Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tablet Mode Mod --Q & A-- !!!!!!

Tip us?

E_engineer
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by nash2000 View Post
I read that there was a fix for the white on white text bug...does anyone one which file it is?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Yes it is up. Click on gigantic red link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1581065

Just flash it and the text will be fixed. That's what I did.

moinsheriff
Old
Thanks Meter 27
anyone receving two text messages at once. i disabled notification from seraphim messaging app.. but even in the ics messaging app im getting 2 incoming messages instead of just 1
GALAXY NOTE 3 N900

SOLD~ Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S2 T989, HP Touchpad, Nexus S, Vibrant, HTC Desire, iPhone 2g

VonEsch
Old
Thanks Meter 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by moinsheriff View Post
no cache or dalvik wipe. just flashed and fixed permissions
I don't know I'm at a loss, you're running seraphim with tablet, and flashed tablet enable on top? Should be fine. Maybe something in between seraphim and tab mod was flashed??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

moinsheriff
Old
Thanks Meter 27
are you having any issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonEsch View Post
I don't know I'm at a loss, you're running seraphim with tablet, and flashed tablet enable on top? Should be fine. Maybe something in between seraphim and tab mod was flashed??

GALAXY NOTE 3 N900

SOLD~ Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S2 T989, HP Touchpad, Nexus S, Vibrant, HTC Desire, iPhone 2g

KodeRiter722
Old
(Last edited by KodeRiter722; 30th April 2012 at 05:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by twack View Post
1. Did the nandroid this morning. Copy on ext card and pc

2. "Flash the zip" is the same as "install from zip", correct?

3. Nova is already on.

4. Tweak as I go, Okay...

5. Thanks and/or donate readied :)

Thanks for u 2!
Yes, "flash the zip" is the same as "install zip from sdcard." Sorry about that. Get familiar with that terminology. You'll hear it a lot around here.

If you want some tips on keeping track of nandroid backups, you can refer to my post here.

cmjkxa
Old
(Last edited by cmjkxa; 30th April 2012 at 05:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 86
I had this same issue. I really don't know what I did to fix it. I initially disabled the one that came with this mod through settings, app, messaging. Tried to use gosms but hated it. Figured I'd deal with double texts. Unfroze messaging through TB and its working fine so far normally. Again, I don't know what fixed it. You might want to try that.

Oh, after unfreezing, try rebooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

rg1973
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Does anyone have the stock calendar
not liking the ics one from market

twack
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeRiter722 View Post
First, make sure you have a nandroid backup, in case the mod is not compatible with your rom.

Then, all you have to do is download and flash the zip in cwm. no wipe necessary (if that doesn't change with the update).

As far as tweaks, you probably want to use Nova launcher, since apex doesn't seem to get along with this mod yet. Anything else is just personal preference. Be sure to check out all your apps to see them in all their tablet UI glory.

Finally, once you see how awesome it is, go and thank the dev for allowing you to enjoy the fruits of their labor...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeRiter722 View Post
Yes, "flash the zip" is the same as "install zip from sdcard." Sorry about that. Get familiar with that terminology. You'll hear it a lot around here.

If you want some tips on keeping track of nandroid backups, you can refer to my post here.
Did all the things as directed but now there is no dialer, no contacts or calendar. Please look at my OP to see what/how I was installed before trying to update. BTW I flashed the A2 and the enabler the second time and still the same things. Many many FC's also.

Any ideas?

VonEsch
Old
(Last edited by VonEsch; 30th April 2012 at 08:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by moinsheriff View Post
are you having any issues?
Had to flash a custom notification bar after the enabler, besides that, none that aren't known about i.e. contact deletion, panorama on ICS camera, deleting pictures from Samsung camera, stock browser. Anything else can usually be fixed by fixing permissions and when that doesn't work if it can be downloaded, erase and download. Maybe try a different ROM? I hear it works fine on seraphim, I'm on noteworthy, and it runs beautifully.
My wife has a skyrocket, and when I run into things like system not mounting rw, I back everything up, make a nandroid, and start over. If you can't get it running as you'd like it, change it. Development is slowly starting to gear up in this forum, and you're able to try more and more until you find one that works best for you, with the things you want working and bring able to accept the things that don't run so smoothly (my messaging force closes every time I turn on my phone, but that's it). A little drawn out but that's my piece, take it out leave it

fucheeno
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_engineer View Post
Yes it is up. Click on gigantic red link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1581065

Just flash it and the text will be fixed. That's what I did.
Are you sure? I don't think version. 3 is up just yet. Btw as my first. Android phone I am loving this so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium