How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Now application, a complete fail

OP ilboy

30th April 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 16

113 posts
More
Since NOW (samsung weather/news application) was released about two years ago i've always encountered a lot of problems. At the beginning I didn't care a lot, but as Mango was released, the problems started becoming worse and worse. Every, and i really mean EVERY, 2-3 weeks live tile stops working for 1 week at least than samsung updates the application (without a lot of success). This happened in october, december, february, march and nowadays.
Since 25/04/2012 live tile stopped completely working even if they updated NOW (2.11 version). I think that this application will never be fixed as it should ...what do you think? Am i right? Does your live tile work yet (almost impossible)?
30th April 2012, 02:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 26

150 posts
Same issues. It's a shambolic app and I deleted it for good upon them breaking it again with this recent 2.11 update.

I use Microsoft's recently updated Weather app for instead. Only uses a single tile too.
2nd May 2012, 11:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag Barnsley
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Since the latest update my Live Tile has stopped working, and after installing the update I've found my phone to be switched off so now I've deleted it and the phone hasnt turned off since.

Wish I hadn't updated the App as the previous one worked fine for me and I quite liked the layout of the tile. Now using the Microsoft Weather App but I dont like it as much, maybe cos there's no colour and its just the same colour as everything else on the home screen.
2nd May 2012, 02:11 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bologna

113 posts
More
I'm not going to use microsoft weather application because it's awful (as you said). I would suggest that you download "amazing weather" which is a lot better, but is costs 2€ (maybe 1,5 or something like that). This one has got some "amazing" effects. However i think i'll wait for Samsung to update again "NOW" hoping this time the tile will work.
Last edited by ilboy; 2nd May 2012 at 02:17 PM.
2nd May 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #5  
Flag Skien
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
Donate to Me
More
my lifetile actually never worked, so I am using weatherflow, because it is the one with the most beautiful tiles...

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
4th May 2012, 06:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bologna

207 posts
More
Hi ilboy, i had same problems and i was really upset too, but finally works again for me
5th May 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bologna

113 posts
More
I found the solution too. I had to clean and install again the application. But this does not change my opinion
5th May 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #8  
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 30

479 posts
More
works again for me too
I HATE THIS APP

ot
third people from bologna (Italy) in a row
nice game!
Last edited by znial; 5th May 2012 at 09:41 PM.
12th May 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bologna

207 posts
More
warning!! warning!!! there's an update!!!

no fear, update went ok, apparently no issues now version 2.12.2.1
Last edited by DJBlaster-303; 12th May 2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: adding info
12th May 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bologna

113 posts
More
Actually, there IS an issue....live tile does not work anymore. I understood I had to clean and reinstall the application and it had been working for a week. Since the new update pushed out today it has stopped working again...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread