Ok, it took me a pair of hours but i have the great satisfaction to have found a workaround ! I share it below with whoever would be interested.
I observed with more attention than i did before the error.log of uot kitchen and i saw that the issue seemed to be with the res/drawable-mdpi/battery_low_battery.jpg
file of SystemUI.apk.
I compared 1.54_eu SystemUI.apk to 1.33_eu SystemUI.apk and saw that in this one it was named res/drawable-mdpi/battery_low_battery.png
I knew that 1.33_eu SystemUI.apk was ok for cooking, so here is what i did :
- decompile 1.54_eu SystemUI.apk with apktool
- in the decompiled apk, replace res/drawable-mdpi/battery_low_battery.jpg with res/drawable-mdpi/battery_low_battery.png of 1.33_eu SystemUI.apk
- recompile SystemUI with apktool
- copy resources.arsc of the newly compiled SystemUI.apk into the original SystemUI.apk
- in the original SystemUI.apk, replace res/drawable-mdpi/battery_low_battery.jpg with res/drawable-mdpi/battery_low_battery.png of 1.33_eu SystemUI.apk
Modified as described, the 1.54_eu SystemUI.apk is now ok for cooking in uot kitchen
along with the other needed files (framework-res.apk and com.htc.resources.apk). I tested it with a battery mod, it cooked and flashed ok !
No need to do the mod yourself, you can download the result below : you have modified 1.54_eu SystemUI.apk to use with uot kitchen and a CM7 style battery mod ready to flash with CWM into a 1.54_eu rom (don't forget to hit thanks if you use these files, this SystemUI.apk file has cost me many hours of googling and brain storming !