Wifi problems can't figure it out ideas would be much appreciated

Search This thread

seniar

Dec 12, 2010
Hixson
I'm on the skyrocket and I have ran just about every ROM on here at some point and a while back my wifi started acting up randomly. By acting up I mean it would shut off and either attempt to turn on and end up in error or it would turn on after much longer than normal and start scanning but never finding any network then turning wifi back off. I tried all the usual methods of fixing things wipe cache and dalvik reboot, some times would work. Reinstall ROM, kernal, modem...works every time...for a while. Now on ics thought everything was ok then it happened out of no where like always... No wifi. Upgraded to mhx superlite 4.0 and hoping for the best. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Last edited:

burgeswe

Mar 27, 2012
Edmond, OK
Do you have logging enabled on your router? Seeing any logs that are happening while the router is on/the phone isn't connecting could be useful

seniar

Dec 12, 2010
Hixson
I do not but I'll have it ready for next time my wifi stops again could be today could be a week it's very random

seniar

Dec 12, 2010
Hixson
Actually three only logs I could find on my router were "event logs" and nothing showed up from my phone when it was last having wifi problems

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
darkside x 2 > odin stock > odin cwm > darkside > favourite rom + kernel. If that doesn't fix it u have a hardware problem

seniar

Dec 12, 2010
Hixson
I've been trying to avoid Odin a I'm not very familiar with it I've only used it once or twice but never in my skyrocket but if this problem doesn't stopthat's my last option I believe... I've been hoping it's not hardware but we will see

bored4long

Mar 28, 2012
Odin CWM?

Hi, I'm facing wifi issues as well. I'm a very new android user. I'm running SKY ICS and it was running great until this morning. I have lost wifi. Nothing has changed with my phone to explain this change in behavior.

Behavior:
Wifi is turned off.
I go in to turn it on, it will show the "turning on..." message in settings and will then show checked. Wi-Fi networks will then show "Scanning" and then wi-fi shuts off.
I had Wefi Pro installed and uninstalled it thinking that app may have caused a problem, but the behavior persists.

I have found Darkside and Odin via search, but can't find Odin CWM. Can someone provide a link? Thanks!

Darkside Thread
Odin Thread
darkside x 2 > odin stock > odin cwm > darkside > favourite rom + kernel. If that doesn't fix it u have a hardware problem

creedicd

Nov 26, 2011
I've noticed that my wifi issues are associated with Juice Defender. It works good for a while then starts acting up. I tweek it. It runs better then acts up. Then I reflash and start over. Need something other than Juice Defender. I suppose I could probably do the same power saving actions with Tasker... but it's more work than I feel like doing.

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
I've noticed that my wifi issues are associated with Juice Defender. It works good for a while then starts acting up. I tweek it. It runs better then acts up. Then I reflash and start over. Need something other than Juice Defender. I suppose I could probably do the same power saving actions with Tasker... but it's more work than I feel like doing.

I use juice defender and never had a problem. Check the wifi settig inside the juice defender profile that's responsible for re trying wifi connection if it fails. That's probably what's set to a high number.

Also, for the OP... Do you have any other wifi devices on your network that behave this way? And do you use juice defender as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Reactions: creedicd

seniar

Dec 12, 2010
Hixson
It was only my phone that acts up my fiancé's phone never has a problem neither do my lap tops but I had found that I could toggle my data, Bluetooth, and GPS on and off a few times and sometimes reboot and wifi would start working again but i'm on a brand new skyrocket now cause I kinda bricked my first one the other day...haven't had a problem with this one yet but I haven't even rooted it yet either so we will see how it goes later on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

creedicd

Nov 26, 2011
Have you tried a different access point? If it still has issues I'd take it back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

xxsicknessxx

Nov 21, 2011
I think the phone not great on wifi because my computer gets great bars phone gets crap no matter what. Nothing helps even a new router.I have found that how I hold my phone effects the reception allot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I use juice defender and never had a problem. Check the wifi settig inside the juice defender profile that's responsible for re trying wifi connection if it fails. That's probably what's set to a high number.

Also, for the OP... Do you have any other wifi devices on your network that behave this way? And do you use juice defender as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk