losing my imei number.
Or maybe i did but i didn't know! :P
30th April 2012, 08:18 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 532

2,343 posts
do a search on imei, but i think some people have had their imei restored after flashing stock rom. dont forget to backup efs afterwards, you may have a backup already as some apps back it up (search for efs)

Sent using TCP/IP
30th April 2012, 10:35 AM   |  #6  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 128

409 posts
More
If you don't have back up the solution is to flash a stock rom through odin. This should restore everything. I think you can also flash darky resurrection rom but not 100% on that.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
30th April 2012, 11:46 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 48

163 posts
More
Quote:

How to back up the IMEI http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859914

Flashing back to Stock ROM or Darky's 10.2 should restore your IMEI

o seu Inglês não é tão ruim
30th April 2012, 12:07 PM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 53

106 posts
and have you made a backup of the /efs/ partition after you have lost the imei, there might have been the correct file backed up - now it is a mess probably

so here is the simple guide how to revert the imei [GUIDE] Recover your IMEI in 9 steps.
i think you were missing chown 1001:radio /efs/nv_data.bin

and here gereat tool to backup /efs/ partition
[TOOL] Updated! 13/04/12 - EFS Pro v1.4.7 - Advanced '/efs' Backup and Restore!

pick backup to tar and location pc - worked for me, sometimes app likes to crah but it works. jut check the tar file if all files are there after proces

good luck
30th April 2012, 04:34 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidboss7

really thats kinda weird because i flashed 2 roms without having any problems about losing my imei number.
Or maybe i did but i didn't know! :P

yea, its very weird.. I've tried to flash a stock rom and my imei continuos 004999010640000..

i really dont know what i have to do, cause ive already flashed a stock rom and nothing happens.. :/
30th April 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw5700

do a search on imei, but i think some people have had their imei restored after flashing stock rom. dont forget to backup efs afterwards, you may have a backup already as some apps back it up (search for efs)

Sent using TCP/IP

ive already flashed a stock rom, and nothing happens :/ ive tried too to flash with darkys and nothing.. Ive tried this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859914 and nothing :/ the problem is that the files nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are already corrupted files..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread