Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I really need help (IMEI)

Tip us?

victorbeta123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I really need help (IMEI)

Hi guys, first thing i need to tell you its about my english, i speak really bad. But please, try to understand me hehehe

I was updating my rom for Galaxy S I9000B, and I forgot to backup my efs folder.. So, I lost my imei.. I was trying to rename nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 to nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5, but i was looking the date and its the same date (the date same date that i updated my Galaxy), so nothing happens.. my nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are corrupted too :/

Im from Brazil, and sorry for my really bad english.. But please, someone can help me?

androidboss7
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorbeta123 View Post
Hi guys, first thing i need to tell you its about my english, i speak really bad. But please, try to understand me hehehe

I was updating my rom for Galaxy S I9000B, and I forgot to backup my efs folder.. So, I lost my imei.. I was trying to rename nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 to nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5, but i was looking the date and its the same date (the date same date that i updated my Galaxy), so nothing happens.. my nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are corrupted too :/

Im from Brazil, and sorry for my really bad english.. But please, someone can help me?
i am quite new to this as well but are you talking about when you were flashing a new rom?
Don't forget to click the THANKS
button if i helped you out!!!

ANDROIDBOSS7

victorbeta123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yea, i have flashed a new rom, and lost my imei.. now my imei finish with 4000.. :/

androidboss7
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
yea, i have flashed a new rom, and lost my imei.. now my imei finish with 4000.. :/
really thats kinda weird because i flashed 2 roms without having any problems about losing my imei number.
Or maybe i did but i didn't know! :P
Don't forget to click the THANKS
button if i helped you out!!!

ANDROIDBOSS7

gsw5700
Old
Thanks Meter 514
do a search on imei, but i think some people have had their imei restored after flashing stock rom. dont forget to backup efs afterwards, you may have a backup already as some apps back it up (search for efs)

Sent using TCP/IP

scubadude
Old
Thanks Meter 128
If you don't have back up the solution is to flash a stock rom through odin. This should restore everything. I think you can also flash darky resurrection rom but not 100% on that.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 - Stock; Samsung Galaxy S i9000 - CM10.1, Semaphore
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500 - CM10.1; Google Nexus 7
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
urchindesign.co.za

Lexrsk
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:

How to back up the IMEI http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859914

Flashing back to Stock ROM or Darky's 10.2 should restore your IMEI

o seu Inglês não é tão ruim
No need to say thanks just use the thanks button

Samsung Galaxy S
Telstra GT-I9000T
Currently running stock OS

Previous ROM/Modem/Kernel

ROM>> Team ICSSGS RC4.2
Modem>> JVQ
Kerrnel>> Semaphore ICS 0.9.1

IWillExplain
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 53
and have you made a backup of the /efs/ partition after you have lost the imei, there might have been the correct file backed up - now it is a mess probably

so here is the simple guide how to revert the imei [GUIDE] Recover your IMEI in 9 steps.
i think you were missing chown 1001:radio /efs/nv_data.bin

and here gereat tool to backup /efs/ partition
[TOOL] Updated! 13/04/12 - EFS Pro v1.4.7 - Advanced '/efs' Backup and Restore!

pick backup to tar and location pc - worked for me, sometimes app likes to crah but it works. jut check the tar file if all files are there after proces

good luck

victorbeta123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidboss7 View Post
really thats kinda weird because i flashed 2 roms without having any problems about losing my imei number.
Or maybe i did but i didn't know! :P
yea, its very weird.. I've tried to flash a stock rom and my imei continuos 004999010640000..

i really dont know what i have to do, cause ive already flashed a stock rom and nothing happens.. :/

victorbeta123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsw5700 View Post
do a search on imei, but i think some people have had their imei restored after flashing stock rom. dont forget to backup efs afterwards, you may have a backup already as some apps back it up (search for efs)

Sent using TCP/IP
ive already flashed a stock rom, and nothing happens :/ ive tried too to flash with darkys and nothing.. Ive tried this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=859914 and nothing :/ the problem is that the files nv_data.bak and nv_data.bak.md5 are already corrupted files..